LOTROCommunity

Post Mordor

Spiteful

I think it's hard to speculate what Mordor and the rest of Gondor will look like...but based on Update 14, I'm excited to see what the rest of Gondor will look like.

And while some on here may disagree, I think the landscapes throughout the game have been pretty amazing so I'm pretty confident that Turbine won't drop the ball on that one.

Post Mordor...I expect them to be continuing to "revamp" the older areas.

Post Mordor...I expect them to be continuing to "revamp" the older areas.

It will be interesting to see how long they can keep the game going. I think when they finally get to Mordor, they will think about shutting the game down.

I would not be surprised also if they company had major issues and they suddenly ended the game in the next year or so. They had layoffs, Lotro can't be doing very well, and IC majorly flopped. So I am not sure we will even get to Mordor.

Has there been further confirmation that IC flopped?

The game is generally panned by players. It has some major flaws, including lag which is not acceptable in a competitive MOBA. They went from a full scale huge room devoted to IC at a convention to nothing at all this year. They delayed the launch also (because they would have been laughed at launching a game in such a bad state). It flopped in terms of no one playing it. It's not a case where we have to wait and see, it literally failed to get players.

Of course, there is no word officially, and Turbine will never release any financials. What happened is about as far from success with the game as you could get, bar the game shutting down. Lastly, just like we saw in Lotro, so far the Turbine developers are unable to figure out how to get rid of game-killing lag in IC.