LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

What would you change in ESO?

First thing, an open auction house. I don't understand the purpose guild AH's, it's just spawning huge guilds with the sole purpose of selling items. It's too closed, too easy to abuse and manipulate, and does nothing to create an over all game economy.

They have crafting half right. You can draw from your vault when crafting items, but can't deposit into your vault. I would like to see it more like GW2's. You can withdraw or deposit from any crafting station and I would also like to see all crafting materials have their own unique slots like in GW2 for 1 stack. And please allow us to craft more than 1 item at a time, I'm wearing out my R key!. Nodes also should be unique to each character so no competing over resources.

In game voice chat options. I know that's asking a lot since LOTRO is the only game I know of that has this option.

EDIT: I forgot, I would like to deposit crafting mats to my vault while in the open world, ala GW2. I spend way too much time alt swapping to clear bags.

In game voice chat options. I know that's asking a lot since LOTRO is the only game I know of that has this option.

WoW has in-game voice chat, as do several other MMOs. For a while it was the "Big New Feature" for MMOs to have, as they tried to compete with TS and Ventrilo. Ultimately, it failed, and no few new games include the feature. It simply takes too many resources to implement and upkeep, when most will still use Teamspeak, Ventrilo or Mumble instead.

I'd change:

- The company ethics of charging people for extra content, despite the need for a sub.

- The lack of a Lifetime option

- The loss of control after jumping

That's about it.

What did you not like about it, Troll?

Maybe I'm just too old-school of an MMO player, but it felt like they were trying too hard to reinvent the wheel. I don't mind action combat type mechanics, but ESO's combat felt like a bad version of what they have in Neverwinter, and I didn't like how that played much, either. Too much swinging around trying to hit things, especially when other players are around, which often led to said other players killing things before I could get in a hit or two.

All in all, it felt too complicated and messy for me. I much more enjoy the action combat in TSW or Wildstar, or the old-school MMO combat in Rift.

First thing I'd do is instance the public dungeons simply as a way to stop the bots camping every boss I've come across, stopping me getting a single hit.

I'd have 3 other inv bags, one for provisioning, one for alchemy and one for enchanting.

I'd give some sort of reward every time all the dark anchors on one map are completed, thought it was a bit of a let down when I got the final one tonight on Glenumbra

I'd make it so that when guild players are grouped, we can see in the guild option who relates to what handle, as everyone is referred to by their @xxxxxxx name in guild chat and the guild page, inviting 10 guild mates to go PvP and finding that the screen displays their characters name, means I haven't got a clue as to who half the people are.

I would allow one (or two if you have the ability for two) research item to be queued up so that when one finishes and your at work or whatever, the next one kicks off.

I would put proper sort and search options on the guild banks so I can simply look for say aspect runes.

I would put in the option to let us reply to in game mail rather than as it is now, having to type in one from scratch making saying thanks etc to guild mates or whoever a right pain.

I would hold a urgent meeting and explain the need for proper communication and explain to the staff that most people threatening to unsub on the forums due to certain bugs, probably wouldn't be so pissed off if only they had kept their customers informed instead of making them feel like they're forgotten about.

I would give the first few respecs for free or maybe first free, second 500 G etc but resets back to zero every few weeks.

I would allow undockable chat tabs so that in PvP I can have one chat tab visible for zone, and another visible at the same time for my guild.

I'm undecided about the AH, definitely not the sort Lotro had, the sort GW2 has would work very well. Still want to give it a bit more time with the current system, for most people, they join a guild, give mats free to their guild mates etc and are one guild people. If they do ever give us an AH, it will make the other 4 guilds and their guild stores pretty redundant although my guild will happily use all 5 guilds just to give us extra guild bank space if that did happen (we already have used one of the other 4 guilds exactly for this.

Personally don't see the need for in game voice, we use Mumble and on Lotro we paid for vent rather than use their in game voice.

Not sure what you mean by nodes being unique to each character, are you saying that if you and I both travel to wherever, all nodes spawned there should be loot able by both of us, we can walk up to a rune and both harvest it? If so I totally disagree and don't recall ever seeing this on any game I've played.

There's far far far more crafting nodes in any given area for this game than any other I can think of, if you got say the HarvestMap addon that maps out the nodes as you discover them, it soon becomes apparent how many there are and it soon gets to the point of wanting to turn the addon off as there's so many many many nodes put on your map.

If we weren't competing it would be too easy and quick to max out. I filed a possible bug report for provisioning as it's so easy and quick to get to level 50 that it can't be working as intended. That is why I have also taken up enchanting as I wanted to initially do two crafts, one being woodwork and was looking forward to them not being a simple 2 week exercise to max out.

I had 132 round runes today (and loads more of the other 2) and that took quite a few days to get and my enchanting was level 8 1/4. After I had run out of round runes and deconed what I made and also use any runes from that, I had risen to 9 3/4. I'm happy with that, I don't want to complete everything in the first month.

However they need to stop the farming bots that are teleporting from node to node.

I also agree that we should be able to craft a stack at a time rather than sitting there pressing R, it's not like we have to do anything such as in EQ2 , it simply wears out our R key.

I don't want to be able to deposit into my vault from anywhere, it would really mean the bank is extra inv space rather than a separate bank. Although I totally understand why this would be useful, I feel it would speed up crafting too much, especially as we could be in the field on one char, store crafting mats etc in our bank, then log in an alt at a crafting station that would have direct access.

I am in two minds about name plates, sure give us the option, but it will be an unusable mess in certain places especially PvP. But if they won't give the option, they need to give us something so that we know if friends and guild mates are nearby,

Maybe have a green arrow over all guildmates and white if they are in my group, and blue arrow over friends? I use an addon called Rainbow Reticle

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info118-RainbowReticle.html

That isn't perfect, but it shows friends, guild mates etc names right on the mouse target, so I could be moving around in the bank, see a flash of green and realise a guild member is in there and moving the mouse quickly soon finds them.

I'm sure I could think of a few other things, how about instanced group dungeons in Cyrodiil (rather than public) where the mob difficulty scales to however many people are in the group, say a default level for 4 players, then going up a bit for 6, 8 10 and 12, would be nice to do some large group PvE stuff as we work our way towards end level.

And while I hated it at first, I now think the ESO combat system is superb, for example, tonight 4 of us ran spindle, being able to kill one npc healer then instantly skip over two mobs to the next healer, it's much much better and more realistic in my opinion than hitting tab until the next healer is targeted

I am loving ESO, once they get a few more bugs and the bots under control, I will love it even more.

^Your post above pretty much sums up my suggestions Glump.

Perhaps with the exception of implementing a GW2 style worldwide AH - that would just trivialise the pricing of goods due to the nature of the Megaserver.

I am thinking more along the lines of implementing Guild Stores in the various capital towns?  That way it would keep the pricing at a competitive, yet not trivialised, level due to less players having access to the store at a single time.

*Edit* - there is a nifty little add-on that adds a search feature to the Guild Store - available for download here

I'm undecided about the AH, definitely not the sort Lotro had, the sort GW2 has would work very well. Still want to give it a bit more time with the current system, for most people, they join a guild, give mats free to their guild mates etc and are one guild people. If they do ever give us an AH, it will make the other 4 guilds and their guild stores pretty redundant although my guild will happily use all 5 guilds just to give us extra guild bank space if that did happen (we already have used one of the other 4 guilds exactly for this.

Personally don't see the need for in game voice, we use Mumble and on Lotro we paid for vent rather than use their in game voice.

Not sure what you mean by nodes being unique to each character, are you saying that if you and I both travel to wherever, all nodes spawned there should be loot able by both of us, we can walk up to a rune and both harvest it? If so I totally disagree and don't recall ever seeing this on any game I've played.

You played GW2 and didn't notice that all nodes are unique to you?

In game voice is a must in a game where you are pugging, I was thinking mainly for PvP, groups could be much better coordinated, works very well in LOTRO.

^Your post above pretty much sums up my suggestions Glump.

Perhaps with the exception of implementing a GW2 style worldwide AH - that would just trivialise the pricing of goods due to the nature of the Megaserver.

I am thinking more along the lines of implementing Guild Stores in the various capital towns?  That way it would keep the pricing at a competitive, yet not trivialised, level due to less players having access to the store at a single time.

*Edit* - there is a nifty little add-on that adds a search feature to the Guild Store - available for download here

Why would it be any different? GW2's TP is a mega-server, all servers share the same TP, always have.

GW2 has much fewer crafting nodes.

I didn't notice to be honest but I didn't play it for very long.

I am thinking more along the lines of implementing Guild Stores in the various capital towns? That way it would keep the pricing at a competitive, yet not trivialised, level due to less players having access to the store at a single time.

Yep I think that's a great idea

GW2 has much fewer crafting nodes.

I didn't notice to be honest but I didn't play it for very long.

Yep I think that's a great idea

I haven't seen where ESO has more nodes than GW2 or any other game, maybe more variety, we are talking nodes here, not crates, baskets, bottles, desks, cabinets, wardrobes, etc etc etc ad nauseum..........I sometimes wonder how I can be trusted at all to be the savior of Tamriel when I'm rummaging through everyone's drawers like an unwanted house guest! :P

GW2 has only ore, wood, and food items as nodes, but they are very plentiful.

I believe they will be releasing a'justice' system in a future update.

Don't know what form that will take, but the days of us unscrupulously rummaging through every barrel and nightstand may become a little more tricky at some point :P

I know that this won't happen because of the drive to add consoles to the game, but I'd really like the ability to lock my 3rd party POV reference point and for the A and D keys to actually turn my toon (and POV) rather than strafe one way or the other...

The dungeon farming is indeed very lame.

I'd like an AH too, but I guess that's the backside of Megaservers, there'd be too much action on one single auction house?

add-ons can probably fix it, but I think the UI is really bad :/

The dungeon farming is indeed very lame.

I'd like an AH too, but I guess that's the backside of Megaservers, there'd be too much action on one single auction house?

add-ons can probably fix it, but I think the UI is really bad :/

GW2 seems to manage very nicely, their AH includes all servers. Now I'm not sure if NA and EU have separate AH's, but I assume so.

Purely Cosmetics!

I hate the fact that most of the time everyone's armour looks exactly the same everywhere you go. That is a real let down in comparison to games like Lotro and Rift. 

Also the horses look awful in my honest opinion. They look like they were made out of clay by a 3 year old child who got bored half way through. Again, in comparison to other games the horses look so poor it hurts. 

Maybe I'm just too old-school of an MMO player, but it felt like they were trying too hard to reinvent the wheel. I don't mind action combat type mechanics, but ESO's combat felt like a bad version of what they have in Neverwinter, and I didn't like how that played much, either. Too much swinging around trying to hit things, especially when other players are around, which often led to said other players killing things before I could get in a hit or two.

All in all, it felt too complicated and messy for me. I much more enjoy the action combat in TSW or Wildstar, or the old-school MMO combat in Rift.

My sentiments exactly, it just feels like you're flailing around hoping to hit something, I don't like it at all.

Another thing I would change is the UI, it's just not mmo friendly, simple things like running around and checking your inventory or your skill list etc while running somewhere are almost impossible because when you open them they don't come up in a box on the screen, they fade the screen out and you can't control your character while looking at them. You have a choice of standing still while you take a quick look or running headlong without control while you have them open.#

Another thing, as said a couple of posts up, everybody looks the same, there's not much variety and what's worse not only do we all look the same as each other we all look the same as the npc's too, coupled with all the name plate issues it makes it hard to see who is who and what is what.

ESO, please add veteran Provisioning drops to VR+ areas. It's rather stupid that ore, wood, cloth, leather, alchemy, and enchanting nodes and drops scale up, but provisioning drops remain exactly the same.

I agree with all points above.

Personally, I'd like inventory bags to be cheaper. I'm running out of space all the time and it takes me ages to be able to afford an upgrade.

Snippet about upcoming VR changes below:

Veteran System Changes Preview

49395df48196743646a2d0077bce6093.pngZOS_JessicaFolsom admin

July 3 edited July 3 in Developer Discussions Staff Post

Hi everyone,

One of the topics we frequently get feedback on is ESO’s Veteran content. Some of you may have seen our recent comments about changes we have in store for ESO’s post-50 experience. We want you to know we’ve been listening to your suggestions and concerns, but more importantly, we want to tell you what we’re doing about them. Today, we have an update from the ESO Dev Team to share with you.

Some of the concerns you’ve called out are: Veteran content is too much of a departure from the level 1 to 50 experience, playing and leveling through it is too much of a grind, and that the rewards you get don’t match the effort you have to put in to progress.

One of the guiding principles of our Veteran gameplay was to encourage you (not force you) to group. We wanted you to be able to reach max level by playing solo if you wished, but still encourage you to group with others along the way. This principle was the reason we made our post-50 zones more difficult; we wanted you to get together with others to take on tougher challenges and form social bonds while you did so. But we understand that, despite our vision, this is not how all our players want to experience the game beyond level 50.

We recognize that many of you love the game you played while leveling up, and that you feel the post-50 zones are too much of a departure from that experience. We hear your requests to continue participating in solo content as you progress through Veteran Ranks, and we’re acting on that feedback.

Starting next week on Monday, July 7th, you’ll see the first significant change we’re making to the Veteran System. We’re implementing some balance changes to content in post-50 zones that will make it much more like the content from levels 1-50. Our goal is to remove the feeling of “I have just hit a wall of difficulty” that many of you have expressed—you’ll be able to solo much more easily. This is just the first of many large-scale changes coming to ESO’s Veteran System, and we encourage you to watch our QuakeCon panel on Friday, July 17th, where we’ll go into much more detail about the other parts.

Thank you for sticking with us, sharing your concerns, and supporting a game we all love.

I never want them to nerf content, but as a VR5 the vet content can be a bit too much. It's rather humbling after 50 levels of learning and speccing out your class, soloing difficult bosses, to then get your ass handed to you the first time you try and take on 3 normal mobs at once. More than once I said screw vet content until they fix it only to return to my much loved DK and toughed it out, adapt and overcome. I just hope it's not too much of a nerf.

I never want them to nerf content, but as a VR5 the vet content can be a bit too much. It's rather humbling after 50 levels of learning and speccing out your class, soloing difficult bosses, to then get your ass handed to you the first time you try and take on 3 normal mobs at once. More than once I said screw vet content until they fix it only to return to my much loved DK and toughed it out, adapt and overcome. I just hope it's not too much of a nerf.

Yeah, your first encounter with a group of 3 skeevers or mudcrabs in VR content can be rather daunting  :*)

I also hope it isn't too much of a nerf.

I'll reserve judgement until after we've seen whats released.

Much of the difficulty in VR content unfortunately means that very few builds become viable.

I was "lucky" on my DK, I didn't really realize how difficult the content was, because the build I was running with was "the right one", somwhere around VR6-7 I wanted to try out some different skills (already levelled up by using second bar handing in quests) and I was completely destroyed by mobs over and over again.

When I felt forced to switch back to the build I used lvl 1-VR6 just to make it through the content it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for the game.

I did hit the quest burnout wall at VR8 and I'm currently on a break from ESO. I'll probably come back, but probably not until the game becomes a little more of an MMO (what I mean by that is implementation of more traditional MMO stuff*)...

*Floaty names, some form of housing, better functionality of the layering system etc