LOTROCommunity

When Lotro players dare to speak the truth ...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all,   First off I wont be posting here much, not because I dont like the site, in fact I love it, but I am now in full lotro purging mode, going cold turkey.   Just popped in to say sorry i

"100% of the population takes part in leveling content, so that must be the only thing players enjoy. So that's all we'll give to them! They'll be so happy and grateful they don't have to deal with na

I couldn't stand it any longer:   https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?550043-SHIELD-Dwarf-Runs-through-Moria-Q-amp-A-Notes-on-What-Was-Said&p=7190278#post7190278     Originally P

Hmmm ... looks like the players are revolting. 

(Maybe Sapience is right in thinking Lotro players are revolting).

And, hmmm...

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?551066-A-Discussion-About-Group-Content

Crossbow, I don't think Sapience and Turbine really want a discussion, certainly not on this topic. But maybe you tried to limit enough to prevent any open discussion of it (by specific questions). But seriously, unhappiness expressed about the state of the game  is forbidden on the Lotro forums - only individual posts are sometimes allowed. Any appearance of consensus that Turbine is doing it wrong is strictly forbidden.

Interesting...it looks like the OF may have reached a tipping point in terms of what players want to know vs. what Turbine is hoping to distract them with.

Kudos to everyone making reasoned arguments and asking pointed questions in the calmest, most polite way possible. If those get deleted or bans are handed out, we'll see just how open, welcoming, and respectful the OF really is.

Well done, all!

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I just want to point out that it is really great that there is an alternative to the official forums.

All those narrow minded trolls kissing an arrogant CMs ass in the OF are just disgusting. Good to see the community here seems to be not that bad.

• Upvote 2

Thankfully nearly every other AAA MMO has not taken Turbine's approach to drop new development on instances & raids so there are plenty of other options. Even TSW has had / will get a new raid.

Just a shame that LOTRO was so poorly managed by Paiz that as a result of the HD fiasco they've had to rein in any area of expenditure that was outside a very narrow remit of delivering basic MMO content backed up by a Store and some big battles.

Not something I would want to be proud of, which is why you won't see AC joining in any of those discussions.

Just wanted to remind everyone of the community guidelines, and of the real purpose of this thread. Perhaps this is an issue best tabled for now, or moved elsewhere.

Umm, people are generally being respectful, Turbine has said they want to be more open and communicative, why would you attempt to stop people from posting about a topic that was covered in the SHIELD runs? Are you saying we shouldn't ask for clarification of the foreseeable future because you don't care what the answer is?

If we aren't supposed to read meanings into things then when clarification is asked for it shouldn't be a big deal to actually clarify. 

Cirith Ungol, the Guard Tower, Minas Morgul, the caves around the Black Gate, are any of these areas in the planning stages or considered the foreseeable future? I mean honestly, it's a pretty simple question.

• Upvote 2

Spiteful, what thread is that from? I can't find it, to see the context.

Is it all a quote, or your own reply just on this forum?

The SHIELD Run thread

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?550043-SHIELD-Dwarf-Runs-through-Moria-Q-amp-A-Notes-on-What-Was-Said&p=7190002#post7190002

or /roll any even number, anything below halfway being one. From what I understand, the larger the seed number, the more accurate the probability but that could be just a load of old tosh.

Then BPE is your best bet. Fight an on-level mob, let it attack you without fighting back and then analyse the combat log afterwards for BPE events. If you wanted to use crafting crits then perhaps get half a dozen 100 stacks of farm crops and see how many of those crit on a 5% chance.

/roll might be different as it is a very simple procedure. I was more thinking along the lines of a game action with a random success

Crafting.  From my times of playing Lotro - I remember that it was preety easy to set up cooking for 100 units of something.    Crit chance was working properly - 5% crit chance was giving in practical terms usually between 4-6% of critted foods.

That was years ago though, no Idea how crafting looks right now, etc

I had some minutes to kill. I've started to browse this thread and while scrolling down something caught my eye.

1. What are the expectations of a visit in Europe anytime soon

Currently there are no plans for anyone from Turbine to visit Europe for business or for pleasure anytime soon. A couple of players actually suggested a Kickstarter campaign to bring a couple of devs to Germany.

1403490177869.jpg

Crafting.  From my times of playing Lotro - I remember that it was preety easy to set up cooking for 100 units of something.    Crit chance was working properly - 5% crit chance was giving in practical terms usually between 4-6% of critted foods.

That was years ago though, no Idea how crafting looks right now, etc

Grumpy, I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but some years ago I did two experiments testing crit crafting RNG using a proper data set. The Lorebook no longer exists, but the threads should still be there, first one titled "Sample size THREE THOUSAND" and another with a 1000 sample size. The RNG itself should not have changed, though these days I wouldn't be surprised if Turbine broke it some other way. A 100 sample size is absolutely not enough if we're talking representative probability.

Spiteful, what thread is that from? I can't find it, to see the context.

Is it all a quote, or your own reply just on this forum?

And muckedup is now reminding people of the community guidelines and attempting to quash the sensible questions.

Must be worried about that little transcript thread endeavor of hers embarrassing her overlords.

Hello guys, I am new to this forum and I just want to point out that it is really great that there is an alternative to the official forums.

All those narrow minded trolls kissing an arrogant CMs ass in the OF are just disgusting. Good to see the community here seems to be not that bad.

Hi and welcome!  :)

And muckedup is now reminding people of the community guidelines and attempting to quash the sensible questions.

Must be worried about that little transcript thread endeavor of hers embarrassing her overlords.

Poor Bobbylobs, I cannot see Sap letting you get away with such a post. Expect an infraction for "misleading information" and an instant ban!!! :D

What it boils down to is this: Turbine cannot afford to make Raid or Instanced content, outside of perhaps a new EB here or there. But to say they can't afford it would - like merging servers - be a sign that LOTRO is failing, and that would make the game lose even more money. So instead they say they aren't making new Raid/Group content because only a very small percentage of players ever did those consistently.

That could quite possibly be correct, actually. It is possible that only a single digit percentage of the overall playerbase ever was into raiding, for example.

But as was pointed out in that thread, years ago Turbine created group and raid content on a massive scale, especially pre-RoI, in spite of the incredible cost and potentially very small amount of players (overall) that would use them. This clearly shows that Turbine isn't being honest about the reason for not creating new raid, group, or even PvMP content. It simply comes down to money.

To be honest, I feel bad for Turbine. They made some poor choices along the way, and look where it has led them to? A failing game that is barely holding on, and yet Management is reluctant to make moves to fix the issues, for fear of making things worse. Not a good place to be, as they have only a few options left, and none of them are really good.

• Upvote 1

Poor Bobbylobs, I cannot see Sap letting you get away with such a post. Expect an infraction for "misleading information" and an instant ban!!! :D

Let's capture it here for all to see:

"Why would you do that?

I never saw you post a link to the community guidelines during the isengard runs when people started discussing answers to questions regarding the housing update, or when talking about the beorning class.

This thread is titled SHIELD runs through moria Q&A-notes on what was said is it not? has anyone been discussing something that wasnt said? or is it just that people are discussing something you are not happy about or the discussion has gone in a way you dont care for?

This site comes in for a lot of criticism for the way it handles open and honest discussion, Sapience recently posted these very words "Basically, if you truly wish to have you comments seen by the team and make any kind of meaningful impact, this or the other official channels are the best place to do that. All that is asked is you follow very simple, basic courtesy and common sense rules as you see in the community guidelines. It's pretty simple."

No-one in this thread has deviated from that apart from yourself, I politely suggest you keep to transcribing the runs and transcribing alone if you do not wish to contribute to the perfectly legitimate discussion and let the moderation team moderate.

Regards

Bobbylobs."

So what does Turbine do now?  Change the transcript threads to read-only and not allow discussion?  That doesn't seem very open and welcoming, does it?

What it boils down to is this: Turbine cannot afford to make Raid or Instanced content, outside of perhaps a new EB here or there. But to say they can't afford it would - like merging servers - be a sign that LOTRO is failing, and that would make the game lose even more money. So instead they say they aren't making new Raid/Group content because only a very small percentage of players ever did those consistently.

That could quite possibly be correct, actually. It is possible that only a single digit percentage of the overall playerbase ever was into raiding, for example.

But as was pointed out in that thread, years ago Turbine created group and raid content on a massive scale, especially pre-RoI, in spite of the incredible cost and potentially very small amount of players (overall) that would use them. This clearly shows that Turbine isn't being honest about the reason for not creating new raid, group, or even PvMP content. It simply comes down to money.

To be honest, I feel bad for Turbine. They made some poor choices along the way, and look where it has led them to? A failing game that is barely holding on, and yet Management is reluctant to make moves to fix the issues, for fear of making things worse. Not a good place to be, as they have only a few options left, and none of them are really good.

The more they stick to their "everything is fine and don't dare question or contradict us" policy, the more people, even the most inattentive, will see that things just don't add up.   I have mixed emotions about it, and mostly right now I'm angry at the way they ran the game into the ground, though as was said earlier, I am also sad for what could have been.

Well no infraction yet. Still early at 10 am.   You'd think with that new banner there would be some lifetime bans handed out today.  Not sure why he chose to allow unregistered users to see those yellow banners.   Apparently to chase away and possible new players the game could attract.   Maybe Turbine has the same outlook Nymph has and would be quite happy with their servers being dead.  We can't have the players getting in the way of the 15 people still enjoying the game.    It ruins there immersion.