LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
PJ.

Codies DVD of LOTRO on Amazon

Still being sold via third party sellers on Marketplace, is there any point in telling Amazon or would they just say nothing to do with us?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acodemasters+lotro&keywords=codemasters+lotro&ie=UTF8&qid=1400189390

PJ

Probably just caveat emptor. I had reported a number of 3rd party bootleg, illegally sold DVDs on Amazon before, but those were never addressed. Also, someone gullible enough to buy that without doing the research is exactly the type of target audience Turbine wants, so win-win-win all around, right?

• Upvote 1

I would let Amazon know, then add a comment saying that they dont work. Hopefully anyone that would consider buying the game would look at the comments and not get conned.

• Upvote 1

What is much worse is Turbine (yes Turbine) is selling Rohan expansion on Amazon, and telling people the minimum requirements are:

• Processor: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.8GHz or AMD equivalent
  • Memory: 512 MB

There is no way you can play Rohan without problems on 512 MB ram.

They know this, but as usual no one at Turbine can be bothered to take the time to fix this. Forget that people will buy the game and be unable to play.

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Online-Quad-Download/dp/B00EUHVPKI/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1400267638&sr=1-1