LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
SoDT

[Snowbourn] The Last Alliance

(Apologies for being a totally lazy git and copying this from our CM thread)

Do you remember the days before the interweb?

Do you remember when computators were things in science fiction comics?

Did you read Lord of the Rings, before the films, the games and even the radio adaptation?

Did your first computer game load from a C90 cassette tape?

Do you think the best use of a mobile phone is to make a telephone call?

Do you spell words properly and use punctuation?

Do you find yourself grumbling about stuff under your breath? All day? Every day?

Do you prefer to ignore the numbers when it comes to birthdays?

Do you struggle to understand the “L337 spk” of the “PUG”s you join?

You’re old…….. aren’t you?

Older than you care to admit?

Well, there is an answer!

Come and join The Last Alliance; a refuge for the more “mature” (in an age, if not mental, sense) gamer, sometimes known as “The Grumpy Old Gits”

(To paraphrase Mr David Gilmour */bows*; “We like to think we are getting Older and Wiser, when in fact we are just getting old….”)

We have been around since the year dot (and before). What is the current oldest rank for a kin? Well, that’s us!

We have a fully active community, (albeit slightly creaky and smelling faintly of wee, Listerine and Deep Heat), with 100+ grumbling, mumbling, moaning and groaning members with many 65'ers, and numerous other characters scattered at all levels across Middle Earth

We take our Zimmer frames, wheelchairs and walking sticks on many day trips to all sorts of exciting end-gamey places and also have a thriving bunch of young hearty adventurers willing to tackle the various threats of the starter areas too (well, it makes us feel really young - one can always dream) .

So;

if you would like to come and join us as we make our way through the countryside of Middle Earth,

and moan about the flies, the food and the lack of toilet facilities (well, I haven’t seen one, have you?),

come and visit us at http://thelastalliance.guildportal.com and have a moan!

Come poke fun at us via our NEW Turbine recrutment thread here (well, when I say new, the thread is new, the content is a pure copy and paste of this :$ )

Alternatively accost one of our number in-game and talk to us, but please bear in mind that you may have to talk slowly and very loudly.

• Upvote 1

Best Kin recruitment ad ever. Very funny indeed. I see myself in nearly all of your witty qualifications. If it wasn't for the fact that I have been in The Watchers since 2007, I would be badgering you for an invite. Good luck with getting yourselves some new members.

Aye love it SoDT, myself and my husband found ourselves agreeing to most of the ad too, good luck with the recruitment d;)b

Heh,heh. :Y

The first software I wrote and distributed (on "bulletin boards" - no interwebs yet) was a shareware shoot-em-up for the Commodore Vic20 that loaded off of a cassette tape and "poked" machine code into memory. It included an address to send donations by cash or check via snail mail.

I can't even get a mobile phone to redial (I just punch in the number I want to call).

Oh, and I read the Hobbit for the first time in 1967 and the LotR trilogy for the first time in 1968.

Do you guys have a chapter on Brandywine yet? I'll bring the Ovaltine.

Do you guys have a chapter on Brandywine yet? I'll bring the Ovaltine.

I'm afraid we are all far too lazy to be bothered setting up kins on other servers, :$ and I am guessing that the name The Last Alliance is probably taken on all other servers by now.

But you can still be our friend *O* .. Pop on to our GP forum and say hello, we have an associate status on there so you can join the chat without being a full Kin member

A recruitment post good enough to make me wish I were on Snowbourn. Too old to switch servers at this time, so maybe I'll wait until they join all EU servers into one (yes, Laurelin too). This ends my doomsayer imitation. :*)

<wakes up> eh what are you doing in my living room, oh, well never mind.

Hail and well met, good fellows. Fed up with those youngsters that rush in and aggro everything and then wonder why the group has wiped.

Not keen on leet speak?

Well The Last Alliance may be for you, why not come and talk to an officer in game.

My decision to start a Codemasters account on Snowbourn was entirely due to this recruitment poster. :*)

Once the servers are back up I will be able to bring my main Turbine LTA to Snowbourn and start a couple of toons there to join their Codies brethren (sistren)? I resemble all of the examples given in the advert. My mother was Canadian and, even though I was raised in the US, I spell colour and armour the civilized way despite the demerits from my Yank teachers. :P My (grown) children will tell you that "grumpy" is my trademark - I even have the coffee mug to prove it.

I look forward to meeting ya'll in-game when the servers are back up. :D

My decision to start a Codemasters account on Snowbourn was entirely due to this recruitment poster. :*)

Once the servers are back up I will be able to bring my main Turbine LTA to Snowbourn and start a couple of toons there to join their Codies brethren (sistren)? I resemble all of the examples given in the advert. My mother was Canadian and, even though I was raised in the US, I spell colour and armour the civilized way despite the demerits from my Yank teachers. :P My (grown) children will tell you that "grumpy" is my trademark - I even have the coffee mug to prove it.

Prepare to be disappointed ;)

..but there again, at our age we are used to disappointment :Y

Prepare to be disappointed ;)

..but there again, at our age we are used to disappointment :Y

To quote Douglas Adams' marvelous Marvin "...Ah!. . .Life! /heavy sigh/... /grumble...grumble...shuffle.../" :'(

Welcome in advance from the north of europe too! Prepare yourself for wierd and wonderful humour that at times makes the kinchat go ... :Y

Always worth having a video record of the last time The Last Alliance had a RL kin meeting, set to some nice music...... :P

Always worth having a video record of the last time The Last Alliance had a RL kin meeting, set to some nice music...... :P

I love Sigur Ros' music! -) Started listening to it when I found out that some of the actors in the LoTR movies listen to that music when in makeup for 3 hours.

Would like to point out not ALL of us are 65+...some like me are mere 30+ babbies!

*O**O**O*

Would like to point out not ALL of us are 65+...some like me are mere 30+ babbies!

*O**O**O*

You know, for some reason at first I thought this post was about AGE and not level. Then I thought again, and still am not quite sure. :P

You know, for some reason at first I thought this post was about AGE and not level. Then I thought again, and still am not quite sure. :P

I think, maybe, your first thoughts were correct....

that Aloe is but a wee thing..