LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Dimensions: Screenshots!

Those are ground plants.  One of the cool things about using toolbox or even the regular tools in dimensions is you can move anything on x-y-z axis and change one item into something else :)

Those plants you have on the trellis.. are they a normal ground one that you've flipped upside down to look like they are hanging? Or are there hanging plants to buy? :P

Yes, Lothirieth, those are the inexpensive 'clump of bluebells' you can buy from the store for 3 gold each. I just turned them upside down and put some evergreen shrubs on the top so it doesn't look too bare. I stole the basic idea from another dimension I visited some time ago, so cannot really take credit. :D

And Twil, I agree with you about needing more NPC's for dimensions. Also wish we could put NPC animals in the dimensions. An occasional cat or farm animal would be nice. The beehive is fun at least. :)

Here's some shots I grabbed of the waterpark/spa dimension I saw:

Clever sign:

6qqx8d7.jpg

The foyer:

ryp4ag0.jpg

Kitchen:

QnCbEnP.jpg

entrance to the bathrooms, love the M/F signs!:

Z5M3X6d.jpg

Shower room:

TfIrAl6.jpg

bathroom:

Kpyepvt.jpg

The best part... the Log Ride!:

VP3cAVP.jpg

The start of the massive slide:

OGol7As.jpg

the entrance:

MYuDAIC.jpg

Wheeeee:

vBPqaHt.jpg

• Upvote 2

Alright. Not as cool as ones like the above^, and it took months because my ambition was running into the starter dim item limit (and over 800 plat to double the limit to 400 items, ouch), but I finally completed my second dim. Mostly. I ended up using most of the limit just on construction, so decoration is a bit sparse; the kitchen sure feels empty! Ah well. I had to cannibalize the top floor and couldn't build out the bathroom, how sad. :P

Cloud Cottage on Faeblight (Qaseyu)

No screenshots since I'm remoting in on a crap connection and low graphics settings.

OK, fiddled a bit for screenshots. ;) I was looking for an open "mod" feel, so the theme was white/blue, big spaces and big windows, and I was going to take over the entire dim space but no... Although there is no "window" object in dimensions, which makes me sad, so I faked it with a few invisible PvP tiles.

Combo great room/dining, enclosed porch

2014-12-15_141006_zpse28ef914.jpg

2014-12-15_141037_zpscc836996.jpg

Kitchen

2014-12-15_140835_zps461409aa.jpg

(Normally I'd have a bunch of kitchen clutter, but let's just pretend everything has been put away in the lower cupboards, yeeahhh.)

Indoor garden

2014-12-15_141124_zpsfdc8385a.jpg

Stair view

2014-12-15_140856_zps41a92b9e.jpg

Bedroom

2014-12-12_150304_zpsfc217f98.jpg

Hot tub (can't see the steam)

2014-12-15_141209_zpsa23be384.jpg

Deck with noisy telescope (wish Trion would remove that part)

2014-12-15_141321_zpsf9f6dc44.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks. :)

I saw something super weird when I logged out, though---for some inexplicable reason, Qas' dim item limit was shown as "401/400." I don't even know how that's possible because the game simply doesn't let you place anything above the limit, so it might be a bug, but I really hope stuff doesn't disappear when I zone back in later. Yeeeee.

Also, I doubt I would have finished this if the new minion system didn't completely DESTROY the dim item AH market. Buying stuff for only a few silver that are normally listed for over a plat in-store is pretty gratifying. Silver lining, I suppose.

OK, question. Some time ago you guys showed someone's (all credit to the dude, sorry for forgetting his name) Orthanc tower built in one of these 'dimension' spaces. If the building is done block-wise (let's say LEGO-style) and each object is counted as 1 item, then how do you manage to build a huge structure with zillion block units if the limit is a few hundred?

Edit: Checked it, it was Galuhad, of course. The guy with the great kinship revamp proposal that will see the light of day as much as the housing revamp.

Edit 2: The +1 rep was an accidental miss-click by Trilwych, who is apparently incapable of aiming the mouse pointer with precision ensuring a 2-cm resolution of muscle movement, probably because of modest arm shaking, presumably due to overuse of computer mouse. That or alcoholism.

• Upvote 1

OK, question. Some time ago you guys showed someone's (all credit to the dude, sorry for forgetting his name) Orthanc tower built in one of these 'dimension' spaces. If the building is done block-wise (let's say LEGO-style) and each object is counted as 1 item, then how do you manage to build a huge structure with zillion block units if the limit is a few hundred?

Edit: Checked it, it was Galuhad, of course. The guy with the great kinship revamp proposal that will see the light of day as much as the housing revamp.

Enjoy the accidental +1 while I was trying to hit 'quote'. :P My friend and I finally got around to exploring it---amazing shit. Each dimension key you can get has different item limits (each tier unlocking at higher prices), and then most items can be scaled in size. So taking a flat black marble tile, you can scale it up to take more space but it still counts as one item. The starter dimensions can only hold up to 200 items at a reasonable price, then the 400 item limit upgrade is a ridiculous 860 platinum or something. Some dimensions can hold thousands of items.

Love the pics Tril, almost makes me want to start playing Rift again just to make dimensions.

Thanks. :)

I realized last night that if I used a "set time" object (locking the day/night cycle to noon, in my case), I could get rid of a bunch of lights and add more decorations. Yay.

Enjoy the accidental +1 while I was trying to hit 'quote'. :P

Edited to reflect on that, and thanks for the info on dimensions :)

Edited to reflect on that, and thanks for the info on dimensions :)

HA! I had all browser graphics toggled off and just poked a random thing. :P I'll consider that a retroactive-time-loop +1, though, for the funny comment.