LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Leafblade

Star Citizen

I have this gut feeling that says people spending so many $$$'s on their shiny ships is going to attract a digusting mass of hackery, goldselling and what's not. The PU risks becoming a hellhole of hack users/bots

I hope CIG has what it takes to make a properly secure game.

As every new MMO there will be bots, and hackers, maybe even goldsellers, if they feel they can compete with CIG's prices.

That it is a B2P game might mitigate it some.

As every new MMO there will be bots, and hackers, maybe even goldsellers, if they feel they can compete with CIG's prices.

That it is a B2P game might mitigate it some.

And that people are throwing money at it like mad, has every greedy digital bastard who harvest from games on the planet looking at it.

Success comes at a price. This is part of that price.

And that people are throwing money at it like mad, has every greedy digital bastard who harvest from games on the planet looking at it.

Success comes at a price. This is part of that price.

Yup. 

Fighting with hacking, botting and RMT is very expensive (and often hard law-wise & technical wise).  Most important thing though is that majority of players does not seem to have those issues as their priority,  actually many players are themself using RMT (either unofficial or offical one).

Until really noticeable and significant amount of players will start to care about it and will be willing to pay significant amount of money to have game enviroment with very minimal bot, exploit, hack and RMT problems - until then companies won't even be interested at trying to figure out how to provide such enviroment.

As with Star Citizen -  I have a question why do you even care if there will be goldselling / other unofficial RMT?     After all officially you and you will be able after release spent $$$ to get ships and other in-game stuff.  So what diffrence it make that there will be other unofficial venue to do the same?

Yup.

Fighting with hacking, botting and RMT is very expensive (and often hard law-wise & technical wise). Most important thing though is that majority of players does not seem to have those issues as their priority, actually many players are themself using RMT (either unofficial or offical one).

Until really noticeable and significant amount of players will start to care about it and will be willing to pay significant amount of money to have game enviroment with very minimal bot, exploit, hack and RMT problems - until then companies won't even be interested at trying to figure out how to provide such enviroment.

As with Star Citizen - I have a question why do you even care if there will be goldselling / other unofficial RMT? After all officially you and you will be able after release spent $$$ to get ships and other in-game stuff. So what diffrence it make that there will be other unofficial venue to do the same?

In Star Citizen the unofficial goldselling will matter a lot less than in other games, but it still has a chance to disturb the economy of the game. RSI has said that there will be a max amount of ingame money a player can buy per day/week/month, which gives them atleast some degree of control over inflation. But afaik, nothing would stop someone having multiple accounts and buy the max on all and then transfer to their main.

In the end, if you dislike the whole RMT thing, I'm pretty sure there will be loads of private servers with no RMT, although not the same amount of players as in the PU ofc.

Lots of new stuff revealed during last nights livestream. Most notably; Arena Commander v1.0 is out, with lots of added ships and variants.

Mustang commercial:

Star Citizen Trailer (I think this is a modified version of the one in my previous post):

And after last nights ship sales, they have now passed $67M in funding.

Pax East presentation videos:

New damage model:

Aegis Retaliator:

They also showed a lot of the FPS module that is planned to be released in 2-3 weeks. Videos on monday (hopefully)

If anyone is interested to see what progress they have made, they will have a big presentation at gamescom that will be streamed.

Friday evening (local time, so CEST) around 8pm (not actually sure when the stream will start, but as I understand it the presentation starts at 8 )

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

The first iteration of the Social Module is now live and availible for all backers

Edited by vr00mie

Alpha 2.0 is now released. This is the first (small) step towards making the game in to the massive open world space sim that it's intended to become

And in case you missed the award winning browser based Star Map - I suggest checking it out, it's pretty cool

EDIT: It can be hard to get a feel for 2.0 from videos, so if you are interested, I would suggest checking out a streamer playing it live - http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Star%20Citizen