LOTROCommunity
kitkat

Now we know - 2-3 days is what they're aiming for

2 - 3 "working" days is what they probably meant,

and what with the fact that there are probably some birthdays amongst the team,

and pets birthdays too,

and days off to go to graduation of the nephew of the son of the third cousins great grandmother,

meaning that these are not actual "working" days,

it might be a bit longer in real "solar" days..

but probably no more than 20 or 30.... >:)

If I were running the show, there'd be no such thing as "working" days. Where's my whip?

Edited by Spheric

lol! oh I wish there were a female form of "chap"...

Aaaaaactually, technically, though no dictionary would tell you this, it's neuter. A dictionary will tell you that chap is "informal, chiefly British a man or boy". However, a decent dikker will also tell you that it's origin is as a shortening of chapman. That's an archaic word, meaning a pedlar. However, in that sense, man doesn't mean male, it means person. This is why the PC-brigade who bang on about how chairman should be chairwoman if it's a female holding the post, etc, are talking complete bollocks and displaying their ignorance of the English language.

You make the distinction by saying "Mr Chairman" or "Madame Chairman". Man is neuter in Old Englisc and requires qualification; it still holds true to some degree in the modern world, if you're not a total ignoramus! ;) You learn something new every day, eh! ;)

So Madame chap. Or Mademoiselle chap, if you prefer... ;)

Edited by Raedwulf

You make the distinction by saying "Mr Chairman" or "Madame Chairman". Man is neuter in Old Englisc and requires qualification; it still holds true to some degree in the modern world, if you're not a total ignoramus!

You just gotta love how the English language is way more gender neutral to begin with. In Germany every noun is either male, female or neuter (she earth, he moon, the house). Maybe that's the reason, that our local political correctness makes things like job ads completely unreadable nowadays.

"Job offering for a she/he in the position of she mechanic (Mechanikerin) or he mechanic (Mechaniker)... *bla bla*"

I applaud the female revolution. But in the German language it included things like Chairman as well. It's rather silly.

And on a German server, too. You, sir, are an odd one. Sauron should have an eye on you!

hey, I dragged her there :D

On an EU server? Talking to an Englishman? "You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence..." ;)

Not really. It's just a bunch of data in a database. Just like the rest of the game. In fact the account data is probably a rather smaller database than the one holding the character details with tables of possessions, quests done, deeds done, titles, blah, etc.

Isnt the 5th along the lines of I refuse to answer that question on the grounds I may incrimiate myself :)

I've just re-asked the question if we have to pay VAT or not. Thats a good deal that they have going but then I have 2 lifetime accounts and dont need more!.

Anyone else thing 2-3 days is very optamistic?

Actually it is not a good deal if we are not paying VAT. Current 12 month sub in the US is $119.88, which converts to £72.65 before VAT (£87.18 after VAT)

Isnt the 5th along the lines of I refuse to answer that question on the grounds I may incrimiate myself :)

Yep.

They've included in the constitution that you cannot be forced to give evidence against yourself, which is why a lawyer has to be present for every arrested crim being questioned!

Actually it is not a good deal if we are not paying VAT. Current 12 month sub in the US is $119.88, which converts to £72.65 before VAT (£87.18 after VAT)

We're still saving £2.81 then from the old 12 month sub hehe

Very first payment I made when I got LOTRO was 12 month sub for £89.99 :D

I do wish though one time they'll bring back lifetime even though the look of it is so so so slight.

I had originally hoped that what I have been saying for awhile is that the US service was lucky as no taxes, but not upon reading things it seems now they are hosting a service for the EU they are legally required to charge that evil 20% VAT.

Hopefully they may lower prices to a 'reasonable level' :) I was so looking forward to paying cheap for any points I may have to buy (so far resisted any points purchase on fear of store only advantages)

so on another note- what's everyone going to do to get over LOTRO withdrawal lol :-) ?

I plan on going with Star Trek Online since I have a subs there too (it's actually quite fun too!)

I'm waiting for GW2. If Turbine makes LotRO unbearable / untenable in the meanwhile, I guess I'll just find something offline to do. It's not like I've any shortage of choices...

Finishing grinding out some old GW bits here - need 3 more points to get all my freebies when GW2 comes out... :)

am also waiting for The Old Republic to come out... but in the meantime until we get service back or until.. nah won't say what I'm thinking... darn it I'm gonna miss CM

edited to add: at least I have STO...

I have a lifetime sub on CO, so assuming Cryptic survive being dropped by Atari (could be a good thing the way Atari have been lately!), that'll be something I can go back to. Think I may take a look at Rift as well in the near future.

so on another note- what's everyone going to do to get over LOTRO withdrawal lol :-) ?

I plan on going with Star Trek Online since I have a subs there too (it's actually quite fun too!)

I do have a lifetime for STO and tbh I play it rare. It is a game thats improving slowly and thats why I got a Lifetime so I can go back from time to time!.

TOR is the next big one I think

I do have a lifetime for STO and tbh I play it rare. It is a game thats improving slowly and thats why I got a Lifetime so I can go back from time to time!.

TOR is the next big one I think

send me a message on here if you get back into it (even if I can't decide which class I prefer lol) :-) and maybe we can chat :) same goes for any who play STO - if you want to send me a message through here, I'll send you my handle

For 1 time i'll be optimistic and just expect them to be online somewhere thursday evening/friday morning ;)

Although i can't start playing before the 8th of June because of a busy schedule ;)

I'm pretty sure they have every intention of having us being able to play in 2 or 3 days because they do want us otherwise they'd left the service in the hands of Codemasters. We just have to hope the transistion goes well but remember they have a running serverpark in place already so it's just a matter of adding these servers to it and merging the login database so we are known to them.

You know there is always Aion who have a welcome back to old subcribers from june the 3rd to June the 13th so that might keep me busy if Turbine messes up :)

not only this, I noticed their bonus points bundle offer runs till the 5th. So I think they surely want us to be playing by this time and probably buying the bundle offer too.

*sigh* just spent ages downloading STO to give it another go. After hours of downloads and patches I lasted about halfway through the tutorial before giving up on it and uninstalling. Not my sort of game at all, should have known actually, I was in it's beta and didn't like it then...just sort of hoped they might have changed a few things. So, Rift or er... Rift then...

I've tried and discarded loads of mmo's in the last few years. Most of them took longer to download and install than I spent playing them. I seem to be becoming less tolerant of the genre as I get older. Still play LOTRO and some GW but most other games just seem the same. I just hope that GW2 turns out to be the breath of fresh air it looks to be.

not only this, I noticed their bonus points bundle offer runs till the 5th. So I think they surely want us to be playing by this time and probably buying the bundle offer too.

You'll be able to login after creating your account, and set up a payment agreement, you'll be able to login to the other servers, which should enable you to buy the points. I would think that those points would just be added together with your current EU points once they become available. It's only our servers, and our chars that will take 2-3 days. In any case, if all goes according to plan, we'll be back up on the 2nd/3rd, which will give you a window for points purchasing!

As Densar mentioned, Aion is free to play until level 20 right now. It feels a bit like playing LOTRO with LSD*, a nice change ;)

*Disclaimer: As I presume it would feel like playing LOTRO with LSD... ;)

Gonna do some RL stuff, watch some movies maybe peek what is happening in Rift. But I don't think we'll see a longish downtime.