LOTROCommunity

Cast of Star Wars Episode VII Announced

Belechannas

• 3 months later...

Second trailer released today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Well that was disappointing... and what's up with Vader's helmet? When he died, Luke took it apart to show his face. Now it's all put back together and warped?

That's the top/front part that Luke lifted off his head.

From the other scenes, it appears they visit the wreckage of the emperor's star destroyer from Return of the Jedi; thus the helmet is obviously burned from the ship exploding and/or entering the atmosphere of the planet.

Really? I think it looks good, more like an old school Star Wars film instead of that more recent tripe.

Yeh, I agree.  You guys obviously have different standards and tastes than I do.  I think these new movies have a chance to be what the Episodes 1-3 should have been.  There will be a few over-the-top and misplaced pieces, I'm sure.  I'm not sure what 'new' stuff they could have done with lightsabers to deviate from the old tried and true style.  Perhaps a variant on the power sources that produce a cold or crackling electric or flaming effect?  Artistically I think they could have come up with better, but seeing the Millennium Falcon and the X Wings in action with the new CGI looked excellent.  We'll see if they avoided Lucas' storytelling mistakes.

Well that was disappointing... and what's up with Vader's helmet? When he died, Luke took it apart to show his face. Now it's all put back together and warped?

Luke put Vader's helmet back on his body for his cremation. 

Darth-Vader-Pyre-Return-of-the-Jedi.jpg

So I guess the warped and distorted helmet is due to heat damage?

• Upvote 1

On second watching there are some interesting thing.

1) At 0:52 we see Luke handing over a Light Sabre and it looks like the one he was given by Ben in a New Hope, which came from Anakin, which was then lost in Cloud City.

2) At 1:12 there is a logo behind the Storm Troopers that is not the Empire logo.  It looks like the Black Sun logo.

3) At 1:20 there is a Chrome Trooper, perhaps this is the Inquisitor that we know is in the film, being played by Gwendoline Christie aka Brienne of Tarth.

Also the droid that looks like a football, BB-8, is not CGI, and the desert planet is not Tattoine, but is Jakku.

On second watching there are some interesting thing.

1) At 0:52 we see Luke handing over a Light Sabre and it looks like the one he was given by Ben in a New Hope, which came from Anakin, which was then lost in Cloud City.

2) At 1:12 there is a logo behind the Storm Troopers that is not the Empire logo.  It looks like the Black Sun logo.

3) At 1:20 there is a Chrome Trooper, perhaps this is the Inquisitor that we know is in the film, being played by Gwendoline Christie aka Brienne of Tarth.

Also the droid that looks like a football, BB-8, is not CGI, and the desert planet is not Tattoine, but is Jakku.

1) that is not Luke handing over the lightsabre to Leia...it's someone else (younger, without a mechanical hand)

From the other scenes, it appears they visit the wreckage of the emperor's star destroyer from Return of the Jedi; thus the helmet is obviously burned from the ship exploding and/or entering the atmosphere of the planet.

um..what? did you see Return of the Jedi?

:)

• Upvote 1

Nah, they burned it on a pyre... but his helmet was made of durasteel. It was resistant to temperatures that a fire puts out, so the fact that it's all deformed is strange.

1) that is not Luke handing over the lightsabre to Leia...it's someone else (younger, without a mechanical hand)

Who ever is handing it over is holding it their left hand, and Luke lost his right, so it is most likely Luke given what is being said at the same time.

Who ever is handing it over is holding it their left hand, and Luke lost his right, so it is most likely Luke given what is being said at the same time.

Does that sound like Hammill though? Given what is being said "My father has it", present tense, could it not be Lukes son? It doesn't sound exactly the same as the speech from Return of the Jedi to me, same lines but not exactly the same.

Does that sound like Hammill though? Given what is being said "My father has it", present tense, could it not be Lukes son? We know Luke has a son and daughter so the rest makes sense.

Possible, or it is just the line from Return of the Jedi being reused

When he says my father has it, it shows Vader's helmet.  When he says I have it, it shows what appears to be Luke with R2D2, and then when it say my sister has it you see the sabre being handed over.

This could mean it is Leia handing over the sabre to one of her children.

Also we dont know Luke has kids.  Disney have said only the 6 films are canon, nothing else counts any more.

I also suspect Ray may be the one getting the sabre.

Possible, or it is just the line from Return of the Jedi being reused

Hmm, just found it, it does sound the same, just with the extra line added at the end.

*I edited out the bit about knowing Luke has a daughter as I'm not sure that is true.

so it is most likely Luke given what is being said at the same time.

why? simply because Luke is talking? that's silly...it's clearly a female hand giving the lightsaber to Leia

not really worth arguing about i suppose, we'll find out come december :)

why? simply because Luke is talking? that's silly...it's clearly a female hand giving the lightsaber to Leia

not really worth arguing about i suppose, we'll find out come december :)

I doubt it is being given to Leia, it is more likely being given to Ray who I think will be the main Jedi of the next 3 films

not "given" to Leia, but definitely handed to her in that scene.

It is all still guessing, we will have to wait and see.  Not sure why Leia would be getting that sabre as surely she would have her own by now if she has become a Jedi., unless that is some kind of flashback to fill in the time between the two films. There is just not enough in the scene to say for sure who it is getting the sabre.

I still think that the person getting the sabre is not Leia but her daughter, most likely Ray.  Time will tell.