LOTROCommunity

Discuss the new Player Council

I'm pretty sure the other kinmate is a poster here.  I'm not positive so I won't name names, plus I'm bad at names anyway.

If it's who I think it is, I'm sure we'll hear something from them eventually.

There's a number of kinmates that lurk here.. I wasn't too sure if most posted here or not.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some members on the Player Council can, yes.  Take the Skill/Trait trees in Helm's Derp beta for example.  Many of the ones trumpeting everything about them were on the Player Council and were brow-be

I think Darmokk is basically right. The Players Council wasn't the failsafe against the disaster that came to pass. That was the management's job. And they failed, utterly. The only way to preve

Furtim. What a self-important moron. He had nothing - NOTHING - to do with the class changes as a member of the PC. Nobody did! Even after Beta started, there was zero done about classes in the PC for

Belnavar was one of the worst on the Helm's Deep beta forums.  I think he got so bad that a kinmate of his either quit his kin or was kicked out.  (I dunno which).  That kinmate was also on the HD beta forums and would get into rather heated posts in the threads discussing the trait trees.

I am very sad to see his name on the list because most of this ideas and suggestions were horrible.

frickinmuck being on the list was a no brainer.  If ever there was someone who could spray vocal diarrhea in a thread and drag it out, that'd be him.  While he did a good job transcribing what was discussed in the livestreams, he has pretty horrible ideas in most posts I've seen.

Nymphonic and TheCrossbow... ehh no opinion really.

Seeing that kickman was invited back is another bad idea.  There wasn't much I agreed about from him in Helm's Deep beta either.

I am very happy to see Beaniemooch and jillymala on the list, though.  I agree with both of them quite often.

Agreed on Bel. It's partly due to them as to why i gave up on Beta testing, Horrible experience. Also agree on Frickenmuck.

Not really sure what Nymp. will bring to the council - he's quite happy with things as they are and I don't think either way will have many opinions on things outside his purview.

Of course having a bunch of known irrational people on the PC has a risk to it.

Turbine might make a honest mistake with something that a good PC could actually catch in time but now they have people on there who would cheer the change on regardless of what it is is.

That could cost Turbine real money.

He gets heated, sure, but I want passionate players on the council, even if I disagree with their views. Some of the people selected this year hold views I disagree with strongly.

I don't recall the kinmate in question. If you felt comfortable sharing who. I could dig-back into my records and see if it was discussed in our /glff or elsewhere at the time.  A number of players left because of the HD beta. Not necessarily due to interactions with a specific player but because of Turbines general attitude. If you were going to take off for something new. That was the best time to do it.

Belnavar at least, tried to give supporting opinions for his views and feedback. Acknowledged the concerns of people who said there were problems. Didn't get on my case or anyone elses that I recall for trying to rail somewhat against the dying of the light even though we knew it would be ultimately futile.

I can think of PC members who didn't have exemplary behavior in the HD beta forum. And to be clear. I don't mean that I disagreed with their views strongly.

I recall those conversations. At one point I even posted asking the one on the receiving end of the abuse why he was taking it and he just responded along the lines that they always talk like that to each other. Unbelievable really.

Agreed on Bel. It's partly due to them as to why i gave up on Beta testing, Horrible experience. Also agree on Frickenmuck.

Not really sure what Nymp. will bring to the council - he's quite happy with things as they are and I don't think either way will have many opinions on things outside his purview.

WRT Nymph - they have to have the completely worthless casual rose smeller crowd covered b/c that is like 90% of what the game is now.

I recall those conversations. At one point I even posted asking the one on the receiving end of the abuse why he was taking it and he just responded along the lines that they always talk like that to each other. Unbelievable really.

Is that the same person who had info from personal emails posted on the HD forums?  Because that's the thing I remember taking the arguments to the next level.

Since this seems like a lovely forum for muckraking:

Yicky is a great person, and I think (with my help laying out how the exploit worked) was directly responsible for the admittedly flawed fix the the 'macro exploit' problem that had persisted for years and exploded with HD release.  I know he's also gone up to bat on a number of other major issues within the PvMP community.  That being said, as an almost everyday PvPer on E during the majority of the 2013 council's tenure, Yicky flat out was not playing the game on live servers for the vast majority of 2013, which is problematic as I believe he didn't really have an accurate first hand view of what was taking place in-game and was more providing feedback and ideas based on information he got from friends.

Perhaps being on the PC will change this, but Snowlock is a VERY infrequent player, at least since I've been on Brandywine.  Like Yicky I think he's probably a good perspective and rep for PvMP, but again runs the risk of not bringing first hand experience to the table in dealing with a lot of the problems with that zone.

Final fun fact since most of you probably didn't see them before Sapience deleted the posts (which is also what prompted him to make that post in the thread).  A new member of the Players council was thrown out of the Palantir Program for NDA breaches a year or so ago, and I'm betting quite heavily that Sapience didn't even know until today. 

Belnavar was one of the worst on the Helm's Deep beta forums.  I think he got so bad that a kinmate of his either quit his kin or was kicked out.  (I dunno which).  That kinmate was also on the HD beta forums and would get into rather heated posts in the threads discussing the trait trees.

I am very sad to see his name on the list because most of this ideas and suggestions were horrible.

Yep, that was me as I explained in the other thread.

At that time there was really just Bel, me and one other officer left in the kin, I quit after he carried on in officer chat, the other officer quit soon after due to the way he treated me.

Be interesting to see how they get on with each other both being on the council

As we were (so I thought) very good friends, when he laid into me, I thought he was having a bad hair day (it shocked both me and the other officer who was also in beta), I wrongly presumed when I spoke to him in kin chat etc, it would be some silly misunderstanding and we would still be best of friends.

I wrote that in the beta forum out of politeness to someone I thought a friend so that he could save face.

Since this seems like a lovely forum for muckraking:

Yicky is a great person, and I think (with my help laying out how the exploit worked) was directly responsible for the admittedly flawed fix the the 'macro exploit' problem that had persisted for years and exploded with HD release.  I know he's also gone up to bat on a number of other major issues within the PvMP community.  That being said, as an almost everyday PvPer on E during the majority of the 2013 council's tenure, Yicky flat out was not playing the game on live servers for the vast majority of 2013, which is problematic as I believe he didn't really have an accurate first hand view of what was taking place in-game and was more providing feedback and ideas based on information he got from friends.

Perhaps being on the PC will change this, but Snowlock is a VERY infrequent player, at least since I've been on Brandywine.  Like Yicky I think he's probably a good perspective and rep for PvMP, but again runs the risk of not bringing first hand experience to the table in dealing with a lot of the problems with that zone.

Final fun fact since most of you probably didn't see them before Sapience deleted the posts (which is also what prompted him to make that post in the thread).  A new member of the Players council was thrown out of the Palantir Program for NDA breaches a year or so ago, and I'm betting quite heavily that Sapience didn't even know until today. 

Hey, spelunker. Welcome to our little corner of the interwebz.

Is that the same person who had info from personal emails posted on the HD forums? Because that's the thing I remember taking the arguments to the next level.

Yes.

A few times when I was being called a doom monger or hater for giving my opinion in the beta, I mistakenly tried to reason with these people by saying words to the effect of (can't remember exactly)

"I love Lotro, if I didn't care I wouldn't be here testing. My kin leader Belnavar has posted many posts on here and he has the complete opposite opinion of me, he loves all the changes. Just because we both have completely different opinions doesn't mean we resort to calling each other names, we are best of friends, group up regularly but can have different opinions and be civil"

Was probably worded differently, I was simply trying to show those that slagged me off as someone with no real interest, that I had no problems with people that liked the changes.

In officer chat, Bel accused me of using his name on numerous occasions to try and back up my argument. Can't remember how many times I used his name to try and show some idiots I had nothing against those that liked the changes, I don't think it was more than 3 or 4 times.

I tried to explain this to bel but he wouldn't have it, he was convinced I was in some way using his name to back up my opinion of the trait trees.

I apologised for using his name but did point out that only the previous night we had been grouped together and he could have simply requested I didn't do it again.

He got very strange and said all I do is complain about everything, and has hated grouping with me for the past year, which was odd as just a few months previously he persuaded me to purchase GW2 and join him there, where he formed a guild and made me an officer.

He was being completely irrational, I was recovering from a major operation and I had had enough as had the other kin officer.

I also think if some ex kin members are on here, you may find many have less than favourable opinions of him.

I'm still pissed off now, I can't believe someone I thought a close friend for many years can act like that.

Between me leaving and the other officer leaving, bel said to the other officer words along the lines that as the kins dead, he's moving some of his characters to another more active kin and she was welcome to move if she wanted. He had already arranged with the other kin leader to do this with zero discussion with her (or me before I left)

That makes me wonder whether the real reason he acted so weird was that he was looking for an excuse to move his characters to the other kin, who knows.

I'd like to welcome one of my favorite players/posters to the forum.    Spelunker.

With the overall direction of what little is left of the game, now that I rethink, those names on that list make more sense.

At least they are assured to never hear any bitching!

I'm pretty sure the other kinmate is a poster here.  I'm not positive so I won't name names, plus I'm bad at names anyway.

If it's who I think it is, I'm sure we'll hear something from them eventually.

Doro? lol

Hey @Doro

I found a forum avatar for you I think will work well

What-the-Dickens-Scrooge-211109.pjpeg_.j

Coincidentally I'm also sending a similar one to the Old Dirty Programmer, but for much different reasons lol.

tumblr_lgf3pgDzLT1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

The only interesting thing about that list is the guy who spammed Suggestions for years for a Beorning class is on the 2014PC. I'm calling flying mounts for 2015 lol.

Other than that, there are enough bootlickers there to ensure reasonable posters like Beanie get drowned out.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_lgf3pgDzLT1qh4nf6o1_400.gif

I reached that point today, after Sapience same out with his "real silent majority" post.

There is so much good Tolkien out there, books and audio plays, that for me spending any more time in Turbine's version is wasting time much better spent elsewhere.

Possibly.

Turbine already announced their masterplan for 2014 & 2015, so things are pretty much set in stone already. Council or no council.

Pretty sure crossblow and the other minions will be too busy getting off on having a shiny forum tag which will boost their egos into whole new dimensions.

/Edit:

Still dying to hear any of the changes/ideas the former council members were able to get into the game ... if they are allowed to tell us now that they're no longer part of the pc.

Turbine already announced their masterplan for 2014 & 2015, so things are pretty much set in stone already. Council or no council.

Pretty sure crossblow and the other minions will be too busy getting off on having a shiny forum tag which will boost their egos into whole new dimensions.

/Edit:

Still dying to hear any of the changes/ideas the former council members were able to get into the game ... if they are allowed to tell us now that they're no longer part of the pc.

There's a thread here about it. 2013 PC Members are no longer under the NDA regarding 2013 PC discussions save for things that are being carried over to 2014 PC.