LOTROCommunity

Infractions count

Ric

As pictured:

You have 0 currently active infractions with a lifetime count of 1 infraction for a total lifetime value of 5 points. Note. This number may not accurately affect your infraction status/history due to any number of factors. Including but not limited to, the forum revamp/transition.

Yeah mines similar but says  0/2  11

the 11 is permanent.

I believe you may only be allowed 2 points per week before they limit posts.

I've never gotten anything under a 3, with a 5 being issued once.

Interesting, I don't have that listed in my posts on the OF...

1. You have to be logged in (aka, not perma-banned)

2. Like I said. It's not a completely accurate display. Mine doesn't even mesh with the list on my user_cp!

Note that this isn't complete. There was an old infraction count before software changes that was not carried over into the new count but that Turbine consults for banning purposes.

2. Like I said. It's not a completely accurate display. Mine doesn't even mesh with the list on my user_cp!

Yeah 2. is the same "issue" I have. I have 0/1 (1) despite having a couple of major infractions @user_cp.

To be fair it doesn't really mean much.  In my experience they can ban you or moderate you regardless of what the number is.  The guidelines are just there so they can say they have the rules published but Sapience doesn't have time to follow rules once the ban hammer has been unsheathed.  

but that Turbine consults for banning purposes.

It also depends just how far back the infraction data goes. Not all of it even migrated partially, some of it went poof. Additionally ,they have to notice/care to bother with the 'rest' of the User-CP infraction enforcement. Maybe they glance at it when applying the new infractions, but I doubt it.

To be fair it doesn't really mean much.  In my experience they can ban you or moderate you regardless of what the number is.

Technically all use of the Community Sites is at the moderators discretion. Ditto the actual game at the hands of the +GM teams, though they're much more reluctant to exercise that option game-side except through the normal disciplinary escalation over time process.

*reads your sig* Perma ban x2? *peers* Explain please.

crell this is very obvious. 2 accounts, 2 perma bans. Many people who are banned make another account and then post from that.

Usually people don't bother listing bans for sock puppet accounts. I figured, maybe something like a 2xlifetime accounts..

PS: Your sig is very disorienting!

Usually people don't bother listing bans for sock puppet accounts. I figured, maybe something like a 2xlifetime accounts..

PS: Your sig is very disorienting!

I think it is not a sock puppet account, but 1st account for years, then ban, then next account used for a long time. So no sock puppet accounts.

On the sig, I know, every single time I post he edits my post!

I thought about changing it to "Edited by Darmokk" but decided to be nice.

Full Status --> Moderated Status --> Appeal --> Full Status --> Perma-Ban --> Appeal --> Full Status --> Perma-Ban

My alt account is perma banned

I've also had a couple 1 post hero accounts get banned so 2x is the only misleading part

Keep in mind most of my infractions have been poking fun at +Sap (including moderation decisions) and his cronies with sarcasm or talking about GW2 or SWTOR.  All this happened post Celestrata where the forums were a little more forgivable when it came to light hearted fun.  Also, the warden forums used to be a lot more fun.  That same posting style in General Discussion got me into a lot of trouble.  Farming reputation caused problems too, b/c I would post in a manner that I felt would gain me the most rep.  This usually meant pissing off one side so I had to gauge where +rep would outweigh -rep.  Good times.

I do like to think I had a part in the departure of the forums of Morlix and Horus, just b/c I was a dick to them.  Warden posters from the past, well Morlix was a guard who posted in the warden forums.

Another thing to note is that it means feck all.

I had zero infraction points, made a couple of posts (first time in years),  a month later went back to find I had been perma banned with no reason.

The posts I made contained no trolling, no swearing, nothing.

I simply responded to a thread asking why lifers were no longer playing stating one of the reasons was I found the customer support from Codemasters to be better as it was much more personal, i.e they would usually talk to you first before issuing any warnings / temp bans (unless of cause it was a clear violation of the rules)

I'm not perma-banned and I made a post yesterday to be sure.

Perhaps it's because I have a ton of overall infractions most of which were overturned? The weird thing is that it's not there at all, not just that it may be inaccurate.

If you have zero infractions in the updated forums nothing will show up there = blank space.

If you do have infractions you should have PM's that outline what the infraction was for.

Otherwise it might be a bug = go wild! :)

If you have zero infractions in the updated forums nothing will show up there = blank space.

If you do have infractions you should have PM's that outline what the infraction was for.

Otherwise it might be a bug = go wild! :)

No, I'm telling you again that they didn't carry over infractions from the old software as far as display goes, but they still use them for bans. So your display will say 0 even if you have old ones.

The pm is very nice but the email forwarding of PM doesn't work. I never knew which post got me banned because I didn't get an email and obviously I can't read my PMs.

I would appreciate it if you would refrain from repeating things that are simply not true. The current display as to the number of infractions does not reflect your number of infractions.

And as mentioned it doesn't matter anyway since they will happily slam multiple 5-point infractions on you at the same time so you get banned without infraction count as such.

They are completely stupid now

.I juist received an infraction for :

Originally Posted by Christopher_S

That seemed to be the crux of what you were saying, using the status of your own kin to make a larger point about the state of the game. If I misinterpreted that, my bad. But I was just going off my first impression.

My answer :

Read Turbine SOAP data since HD...

Reason: 7. Fabricated and misleading information. (Major)Deliberately posting fabricated or misleading information about another member of the community, other companies, or Turbine/WB or its employees will not be tolerated. We consider this a very serious offense.

They are completely stupid now

.I juist received an infraction for :

Originally Posted by Christopher_S

That seemed to be the crux of what you were saying, using the status of your own kin to make a larger point about the state of the game. If I misinterpreted that, my bad. But I was just going off my first impression.

My answer :

Read Turbine SOAP data since HD...

Reason: 7. Fabricated and misleading information. (Major)Deliberately posting fabricated or misleading information about another member of the community, other companies, or Turbine/WB or its employees will not be tolerated. We consider this a very serious offense.

Sad and desperate...

Was it Sapience or unknown that issued the infraction?

Sadly this kind of BS infraction is becoming more common and that's why I'm wondering if it was Sap.

I would appeal if you feel it is worth the time and effort.

well lets have a thread about SOAP and the API in general on this board then.

I really am eager to learn more. For instance I had assumed the API hits themselves incremented the queue number and had to be a factor, now I understand they do not. Queuing is done prior to validation.

Do these numbers skip blocks?

I really am eager to learn more. For instance I had assumed the API hits themselves incremented the queue number and had to be a factor, now I understand they do not. Queuing is done prior to validation.

The actual queuing is done post validation.

To my knowledge the numbers haven't ever skipped.

If this is something you're really interested in google it. You might be surprised what turns up.

Rule 7 ("Fabricated and Misleading Information") seems to be their new "go-to" infraction to get rid of people who post anything negative about the game.

I guess with all the lay-offs, the old procedure of tossing 1- and 2-point "Provoking" infractions around like confetti is too labor-intensive to be viable...

Yet another sign of a game in terminal decline.

No. You can pretty clearly see how it is single stepping on the low volume servers. It all looks pretty straightforward.