LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

High Quality GW2 Streamers

this guy really has a top quality stream.  usually him and his guildies running WvWvW.

if you want to see just how good this game can look and perform, check him out!

http://www.twitch.tv/pinkalol

also if you have any recommendations for folk who twitch a clean (GW2) live stream, please add em.

PS: if ever the music is not to your liking, just mute it.  ;)

Much like football, I have no idea how people can enjoy watching someone else play a game. Then again, there's a damn show on telly recently that's just filing other people watch telly.

Much like football, I have no idea how people can enjoy watching someone else play a game. Then again, there's a damn show on telly recently that's just filing other people watch telly.

i like to pick up tips & tricks.

stronger for something like Starcraft 2.  i watch LiquidMaNa, his unit control and overall speed...    i actually feel my brain wake up with exposure...  i wonder if i might evolve telekinesis, as a result?  :P

also to see how shite i am in comparison.  age does not gift you with speed.  i have to find another advantage.

anyway, it helps loads when the stream quality is good & the action is decent.

Snap, the way I see it is if I have time to sit and watch someone else playing a game I'd probably be better off playing the game myself instead, far more rewarding.

Snap, the way I see it is if I have time to sit and watch someone else playing a game I'd probably be better off playing the game myself instead, far more rewarding.

oh i agree, if you treat this as just a spectators thing, then yeah...   a spectator is you.

but a personal anecdote...

i subscribe to a certain Youtuber who is one of the big Starcraft channels on Youtube (there are several.)

he has fantastic early game micro.  for all 3 races.  but a long game and he becomes a one trick (early game) pony.  he has no late game, or a very weak one, his strength is the early game & he is utterly reluctant to switch away from what he has become proficient with.

so based off that intel, when you get a game with him, there are some pretty clear actions you can take, to push him into playing his weak game, rather than letting him play to his strength.

so for me, it isn't solely an entertainment/spectator thing.

but with the case of Twitch, getting to see a game at it's best quality, can be a good, (or bad, depending on the game) promotional tool to help someone decide if they should even bother installing the game on their PC, or waste a single penny.

so i agree, just watching as a spectator... prolonged activity of that kind, wouldn't be to exiting for me personally, even with the hype machine of tournaments the size of DOTA2, Starcraft2, or LoL.

any extended viewing i do there, is to see what the best of the field are doing and see what i can learn.

http://www.gamingmouse.com/gaming/fragpedal/quad/

Almost indestructible, completely rebuildable modular design, and so much more than just an extra set of buttons for your feet. Advantage and then some.

lulz...

sometimes less is more.  ;)

speed isn't necessarily about having yet another input device.  though, sometimes it is.

for SC2, keyboard is the biggest factor.  watching some MOBAtype pro players, that also seems to be the biggest factor as well (well at least with Dendi.)

http://www.twitch.tv/liquidtlo

^this^ guy from Germany has a hand cam, so you can see his keyboard macro.

i'd only ever invest in foot-pedals, if i was into driving games.

actually it takes tab-target stuff like lotro to a new level just by mapping alt, ctl and shift.

It also can map all your peripherals and swap those mappings on the fly. Re-install the game? No problem, leave the game mapping defaults and let the device macro handle it. Multiple people using the same install? Still no problem, each is stored.

Less is more for sure, this allows you to get more from less.