LOTROCommunity

Cast of Star Wars Episode VII Announced

"Return of the Jedi" was originally called "Revenge of the Jedi" so there is precedent.  I'm too lazy to check reaction across the net, but seriously, this is not making me at all interested in seeing it.

Even just "The Force Reawakens" would make more sense to me than that.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really? I think it looks good, more like an old school Star Wars film instead of that more recent tripe.

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

Some random, running commentary about that fan-docu thing while I watch it... Oooh, intro parts were a little cringe-worthy to me. Poetry slams! LARPing! Things I would never do, ouch. Sorry, I loved

But yeah, not sure how the Force can awaken when it's already awake, but maybe it means that the new movie will introduce a multitude of new force sensitives/users.  At the end of episode VI, Luke and Leia are the only known Force users left, correct?  Thus, a resurgence in the number of force users could be seen as an awakening.

What about all the Sith? They are on the darkside, but what they are using is still the Force.

What about all the Sith? They are on the darkside, but what they are using is still the Force.

What Sith are left at the end of Return of the Jedi?

I was under the impression that the Emperor and Vader were the last two, and they both died.  I could be wrong, though.

At the end of Return of the Jedi there are no Sith left. Yoda was clear that there is always 2 Sith, a master and an apprentice. Since both died so did the Sith, at least for now.

Perhaps Reawakening of the Sith would be better.

At the end of Return of the Jedi there are no Sith left. Yoda was clear that there is always 2 Sith, a master and an apprentice. Since both died so did the Sith, at least for now.

Not quite, according to the books there were more Sith after Sidious, as well as a return of Sidious (he had cloned bodies stored and was able to force his "spirit" into one to be reborn, during this period he swayed Luke to the dark side and Luke became Darth in his fathers place until he managed to break free and kill the Emperor a second time).

Something that isn't seen on the films and is quite heavy in some of the books was the fact that Sidious had kind of gotten rid of the one master one apprentice rule, he actually had multiple Sith trained assassins at his beck call named The Hands, Mara (the woman who Luke married eventually)and Lumiya were the most prominent (Lumiya was also Vaders secret apprentice) and Lumiya proclaimed herself Dark Lady (later Jacen Solo, Han/Leia's son and Vaders Grandson was her apprentice becoming Darth Caedus), Mara turned to the Jedi and became Mrs Skywalker and the others fought for the title of Dark Lord.

Vader also had multiple apprentices at various times. Galan Marek, Starkiller, Lumiya and Flint.

There was also A'Sharad Hett, a knight of the first Jedi order who survived order 66, overwhelemed nby the desire for revenge he decided to embrace the dark side in his bid to destroy the sith, he became Darth Krayt and formed his own Sith Empire ignoring Darth Bane's rule of two, recruiting and training hundreds of sith apprentices.

There is one bad guy from the prequels I would like to see more of Darth Maul

Sadly, his demise was somewhat unequivocal.

But a prequel story involving a bit of terrorizing of some lesser Jedi might be entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't honestly make my mind up.. I loved the shots of the X-WIngs skimming over the water but hated the guy who was doing the voice over and that stupid little rolling robot..

Also I have to admit that light sabre did look cool. 

I will go and see it whatever happens but I have this nagging feeling that it will not give me the same feeling as when I watch the original Star Wars all those years ago, however it can't be any worse then the 3 prequels.. can it?