LOTROCommunity

U13 on Monday April 14?

Koolio

I thought the update made it so that kinships are not disbanded when they get under 8 people?  WTF?

And all-alt kins were supposed to be fine.

I'd guess this happened between Monday and the last time he logged in?

I have a confession to make! I just got defeated... on an epic quest... I know, the shame. I have no idea how it happened, I have been so used to landscape quests being faceroll easy that when I saw some 33k orcs to kill in the epic quest I pulled 3 of them without blinking an eye, I thought I would at least try to make it difficult. They killed me... I am... shocked to be honest*

*I feel I should point out that I did try again pulling three of the fuckers and killed them all, although I had to use a pot!

Yea still a ways to go but at least the balancing is noticeable this time.

What drives me crazy is that my bags keep forgetting that I want them to look the way they always have; I move them to put them back the way they were and they keep changing back to the new default size.  And it's not consistent so I can't figure out what causes it, it seems like the RNG is affecting my bag appearance too. 7(8)7  

mine too.

Strange. I haven't heard of this bug. I'll goof with mine and see if I can replicate it or figure out why.

If one of you could post a screenshot of how you want the bags it would make it easier :)

Strange. I haven't heard of this bug. I'll goof with mine and see if I can replicate it or figure out why.

If one of you could post a screenshot of how you want the bags it would make it easier :)

Although I only logged out and back in once, I had the same issue - or it sounds like I did, at least.

I just wanted my bags to look the same way they did prior to the update: six bags, each the same size and shape (what is it, a 6x3 grid - 5x3?).  After moving my bags back where I expect them to be (they'd been reversed in order, with 1 and 6 switching, 2 and 5, and 3 and 4 switching too), then logging out and back in, a few of the bags were no longer 6x3, but were wider and shorter - 7x2, with a truncated 3rd row - something like that.

The new bag stuff gets hosed when you alt-enter and go to the desktop from fullscreen.  If your windowed resolution is a diffrent size it'll resize the bag(s) all wonky.

I prefer to make Bag 1 have all the slots and have it be one big bag.  Unfortunately it gets derped out when I alt-enter :-P

I have a confession to make! I just got defeated... on an epic quest... I know, the shame. I have no idea how it happened, I have been so used to landscape quests being faceroll easy that when I saw some 33k orcs to kill in the epic quest I pulled 3 of them without blinking an eye, I thought I would at least try to make it difficult. They killed me... I am... shocked to be honest*

*I feel I should point out that I did try again pulling three of the fuckers and killed them all, although I had to use a pot!

Exact same happened to me 10 minutes ago and I'll bet they were the same three mobs = a group when you travel under Orthanc.

All three have stuns and if you run to the last one (like I did) all stuns hit at separate intervals giving close to perma stun.

Three regular mobs and they took me down :P

Also loving the new customizable bags and bought the 15 extra bag spaces (account wide) for 1000 TP.

I remember the BETA complaints about "Fangorn Coins" and while it didn't bother me I am pleased Turbine switched them to "leafs".

So far the update is looking good to me. :)

Although I only logged out and back in once, I had the same issue - or it sounds like I did, at least.

I just wanted my bags to look the same way they did prior to the update: six bags, each the same size and shape (what is it, a 6x3 grid - 5x3?).  After moving my bags back where I expect them to be (they'd been reversed in order, with 1 and 6 switching, 2 and 5, and 3 and 4 switching too), then logging out and back in, a few of the bags were no longer 6x3, but were wider and shorter - 7x2, with a truncated 3rd row - something like that.

Yea they are reversed when you first log in after patching.

Ok did a quick test on a couple mule alts. I had the issue with the bags resizing the first time I logged back in after arranging the bags. I then reset them to 5x3's and logged back out, logged back in and the bags were fine.

I have the bags arranged along the left side of the screen 1,2,3,4 bottom to top with 5 and 6 next to 3 and 4.

I'll check farther later tonight or tomorrow, got some FA Symbols to farm atm.

The new bag stuff gets hosed when you alt-enter and go to the desktop from fullscreen.  If your windowed resolution is a diffrent size it'll resize the bag(s) all wonky.

I prefer to make Bag 1 have all the slots and have it be one big bag.  Unfortunately it gets derped out when I alt-enter :-P

Alt-Enter didn't mess up my bags but it did mess up my plugins and overall display... never used alt-enter before. I use Alt-Tab to get to desktop and never have that problem. I leave something open at all times when in LOTRO so that Alt -Tab works properly... I just leave "My Computer" open.

It is similar to what happens (for me) if you change to a different resolution or screen aspect. I run wide screen, non-widowed, and it keeps squishing them together as if I had changed from 16:9 back to 4:3.

That does still happen with all my settings if I do switch resolutions, like Chromite noted, but in this case I'm not changing anything, just logging back in from a full logout; and everything behaves normally except for the bags.

<hangs head in shame>  I have actually died a couple of times yesterday and today on my level minstrel - have to learn that I can't pull the entire zone and nuke it like before ....  or at least I have to pay attention while doing it - need to check if my kins are still around now

Thanks, Chromite!

In my case I was alt-tabbing from fullscreen to desktop a lot, that might've been my problem.

Spiteful, if you get a chance, try that and see if it derps for you, OK?  

Bag placment is hosed for me. Logged in for first time since patch, bags were 5x3 layout. I had to re-place them to where i wanted them. Saved a UI Layout (ps. old UI Layouts at least for my bags did not work).

Logged out and checked a different character, bags were at 4x4 (4,4,4,3). Calling the UI Layout that I had just saved puts the bags back in correct positions but didn't revert them to the 5x3 layout. Logged out and back into the first character and sure enough the bags had reverted to the 4x4 layout size :(

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it. I think it was reverting to the 4x4 bag size because i wasn't stretching the right side of the bag panel quite enough, only allowing for minimum interior right side spacing to get it to 5x3. I streetched it about 1more pixel I am guessing and the bags now seem to be staying at 5x3. Saved the bag layout and tried on several characters.

EDIT2: Upon further playing with the Bags, Can pretty much set the bags up any way you like it.

Want 1 HUGE bag? Hit the Edit button on Bag1, drag all slots from other 5/6 bags into Bag1 panel,

unclick Edit button, viola, 1 HUGE bag.

Thanks, Chromite!

In my case I was alt-tabbing from fullscreen to desktop a lot, that might've been my problem.

Spiteful, if you get a chance, try that and see if it derps for you, OK?  

Tried several Alt/Tab to desktop as well as Alt/Enter to windowed and no issues. I didn't try it before I had the log out issue stop, so it's possible that leaving the bit of room on the drag bar side fixes this also.

EDIT: I seem to have fixed it. I think it was reverting to the 4x4 bag size because i wasn't stretching the right side of the bag panel quite enough, only allowing for minimum interior right side spacing to get it to 5x3. I streetched it about 1more pixel I am guessing and the bags now seem to be staying at 5x3. Saved the bag layout and tried on several characters.

I think this may fix the issue for most. Like I said I had the issue once the first time testing for this and since then I haven't been able to recreate it, the bags stay fine how I want them, in any size I want them. After reading this I looked closer this morning and did see that I had indeed left just a bit more room on the drag bar side, just a pixel or 2. I'd suggest trying that.