LOTROCommunity

When Lotro players dare to speak the truth ...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   First off I wont be posting here much, not because I dont like the site, in fact I love it, but I am now in full lotro purging mode, going cold turkey.   Just popped in to say sorry i

"100% of the population takes part in leveling content, so that must be the only thing players enjoy. So that's all we'll give to them! They'll be so happy and grateful they don't have to deal with na

I couldn't stand it any longer:   https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?550043-SHIELD-Dwarf-Runs-through-Moria-Q-amp-A-Notes-on-What-Was-Said&p=7190278#post7190278     Originally P

What a load of old shit. If anyone here has the temerity to consider themselves our "ringleader" I'll slap him down asap for being uppish :D

• Upvote 1

I admit it.  I'm the one.  My real name is Darth Morpheus McClain Bauer Machiavelli, and I have been orchestrating the downfall of civilization for decades, as my predecessor did before me and his before him.  Our machinations are nearly at their apex, and the fruit of our labour will be soon revealed.  It is too late for any of you to stop me.  Mu ah ah ah ...

• Upvote 1

Now I want to slam a custom title "Ringleader" on somebody random :)

Anyone p.m.ed that clown to find out who he thinks it should be?

Who posted here claiming to be a Turbine employee? Obviously. That.

I can only think of me, LV, Bango, Fundim... Thequinn do you still post there? Either way it probably will be a small list.

12 posts in the last 6 months doesn't really qualify as being a regular poster. 

Ringleader?  I guess you can't have a collection of fans upset with a games direction without someone at the helm? 

If communities need ringleaders, who is their ringleader? 

One would say the CM as the thread is now closed. 

Also because he allows poster to purposefully derail threads.

Where the hell is RKL's ban?  Biggest troll and derailer EVA.

Any mention of this site on the O boards will be followed by thread closure.

Not everyone who posts here hates the game or hates Turbine or was banned by Sapience or stopped playing, though. I'd say a significant number still play, though a whole lot less, and we even have (former) PC members posting. Hmmm. Maybe the PC members should get the Ringleader title? :P

Not everyone who posts here hates the game or hates Turbine or was banned by Sapience or stopped playing, though. I'd say a significant number still play, though a whole lot less, and we even have (former) PC members posting. Hmmm. Maybe the PC members should get the Ringleader title? :P

I wasn't banned.  I don't totally hate the game, it is just unenjoyable to play in it's current state.   Up until HD I played somewhat regularly. 

Once again the folks (poster who are forum police) on the o board feel they can invalidate our opinions by treating us as a whole rather than several independant voices who see the game for what it is instead of ignoring the current poor direction.  Players that realize the population numbers are getting lower rather than ignoring it. 

I just want to preserve this here since it is such an excessive pile of lies. To think that this man gets payed for this kind of things, with the money that we (most here) have pumped into the game is infuriating. Really, at this rate I can't wait for him to lose his job, over the game closure or the tolkien lawsuit, I don't care, and start his next job asking whether french fries should come with that.

[Sapience on the official forums when closing the thread full quote, not selectively]

Why this thread is being closed: Because it violates the Community Guidelines (as every post closed or deleted does in one way or another).

Most often people choose to make statements they know are going to violate the guidelines, or open discussions they know are in violation (this one for example), and then claim censorship. This is obviously not the case and as is usually the case with threads of this nature others come in to chime in with false statements (which is a violation of the community guidelines - see where this is headed?). This is why these are not permitted.

For example, no one has ever been banned here for posting anywhere else. It's a nice fiction, makes for a good story, but is pure fantasy. Most people actually are given so many chances to stop posting in in appropriate ways that they far, far, far, exceed the '10 infractions ' perm ban rule. There are a number currently posting that have infraction counts in the 30s in the hopes they'll eventually get it together.

In fact it happens enough that a number of players (some quite well known) along with both the 2013 and 2014 players council have requested we tighten up and clarify the community guidelines (as we did in 2013 based on council feedback that changed significant portions of the wording), and tighten the enforcement and the removal of threads and posts that are inviolation to further reinforce that those behaviors are unacceptable. A pending suggestion is to reduce the number of allowable 'strikes' from 10. So it's clear to us that the desire of the larger community is for more and more consistent moderation of problematic posts and posters.

The only exception here would be those sites we know who have proven to be a consistent supporter of those attempting to defraud customers or otherwise violate our TOS/COC/EULA at the expense of other players. Those, when Identified, do get a quick show of the door (in game and out). Which I think is more than understandable.

I'll be blunt, if you wish to discuss LOTRO with the people making it and have an impact on the game, and you can do so in a polite and appropriate manner, you are highly unlikely to every have an issue. If, however, you wish to be rude, disrespectful, abusive, and inappropriate in your comments you probably won't be around very long. If you choose to post in that manner, other sites where that is tolerated are your best bet. Although, as we don't consider that kind of posting to be feedback of any useful kind, we don't make any efforts to seek it out or look at it.

Basically, if you truly wish to have you comments seen by the team and make any kind of meaningful impact, this or the other official channels are the best place to do that. All that is asked is you follow very simple, basic courtesy and common sense rules as you see in the community guidelines. It's pretty simple.

Fuck that. It doesn't matter what you write over there, Turbine won't read it and will only allow it if it's positive. There can be no 'impact' from those forums. He can go fuck right off with all the lies he constantly spews. How much are tickets to Boston, again?

DDO was my first Tubine game. As I mentioned before, I wasn't able to make an official forum account, and after digging I found my way to their "other" forum the DDOvault. It was nice to see a passionate and uncensored forum like that. A few years later I was recommended to try LOTRO from a friend of mine. I can't really say when I noticed it, but I felt there was something.....off about the OF. Like I wasn't getting the whole picture (which still feels that way to this day). I think someone mentioned this forum in a long forgotten post, so that's how I found this place out.

Like Thequinn I'm not banned and still for the most part enjoy the game. But I can't abide all the whitewashing and segregation that goes on over at the OF. Even worse is when I want to say something I feel like i have to edit myself in order to keep from getting an infraction.

Hell, you get more honesty on the glff chat than you do there.....

Not sure what's worse - RH for putting out what is undoubtedly his own viewpoint rather than an objective one, or the idiots on the OF who blindly accept what he says as gospel. Quite frankly both RH and his merry little band of sycophants are welcome to each other.

Really, at this rate I can't wait for him to lose his job, over the game closure or the tolkien lawsuit, I don't care, and start his next job asking whether french fries should come with that.

He wouldn't last very long in a fast food joint - that job actually requires possessing some basic customer service skills.

• Upvote 1

I don't look at all, just hard to avoid the copy-paste back onto here, I guess.

An unknowing person reading Rick's post might be convinced that he's doing his job okay, but it's all about history and how much spin he uses. Lots of spin. Rick Heaton is incompetent at his job, especially when you look at precisely which posts have been infracted, deleted, banned----obviously that means he has control over a lot of evidence with his deletion power. I have a small repository of such posts, like the one that got Fred banned. Anyone with a working brain cell should see Sapience's true colors with stuff like that.

The only way any newcomer can get a "whole picture" view of LotRO is to come here. :P Because obviously a number here still play it. I think we're just a lot more objective, or we're able to call each other out if that's not the case.

you folk still actually look at the official forums?

ever considered not doing that?

seriously,  i recommend it.

you truly lose...   nothing.

It's mostly the General Discussion and Feedback forum where you see the worst of it IMO

Personally, I just lurk the class and server topics. Those are relatively quiet. Perhaps a little too quiet, but meh

I don't look at all, just hard to avoid the copy-paste back onto here, I guess.

An unknowing person reading Rick's post might be convinced that he's doing his job okay, but it's all about history and how much spin he uses. Lots of spin. Rick Heaton is incompetent at his job, especially when you look at precisely which posts have been infracted, deleted, banned----obviously that means he has control over a lot of evidence with his deletion power. I have a small repository of such posts, like the one that got Fred banned. Anyone with a working brain cell should see Sapience's true colors with stuff like that.

The only way any newcomer can get a "whole picture" view of LotRO is to come here. :P Because obviously a number here still play it. I think we're just a lot more objective, or we're able to call each other out if that's not the case.

I first heard about this forum on the OF when someone posted a link to here. There were lots of posts on the OF discussing here in a derogatory manner, saying it was a cesspit etc. How could I not take a peek?

So out of of curiosity, I decided I would read some posts here. My first instinct on reading so many anti-Sapience threads and posts was, to be honest, to think 'Well they are probably all trolls who have been banned from the OF so what they are saying will be just keyboard warriors spouting off.'

What I actually found when I started to read the posts here was that although I was enjoying the game still, I agreed with the people on this forum. I had felt uncomfortable with Turbine's operation of their forums for a while and was not impressed with their staff's unprofessional and rude manner when posting on the OF. I believe that there is no smoke without fire - you don't just get person after person saying they have had the exact same issue with the exact same person for no reason. Life simply does not work that way.

I thought, pretty much all of the people posing here seemed decent, knowledgeable and articulate. Yes, some people here were sometimes rude but I felt what they were saying also had a lot weight. To me, there were just too many polite, respectful people here saying they had been banned for no reason for it not to be true. From what I had seen on the OF - basically the lack of any real discussion - gang-ups on others and the arrogant and rude replies to customers, it all actually felt true and 'right'.  There is a reason we have gut feelings and they are normally correct. 

I opened my eyes and made a decision for myself based on the evidence I could see. After hearing about Fredelas' OF ban here, I decided to join here and stop bothering with the OF as I was disgusted with Turbine, Sapience and the blind sheep clique.

Anyone with eyes and real life experience should be able to see what goes on over there 'quietly' where others can not see. I have no time for sheep and find it incredibly odd that the people on the OF lack the capacity to see the censorship and vindictiveness of the moderation. 

• Upvote 3

Hello all,

First off I wont be posting here much, not because I dont like the site, in fact I love it, but I am now in full lotro purging mode, going cold turkey.

Just popped in to say sorry if anything I have posted over on the OF has caused anyone any problems here, keep up the good fight, its good to see people still saying the things that need to be said about the game, shame its ignored where it is needed most.

I wont be expending anything further on that game now (damn thats hard to believe but thats the goal now) turbine/WB dont deserve the rights to that IP they have took the profs work and legacy and happily pissed all over it. Sickens me to see some so called Tolkien fans fawn over people who are sullying the very work they claim to adore.

Anyway rant off, best wishes to you all.

No trouble, Bobby.  Thanks for reminding people that there's more than one viewpoint about the game.

Hello all,

First off I wont be posting here much, not because I dont like the site, in fact I love it, but I am now in full lotro purging mode, going cold turkey.

Just popped in to say sorry if anything I have posted over on the OF has caused anyone any problems here, keep up the good fight, its good to see people still saying the things that need to be said about the game, shame its ignored where it is needed most.

I wont be expending anything further on that game now (damn thats hard to believe but thats the goal now) turbine/WB dont deserve the rights to that IP they have took the profs work and legacy and happily pissed all over it. Sickens me to see some so called Tolkien fans fawn over people who are sullying the very work they claim to adore.

Good luck Bobby. Sorry you have reached the point many of us here have.

Hello all,

Welcome bobby. I'm sad to see LOTRO losing good players only to be replaced by robots.