LOTROCommunity

Kevin Spacey Duty?

Spacey is pretty fabulous and cutthroat in House Of Cards with the politics and whatnot.  I would assume that's how he got this gig.  Might be worth watching if you're that fascinated by this casting.

Look closer, they bumped certain elements in quality (like face of K.S. or a fire) but overally it's still not graphic quality of Crysis.  Nothing surprising as well - CoD is ultra mainstream shooter that has to run on as many clients as possible, while Crysis is gamified Crysis engine showoff ;p

ps. another good freedom vs bad rules bullshit :/

ps. another good freedom vs bad rules bullshit :/

I took it to mean the opposite. It seemed to me they were stating the idea of freedom is a farce and that a dictatorship is what humans really need.

Edit: looked it up and turns out that Spacey was supposed to be the bad guy... so I guess you're right. Probably not too much of a concern that I mistook him for the good guy, right? :P

I took it to mean the opposite. It seemed to me they were stating the idea of freedom is a farce and that a dictatorship is what humans really need.

Edit: looked it up and turns out that Spacey was supposed to be the bad guy... so I guess you're right. Probably not too much of a concern that I mistook him for the good guy, right? :P

I was rather referring to overemphasisining theoretical formal freedom, making it only thing that is important and putting it on opposite to every other values (which often are painted as bad as well), which I see in US made culture and which I am growing sick of a bit heh

I was rather referring to overemphasisining theoretical formal freedom, making it only thing that is important and putting it on opposite to every other values (which often are painted as bad as well), which I see in US made culture and which I am growing sick of a bit heh

It's a funny situation in the US. On the one hand, they've got various forms of media portraying freedom and all that jazz, but then they have the reality of the government doing anything they can to restrict freedom. I think the term 'double-think' applies.

I take it that was cutscene footage only. They say it was captured on an XBox One, but not that it is in-game footage, which makes a huge difference. It's all well and good to have Uncanny Valley Keyser Soze in your trailer, but that won't improve the gameplay one iota.

I wonder how long till we see a lot more big actors doing this sort of thing.

Hollywood actors in video games? Isn't that quite common now? Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean in Oblivion for example.

Hollywood actors in video games? Isn't that quite common now? Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean in Oblivion for example.

Not sure it it quite common, but I suspect in the next few years it will be very common. With better tech to capture the image of these actors and put them in game I can see them becoming the norm in big budget games. I also dont mean movie tie ins that many actors voice

Yeah I can see with motion capture and stuff characters that look like the actor may become more common. I believe CoD for example has had Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman voice characters in the past but I don't think any attempt was made to make them look like the actor.

It's still kinda creepy to me.

Next we'll have post mortem contractual commercial rights on one's likeness (do we have that now?).

I keep thinking of Dr.Who episodes The Library/Forest of the Dead now. :P

Next we'll have post mortem contractual commercial rights on one's likeness (do we have that now?).

Yeah I would say "creepy" doesn't even begin to cover it, lol.  The fact as Doro mentions that he might be "the good guy" is what I find most creepy about it frankly.  Given the way this is "staged" and banking on Kevin's immense popularity as a "creep" I have no doubt this title will sell like hotcakes under the premise of "we can now go kick ass under real leadership " :P

I recall the Creepy cgi Orville Redenbacher commercial after the guy was dead...yikes.

Yeah I would say "creepy" doesn't even begin to cover it, lol.  The fact as Doro mentions that he might be "the good guy" is what I find most creepy about it frankly.  Given the way this is "staged" and banking on Kevin's immense popularity as a "creep" I have no doubt this title will sell like hotcakes under the premise of "we can now go kick ass under real leadership " :P

You think this is creepy what till you get a load of the new star wars.   I got a feeling the force is dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Sean Bean in Oblivion? Have missed that completely. Does he die? Or does that only apply to movies?

Sean Bean in Oblivion? Have missed that completely. Does he die? Or does that only apply to movies?

How can you miss that? He's like the entire plot in physical form.

SPOILER

He sacrifices himself to turn into the massive golden dragon Akatosh to fight some Daedra lord (might be Molag Bal).