LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Dimensions: Screenshots!

The is largely discussion and news about dimensions in Rift, and Crell suggested a separate thread dedicated to screenshots to make browsing easier, so here we go. :) Feel free to (re)post links to your albums and whatnot!

I finally got around to taking some shots and uploading...and realized that the only way the ground floor makes sense is if "ground clutter" in visual settings is disabled, oops. Location: Faeblight, owner Quna (Temple of the Abandoned).

Edit to add: link to direct Photobucket album

Here's the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bGnmgPUiHU.

th_pavilion_zps09b54d55.jpg Pavilion

th_guestbath_zps089bef14.jpg Outdoor guest bath

th_guesthouse_zpsb2355693.jpg Guest house

th_kitchendining_zpsd197084a.jpg Kitchen area

th_dining_zps30a91291.jpg Dining area

th_kitchensink_zps1f04f051.jpg Kitchen sink

th_livingroom1_zps220d544c.jpg

th_livingroom2_zpsd3f632a3.jpg Lounge

th_library_zps354c373c.jpg Library

th_study_zps93ff75ce.jpg Study

th_bathroomsink_zps8c3f3680.jpg Bathroom sink

th_toilet_zpsf84185b1.jpg

Toilet and tissue box because I couldn't figure out how to make toilet paper. This is about as creative as I get with object morphing, sadly. :P

th_shower-stainedglass_zps4c3fc677.jpg

Bath and shower overlooking ginormous stained glass window (I admit to buying this dimension solely for the stained glass)

th_shower-mechanism_zps6b3da125.jpg

Shower mechanism (I actually thought about this: Pumps are attached to the pillar that send water back up to a filtration and purification system before being pumped back out over a fire crystal for heating)

th_laboratory_zps9262ef01.jpg Laboratory (because, you know, Defiant)

th_bedroom_zpsccce9c53.jpg Bedroom floor at the top

Note: Sorry for the excess compression artifacting. Looks like Photobucket recompressed things, oh well...

Oh wow, great dimension! You've done so much work since I visited it. I love the running water of the sink/shower and your 'No Smoking' sign. :) I need to go see it 'in person' again. I'll show my main dimension once it's ready for prime time. :) 

Nice work!  I was like O.O with the no smoking sign.

Here are a few images of Leonore's (RP-Faeblight) Shimmersand sky-bandit camp.  She throws trespassers to the pond plants.  There is some scaffolding in the first image.  Under construction still.  It's designed to be a PvP map someday maybe if they implement that.

RiftHousingPlatforms.jpg

RiftHousingPond.jpg

These are great! :)  I will have to travel around as a shard visitor again to have a visit, hehe.

I guess I should go make some screenies of some that I am still working on.  SInce the dreamweaving started I have been trying to update some things so most of my dims are in various stages of revamp here, there.  I will get into some later for posts :)

Tinker: Thanks, what with the Carnival and dreamweaving, there's a lot of new items to play with. :P Yes, I know it should be "smo-king," will fix....eventually.

Silverangel: PvP dimension items are coming in a matter of weeks, supposedly! Though pricing is a complete mystery... I'll stop by yours (unless it's not public yet) sometime :D Though I have PvP disabled. >_>

mtones: Hop to it people, get those dimensions built! Though with Trion constantly adding stuff, I feel that mine will never really be "done"...

Would it be possible to inline the pictures instead of making everybody works for an age or two for photobucket to load their ... whatever the hell they are doing there?

Would it be possible to inline the pictures instead of making everybody works for an age or two for photobucket to load their ... whatever the hell they are doing there?

Could you clarify how do you mean "in line" ?  I cannot find another way to link my photobucket pics other than from that site as there is no way I can find to direct post pics to this one. Am I missing something? I have some others I'd like to post so info would help :)

You guys have put mine to shame.   I never work on it except for storing the dimension items. 

So I have fished up about 5 caskets.  Some I sold and 1 kept.  I should have kept them all for a cool morgue look

Could you clarify how do you mean "in line" ?  I cannot find another way to link my photobucket pics other than from that site as there is no way I can find to direct post pics to this one. Am I missing something? I have some others I'd like to post so info would help :)

The [ img ] tag on a version with about 1024 pixels wide.

Maybe Darmokk means t

Can't say I understand what you're after either.

And lovely pictures. That's one nice dimension... even without items in it!

I saw the most epic dimension the other day.. someone made a water park, with a massive slide! There was so much creativity everywhere. I shall have to upload some photos soonish.

Darmokk, I am still not understanding.  The links to photobucket are to pics that indeed are 1024 pixels wide.  What is the issue then please?

In the meantime, if anyone would like to try their hand at a photobuck slide show I am posting links here to two dims I am still working on, one which I posted here in another thread and another I don't think I posted last time... My Morrocan themed dim which is my latest is really too unfinished yet, so I may be a while...  Meantime, Retreatfalls and Santorini Home are both viewable on Laethys :)

I think the Photobucket thumbnails maybe weren't loading for Darmokk, otherwise the URLs just link to the large images directly; I've since added a link to the album itself too.

mtones, brilliant work there; I especially like the extra decorative touches with the uhh.... those cheap vendor 6-armed things, forgot what they're called.

Darmokk, I am still not understanding.  The links to photobucket are to pics that indeed are 1024 pixels wide.  What is the issue then please?

They load slow and you have to do it one by one.

This one is preloaded when you load the forum page, and you can have 10 or so loaded like this.

pavilion_zps09b54d55.jpg

^--Hm, I didn't use the generated HTML for the thumbnails, though, which means the big pics shouldn't be loaded at all until you click, so I'm not sure how that could possibly be slower than forcing front-loaded large pics on one page. The forum view for the large embeddeds have to be viewed separately to see the actual size, even. I'm wondering if your browser is doing prefetching or something for the thumbnails to be slow...

That said, the added album slideshow link should work for people who just want to go direct. ;)

Meantime, Retreatfalls and Santorini Home are both viewable on Laethys :)

The retreat is beautiful and cozy looking.  Love the pet squirrel. :)

@Trilwych  Thanks so much for the note about the PvP items.  I'll have to pay more attention to Rift news.  (I've been cheating on Rift because Night Elves, honestly.)

very interesting stuff.

as someone who has never played Rift...  how do these homes (dimensions) fit into the larger world?  how are they accessed, and can anyone in the world encounter the door/gate/enterance?  are several dimensions available from the same entry point? etc.

curious how they fit into the world.

very interesting stuff.

as someone who has never played Rift... how do these homes (dimensions) fit into the larger world? how are they accessed, and can anyone in the world encounter the door/gate/enterance? are several dimensions available from the same entry point? etc.

They're called "dimensions" because they literally copy a piece of the existing game world and partition it off for player use; access is by instant porting through the UI---given the "technomagic" nature of the game, I suppose people can simply RP it by accessing a normal world port, for example, and there are tons of dimensions designed for RP and player events.
Unfortunately because they're kind of popped off the world instead of a "neighborhood" design, it's not as immersive... but this way, they're also infinitely expandable.

Not all are "homes," of course. There are some impressive jumping puzzles, giant slides, metagaming themes (the Star Wars dimension is quite famous). My tower dimension has a maze on the second floor. :P

very interesting stuff.

as someone who has never played Rift...  how do these homes (dimensions) fit into the larger world?  how are they accessed, and can anyone in the world encounter the door/gate/enterance?  are several dimensions available from the same entry point? etc.

The dimensions are accessible via clicking on a key you will have either on a hotbar, or by opening this dimension panel with " [ "

So they are not areas that you ride to the way you do in LotrO.  They are fully separate instances to each player.  They differ widely in size since some are ginourmous and others can be very tiny.  You can construct things vertically as well though, so even very small spaces can be huge in a way if you build up and invest in higher item counts.  I am always feeling like my spaces are really snooze-O boring compared to what some people make, hehe.  There really are some gifted imaginations out there thank goodness :)

I spend quite a lot of time just travelling dimensions sometimes, and be amazed by what worlds people make.  It is litetally almost another game in the game.

ah ok, so not multiple locations in the world, or plug-points.

are they tied to a specific server?  or is the way it is implemented allow for them to be... serverless?

ah ok, so not multiple locations in the world, or plug-points.

are they tied to a specific server? or is the way it is implemented allow for them to be... serverless?

They are tied to the "owner" character. So if you transfer your character to another server, those dimensions will move too.

cool.  that is really an important detail.  unlike a certain game, where you lose most housing related things.

Oh sweet dimension, Silverangel! I haven't done nearly as much as you and Twil. My main's rather modest dimension is a work in progress, but here is what I have thus far:

Outdoor buffet

10534622.jpg

The docks (I plan to decorate the boats 'soon')...

10534625.jpg

Merchants' supplies ready to deliver

10534628.jpg

Cafe kitchen and bakery

10534634.jpg

10534637.jpg

Bar-station

10534640.jpg

Edit: This is Giftelle's Plaza Aurentine on Faeblight, btw.

• Upvote 1

I think it's great! Lovely trellis...why didn't I think of that. :P And it's an ongoing process, besides.

I hope Trion will add more NPCs like the bartender. They did add some moving critter dimension items with the Unstable sets, but those are kind of prohibitive at the moment.

Those plants you have on the trellis.. are they a normal ground one that you've flipped upside down to look like they are hanging? Or are there hanging plants to buy? :P