LOTROCommunity

• 3 weeks later...

Slowly getting better at this. Arena is very frustrating though.

Also, the grind to get good cards from decks is ridiculous. That said, I just opened a pack with Deathwing. I have 2 decent legendaries now (plus old-murk eye).

Gambling at it's finest. Just let you win once in a while and you're hooked.

468px-HS_DEANEU.jpg

Nothing better than when someone pulls out Deathwing, loses there hand and then you use Polymorph on it and turn it into a 1/1 sheep!

I still haven't managed to crack rank 12, finished at the same rank last season. I have found that the most efficient way to gather cards is through the arena if you can win at least 4 games, otherwise just do dailies and save the gold for cards. Remember to disenchant any extras for crafting as well.

Nothing better than when someone pulls out Deathwing, loses there hand and then you use Polymorph on it and turn it into a 1/1 sheep!

I still haven't managed to crack rank 12, finished at the same rank last season. I have found that the most efficient way to gather cards is through the arena if you can win at least 4 games, otherwise just do dailies and save the gold for cards. Remember to disenchant any extras for crafting as well.

What deck are you playing? When I started to use current decks, and follow the meta game, then I started to win in ranked. I got down to rank 4 with a zoo deck, and could have made legend if I spent the time (but it seemed kind of pointless). (If I did not research and use a good current-meta deck, then I would never have gotten very far).

It seems like if you have a good deck, you can do pretty well. Zoo is also really easy to play, and the games go quick so you can climb rank fast.

On deathwing card: yeah, I haven't even played with it. It can be not so good, but I was just happy to get a decent legendary. It's still better than the first legendary I got:

184px-Nozdormu(285).png?version=3f3006d6

This card I will probably play, just to play the joke on the other player - for one time. It is a total waste to get this legendary card though.

I  disenchanted Deathwing when I got it (sort of regret it now)... You can do some nice gimmicks with it like trying to get it out on turn 3 with an alarm-o-bot (plays a random minion from your hand but doesn't trigger the battle-cry) but such things are very unreliable. It can be be an ok card in arena maybe if playing top-deck wars with your opponents but doesn't really fit in to any constructed decks I can think of.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've started experimenting with my own decks now, I was playing a warlock zoo deck or whatever hunter deck is flavour of the month and doing ok but I'm having more fun experimenting with my own and seeing what works. Currently having some success with a Shaman deck based around deathrattles and some of the new Naxx cards.

Having some interesting combos with these and a load of other deathrattle cards

7740.png7745.png7744.png7731.png7737.png526.png7749.png

Problem is the deck lacks card draw and is inconsistent if you don't get the right cards out in time. I'm working on it though, maybe I will post the full deck if it proves successful.

Nice. Looks fun. 

I was crushed by Thaddius the other day for the first time.

Yeah, so with some luck Baron Rivendare + use Reincarnate to kill Feugan or Stalagg should mean game over. There are other win scenarios in the deck but this one is the most fun.

Another could be putting Ancestral Spirit on the Sludge Belcher and having Baron Rivendare out means you end up with 2 Sludge Belchars + 2 Slime when one dies, It's then just a matter of lining up Bloodlust for the kill.

256.png

Deck still needs some work though as it's pretty difficult to recover from a bad start.

Ok, here is the deck I have come up with.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilder/shaman#10:2;140:1;172:1;214:2;256:1;270:2;386:2;390:1;395:2;525:1;526:1;530:2;7731:2;636:2;7737:2;7740:1;7745:1;7749:2;7744:1;7756:1

I've had some success so far although it struggles against hunters. If anyone has any suggestions feel free. If I had one I would probably drop a Fire Elemental for Leroy Jenkins.

That looks like a fun deck. 

My only thought is to replace some card that ends up not being too useful when you play games. You might realize that card X is not really helping much when you play.

Maybe a minor Shaman card? Or cult master or a loot hoarder? Do you need cult master? How about replace it with argent commander? or scarlet crusader if you want a good cheaper card.

Is this a mid range or control deck?

The deck lacks card draw and loot hoarder seems to offer that plus the cheap deathrattle for undertaker. Cult Master also was to help with drawing more cards if the game drags on, there are a lot of taunts here to hide it behind if needed. Doomhammer is not proving as useful as I thought it would and is mostly being used for removal but I think there are better solutions for that, lightning storm is the obvious choice but I don't actually have one.

You are looking to control the deck until you can flood the board with minions and use Blood Lust or if you can pull out a Thaddius (or 2 if you get really lucky!)

Can you fix the link of the picture?

I have been failing majorly at Arenas. I am not even sure why - my card picks are pretty good, I think (using online guidance and thinking about it carefully). My mulligan picks might be kind of bad. Maybe it's just back luck. Got my first 0 wins in Arena in a long time. : (

With constructed I can do fine, not to hard to win with my Zoo deck.

Fixed, no idea why it stopped working. My record is now 5 Thaddius's out at once, that will almost certainly never happen again, too many cards need to line up for that!

My best record in arena is 5 wins so not that great. I always try to mulligan for low mana minions but when luck is against you there just isn't much you can do. I haven't played that much this season after a bad run pissed me off, but having fun again now.

• Upvote 1

My record is now 5 Thaddius's out at once, that will almost certainly never happen again, too many cards need to line up for that!

That is awesome.

Yeah bad luck (plus not being that good) can be depressing. 

I've tried to like it. I really tried. I just can't. It's Magic: The Gathering, but dumbed down. Why can't I decide how to block an attack, why can they decide to attack me directly. Meh.

I've been playing a Bloodlust deck with more or less the same idea since beta:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/93723-lustcontrol

It does pretty well, although I've never tried to push much past the high teens in the ladder.

The only card that I might change is Illidan, which hasn't been a factor in many games. Hogger might be a better replacement.

• 5 months later...