LOTROCommunity

Update 13.1 Patch notes

Laurinaohtar

Only, it's not working as it should. It still re-installs it every time I start the launcher.

This was WAI for DDO, see here:

But I thought they removed the requisite Netsession re-installation from the DDO installer, so this sounds like a clone of the earlier DDO launcher build or something...

(Starts around page 4 of that thread)

This was WAI for DDO, see here:

But I thought they removed the requisite Netsession re-installation from the DDO installer, so this sounds like a clone of the earlier DDO launcher build or something...

(Starts around page 4 of that thread)

Bug it and start a thread..

It would appear that the new client downloads quicker, at least.

Now if they could only fix the issue with it re-installing Netsessions every time I start the launcher.

It wasn't quicker for me. After 3 hours, it was still at 22% and the Bullroarer launcher crashed. Upon restarting, I got the dreaded "Unable to decrypt and deserialize the data" error. I uninstalled, restarted, and tried again overnight. When I woke up, it had crashed again and was giving the same error. I've tried again one more time, and it died at around 50% after 6 hours. I decided to just give up on Bullroarer.

The crappy HappyCloud version of the live client downloaded, installed, and patched completely in under 2 hours for me a couple weeks ago.

There are ways to find out.

Join us in Tulkas and Compendium Item Scanner utopia.

Utopia indeed.

Though, things aren't always what they appear. I really should get around to swapping my drive for the one that has BR installed..

Oh alrighty...em where's that? 

Start here:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info526-LOTRO_Compendium.html

&

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info699-ItemScanner-CompendiumExtension.html

If and when you run your 'scan' and your client locks up, give it a significant length of time (No less than 15m, but possibly longer!) to process all the data being sent. It has no sense of flow-control, and Turbine doesn't seem to have had any either when they wrote the game. You might even want to be extra polite and find and empty area to run it in (your housing instance..etc).

Remember there's no 'update scan' button. You've got to delete the data and start over if you want to do a new data refresh.

Outputting the data to any chat channel at any time is at your own risk. You've been warned. Seriously. You might not even be the ONLY person who gets in trouble for it (especially if you've changed the implementation to be less obvious about the item having been found by compendium)

Putting this extra warning in because people probably don't realize the magnitude of my warning above. I personally know people who've nearly lost their game account over posting things found from it even when it wasn't them posting it in the first place and they were talking about what was exposed to them 'in public' second hand.

I'm definitely not joking in these posts.

Putting this extra warning in because people probably don't realize the magnitude of my warning above. I personally know people who've nearly lost their game account over posting things found from it even when it wasn't them posting it in the first place and they were talking about what was exposed to them 'in public' second hand.

I'm definitely not joking in these posts.

Geez, sometimes it feels less like playing LOTR than living in North Korea. Except for the starving and death camps part, of course. Still...yikes.