LOTROCommunity

The new content is a clusterf**k

Elderban

I seem to have missed the part in ANY Tolkien book where a hourn follows you around handing out quests....where was that again..... ;)

It is in the same chapter where Sparky the Rune Keeper uses his electrical powers and two copper bowls as a makeshift defibrillator to save Stumpy the Dwarf's life.

That is the whole reason why he surrenders his hobbit present to the fellowship - and that present happens to be the hobby horse they need to get to NYC in time to remove the bomb from the glowing New Year's Eve ball.  The countdown to the New Year along with the detonation of the bomb is simply one of the most spine tingling accounts in all of literature and it classic Tolkien.

The hourn was briefly mentioned there - granted, the folks at Turbine filled out the back story somewhat. 

I seem to have missed the part in ANY Tolkien book where a hourn follows you around handing out quests....where was that again..... ;)

It's just after the chapter where it has the whole story of how uber powerful Angmar and Carn Dum were at the end of the 3rd Age - you know, the entire lore break that was SoA.

Just after the part where a Man/Elf/Hobbit/FatStinkyDorf arrives before the Battle of Helms Deep to tell Aragorn the Grey Company is somewhere very close-by, only to have Aragorn promptly forget/ignore that, nearly miss them, and then feign total surprise when they show up after the battle.

It is in the same chapter where Sparky the Rune Keeper uses his electrical powers and two copper bowls as a makeshift defibrillator to save Stumpy the Dwarf's life.

That is the whole reason why he surrenders his hobbit present to the fellowship - and that present happens to be the hobby horse they need to get to NYC in time to remove the bomb from the glowing New Year's Eve ball.  The countdown to the New Year along with the detonation of the bomb is simply one of the most spine tingling accounts in all of literature and it classic Tolkien.

The hourn was briefly mentioned there - granted, the folks at Turbine filled out the back story somewhat. 

OMG, did you make up Sparky and Stumpy or is there a comic or something with them. If you made it up you should write little stories or make a comic if you can draw, featuring them.

I expect a years free subscription though to replace my keyboard that is now covered in coffee!

I did one round of quests in Entwood and then went back to levelling my burg, who promptly got stuck on the bugged imprisoned in Isengard Epic (v3 bk4 ch25). I then went and played Rift.

The least inspired region update I have ever seen.

NO, YOU TELL LIES! YOU SAID KINSHIPS WOULD BE REVAMPED SO I AM NOT TRUSTING YOUR WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!

WOOOT!

ENCORE!!

OMG, did you make up Sparky and Stumpy or is there a comic or something with them. If you made it up you should write little stories or make a comic if you can draw, featuring them.

I expect a years free subscription though to replace my keyboard that is now covered in coffee!

They are made up but the names are so obvious I'd be surprised if someone didn't already have a comic out there.

I used to make little stories and post them on the main forums but then I was banned.

:*)

The rewards are very limited, and even more-so if you're not into the cosmetic pets or can't make the gear work for you.

2 different Huron pets

3. Actually..

And there's some other pets that are almost certainly meant to be from hobnanigans coming..soon.

3. Actually..

And there's some other pets that are almost certainly meant to be from hobnanigans coming..soon.

There are other pets dropping from the Fangorn quests, or just adding other stuff to come as part of the overall rewards for HD in general. If Hobnanigans makes it in that is.

There are other pets dropping from the Fangorn quests, or just adding other stuff to come as part of the overall rewards for HD in general. If Hobnanigans makes it in that is.

There are 3 different Hurons.

As for chickens, we'll see how successful that was soon.

And they are single-use recipes that cost 400 leaves to purchase. No thanks. No jewelry is worth repeating quests 200 times for just for ONE piece.

Well it's actually 31 repeats for the second piece, less for the first because of the leaves you get for the intro quests. But your point stands, it is a grind fest.

HUORNS. HUORNS FFS. YOU PEOPLE. I EXPECT BETTER!

There are at least three Hurons, too.

Lake Huron

the Huron indigenous people (also known as the Wyandot)

Huron River

...and so forth.

I know Turbine is in Boston, noted racist city, but I can't imagine that even Turbine would allow us to have an indigenous person as a pet so I admit that I'm rather confused.

The Hurons killed our first peoples who landed here in the paradise for religious nutcases that got kicked out of old england for being too hardcore.

And apparently they killed all the sane ones so we are left with... :)