LOTROCommunity

Player Council 2014 Formed

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fascinating.  I thought it was rather clear people disagreed with his disrespect of others.   You perhaps need to consider something from an outsider's perspective: not many of us will give a hoot w

Heh, so he picked people "able to be civil" where "civil" means "agrees entirely with Turbine" and naysayers are plain uncivilized?

Agreed. While I'm no fan of Rick Heaton, it says something about the general quality level of LOTRO that the #1 discussion point worth talking about here is a Community Manager, and not the game itsel

First, I said mostly. Second, I don't find that many of his posts all that bad.

So which is it, Fundin?  Was he IN your 'mostly' or wasn't he?  You seem to be pushing him out and then saying he's not that bad at the same time.  Your straddling a picket fence there.  

Does he make some good posts? Sure.  Has he trolled a great many people?  Yes.  Your inability or refusal to see acknowledge the way he has treated others with disrespect in countless posts is a little baffling to me, Fundin.  That's not the type of person I'd be standing up for.  There have been many examples linked on these forums discussing his style.  

------------------------------------------ 

I feel bad for the players that dislike something in future Bullroarer or beta forum discussions (though it would seem there will be no need for any more beta forums?).  TheCrossbow will be more empowered than ever to rip each individual a new one with his arrogant verbosity, implying they perhaps just don't have the intelligence or maturity to understand the greatness of what is being served at their dinner table.

------------------------------------------- 

What surprises me even more is how many people seem excited about being on the PC or treat it as such an honor over there.  This game is an absolute shadow of its former self through Turbine/WB's mismanagement and the roadmap shows very clearly there are no plans to try for a return to greatness...or even mediocrity.

So which is it, Fundin?  Was he IN your 'mostly' or wasn't he?  You seem to be pushing him out and then saying he's not that bad at the same time.  Your straddling a picket fence there.  

Does he make some good posts? Sure.  Has he trolled a great many people?  Yes.  Your inability or refusal to see acknowledge the way he has treated others with disrespect in countless posts is a little baffling to me, Fundin.  That's not the type of person I'd be standing up for.  There have been many examples linked on these forums discussing his style.  

------------------------------------------ 

I feel bad for the players that dislike something in future Bullroarer or beta forum discussions (though it would seem there will be no need for any more beta forums?).  TheCrossbow will be more empowered than ever to rip each individual a new one with his arrogant verbosity, implying they perhaps just don't have the intelligence or maturity to understand the greatness of what is being served at their dinner table.

------------------------------------------- 

What surprises me even more is how many people seem excited about being on the PC or treat it as such an honor over there.  This game is an absolute shadow of its former self through Turbine/WB's mismanagement and the roadmap shows very clearly there are no plans to try for a return to greatness...or even mediocrity.

I've seen some of the posts discussing his style. Mostly it looks like people disgree with his opinion. However, trolling won't be acceptable on the PC forums.

Fascinating.  I thought it was rather clear people disagreed with his disrespect of others.

You perhaps need to consider something from an outsider's perspective: not many of us will give a hoot whether or not he can troll on the PC forums or if anybody did in the past year because we were never there.  People being allowed access to the PC, being given privileged information, and then allowed to go after others on the beta or official forums is the issue.

I see TheCrossbows inclusion on the Council as a tacit acknowledgment by Sapience that Crossbow's brand of incendiary posting is accepted by him and Turbine's Customer Service.

Having been through the list I've come to the conclusion that the PC14 is not a focus group but a reward scheme for the select few. It's the equivalent of those exec lounges that airlines put on their their "premier" customers, whereas having access to those lounges does not make the plan fly faster or reduce the risk of death should it crash, the PC will be just as ineffective and as a result won't make the slightest bit of difference to what we the rest of their customers get over the course of the next 12 months - more cosmetic pets, regions smaller than an under-fives football pitch, epic books that finish within 30 mins of starting it etc etc. It's all about having the forum label and the ability to be all uppish with the rifraff. And woe betide if the plebs start to question the PC member's right to lord it over everyone else - there's always Sap with the ban hammer to put things in order.

Still, going to be fun to see TheCrossbow be even more rude and downright patronising to those who have the temerity to not agree with him. Kind of feel sorry for Nymph & Beannie already.

• Upvote 2

Not to derail, but I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this person's ability to be on the PC?

You didn't read the leaked letter from his cult quoting him where someone was expelled for following doctors advice I found while Googling him and the comments surrounding it.

I certainly don't think he's suitable and the more I read the more I think that. I am gobsmacked about how little I really knew about someone I thought a close friend.

If he tries that on the regular forums, I hope people will report him each and every time.

Having been through the list I've come to the conclusion that the PC14 is not a focus group but a reward scheme for the select few. It's the equivalent of those exec lounges that airlines put on their their "premier" customers, whereas having access to those lounges does not make the plan fly faster or reduce the risk of death should it crash, the PC will be just as ineffective and as a result won't make the slightest bit of difference to what we the rest of their customers get over the course of the next 12 months - more cosmetic pets, regions smaller than an under-fives football pitch, epic books that finish within 30 mins of starting it etc etc. It's all about having the forum label and the ability to be all uppish with the rifraff. And woe betide if the plebs start to question the PC member's right to lord it over everyone else - there's always Sap with the ban hammer to put things in order.

Still, going to be fun to see TheCrossbow be even more rude and downright patronising to those who have the temerity to not agree with him. Kind of feel sorry for Nymph & Beannie already.

If you thought he was bad just think how he will be now that his ego is inflated by making the PC.

It's hard to say he's rude.  Because he does everything in his posts to follow the CG's.  And from what I have seen he doesn't attempt to derail threads that may be heading in a negative direction.

Unlike Nymphonic.

Evidence: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?547236-Update-13-feels-different&p=7150795#post7150795

He just disagree with people and then rips apart their posts sentence by sentence in order to make them look stupid. 

Which is even worse than being a troll or rude.  

Come on people.  Some of the names on that PC14 list are the ones who can not survive on the O boards without getting the last word.

I think in that thread, Nymph missed the OP's point completely.  Maybe he hasn't made it that far in the game yet.

I was happy to see Beanie still being Beanie in that thread, though...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?547236-Update-13-feels-different&s=7304489bb585011117169849c89f4d3b&p=7150807#post7150807

I'm glad Beanie is on the council.

I think Beanie might be able to hold her own against Crossbow and Frick.

I think in that thread, Nymph missed the OP's point completely.  Maybe he hasn't made it that far in the game yet.

I was happy to see Beanie still being Beanie in that thread, though...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?547236-Update-13-feels-different&s=7304489bb585011117169849c89f4d3b&p=7150807#post7150807

I'm glad Beanie is on the council.

I think Beanie might be able to hold her own against Crossbow and Frick.

Well she's replying to Mrs. ODP so it's a slam dunk.  And her post is similar to Nymphs, where she misses the point that the zone feel unfinished.

I will admit Beanie is one of the many people in the Lotro community I still have respect for, only because she still fights for decent gameplay on the O board.   There aren't too many posters left there that can actually make a good argument.  She is one.

While the others are quite content with what they get no matter how small it is, and everyone or anyone who voices a concern about it is a malcontent.

This post sums up my opinion

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?547236-Update-13-feels-different&p=7150885#post7150885

This part was telling:

"The 18 hour cooldown on main quest line is ridiculous way of artificially extending the content, making it last couple of weeks instead of a day."

Then Glumps "buddy"  Comes into the thread thinking Lotro is going to get a great river sized update.

I think we have derailed the thread enough I'll stop pointing out other inconsistencies. 

If he tries that on the regular forums, I hope people will report him each and every time.

IF?  Even I in my limited time on the official forums saw this from him times beyond count.  I reported a number of his more severely insulting posts.  He's on the PC now.  

Fascinating.  I thought it was rather clear people disagreed with his disrespect of others.

You perhaps need to consider something from an outsider's perspective: not many of us will give a hoot whether or not he can troll on the PC forums or if anybody did in the past year because we were never there.  People being allowed access to the PC, being given privileged information, and then allowed to go after others on the beta or official forums is the issue.

I see TheCrossbows inclusion on the Council as a tacit acknowledgment by Sapience that Crossbow's brand of incendiary posting is accepted by him and Turbine's Customer Service.

I think you're right.  

After Sapience started using the word "bluntness" to describe his antagonistic word choices, I noticed that Crossbow started to preface his posts with things like "excuse me for being blunt" and then go off on a vicious takedown of other people's opinions.

He was modeling himself after his mentor.  

The biggest irony and injustice of it all is that someone like Crossbow and his "bluntness" gets the green light from Rick Heaton while someone far more useful (Hytbold guide wtf), moderate, and polite like Fredelas is permabanned. If the rules were actually applied fairly, the former would have been banned a while ago for baiting at minimum.

Being the "glass-half-full" man that I am, now that Crossbow and Frickinmuck are in the PC with luck they'll be spending all their time on that forum - because of course they'll be in the company of those that "matter". If Beannie can keep them both locked down in a forum-version of trench warfare, those of us who peruse the OF may well be spared CB's "excuse me for being blunt but I'm a twat" outbursts.

Fascinating. I thought it was rather clear people disagreed with his disrespect of others.

You perhaps need to consider something from an outsider's perspective: not many of us will give a hoot whether or not he can troll on the PC forums or if anybody did in the past year because we were never there. People being allowed access to the PC, being given privileged information, and then allowed to go after others on the beta or official forums is the issue.

I will also admit I don't read every post the TheCrossbow (nor anyone else) so could have missed some bad ones. However, what I have read is not all bad.

Report him or anyone else that you feel breaks the rules, including details of what is wrong.

I will also admit I don't read every post the TheCrossbow (nor anyone else) so could have missed some bad ones. However, what I have read is not all bad.

Report him or anyone else that you feel breaks the rules, including details of what is wrong.

Yep, and nothing will be done to him, but if reported to many times for misbehavior, I expect the person making the reports will catch an infraction for "harassment". This is how Rick Heaton handles the forums.

• Upvote 2

Type "fricking definition" in google and expand google's definition at the top to see what it means:

Fucking

Frigging

Search other sources too.

Turbine selectively apply their rules.

Lotro is supposed to be a family game yet Turbine are quite happy to endorse a player with a swear word name.

Fundin you are very naive if you think Turbine apply the rules to all objectively.

• Upvote 3

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts in the new player council threads yet. Is there a list that shows which server each new PC member is from?

Don't think so. Sapience said they weren't doing it that way any more because it made it seem like they were representatives of servers, which they aren't, and, because all servers play the same game, it didn't matter. Or some such bullshit excuse.

Don't think so. Sapience said they weren't doing it that way any more because it made it seem like they were representatives of servers, which they aren't, and, because all servers play the same game, it didn't matter. Or some such bullshit excuse.

Hmmm....well situation normal then.

The reason I asked is because none of the names on the list were recognizable to me from my main server and no one on glff claimed to know who our 'rep' was on the list either. Made me wonder if some servers were just ignored this time around.

Hmmm....well situation normal then.

The reason I asked is because none of the names on the list were recognizable to me from my main server and no one on glff claimed to know who our 'rep' was on the list either. Made me wonder if some servers were just ignored this time around.

I believe this time around they gave out forum handles rather than in game names.

I believe this time around they gave out forum handles rather than in game names.

Well that would make it less blatant if they chose to neglect some of the lower populated servers entirely. Not that it matters since the PC doesn't really represent anyone. I was just curious.

The PC members were never meant to represent servers. I'm sure Sapience is sorry he ever mentioned that is was a coincidence that there was at least one person from each server for the first council. Not only that, glff doesn't necessarily tell you all that much about a player. I'm not sure anyone on Brandywine knew who I was, beyond people in my kin and a few others. If you want to get in touch with a PC member, send them a PM on the forums or make a suggestion in the suggestion (or other appropriate) forum.