LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
SNy

Turbine Dictionary of Contemporary English

Maybe you can add an entry for mithril coins someday and include a reference to "throw under the bus" and "fredelas" for "travel to NPC cost increase".

Well played sir.

I've seen you take on the Lotro Elite so I know you are a pro.   You might remember me as Minquinn.  One of RKL's favorite targets.  You won't be seeing me on the O board lol!

Add this one to your dictionary

Lotro Elite noun

(See silent majority)  Forum posters who make themselves well known in order to give more credibility to their posts.  These posters spend more time on the forum than in game.   This is evidenced by the fact that level 75 legendary are still used at level 95, and any of the several hundred upgrades are simply trashed along the way.

Any time a thread will feature the words: raid, raider, PVP, PVMP, PVPer, solo, duo, or feature text critical of the game they will be present in numbers.  Members are know to quote the forum rulebook, use the word playstyle and claim anyone not playing the game like they do , or giving an opinion differing from there's is a minority.   Members are immune to forum guidelines. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome! Here are some more contributions to consider.

always [ áwl wayz ] adverb

an indeterminate period of time until Turbine changes its mind (ref neverforeseeable future) Ex. "The epic story will always be free to all players."

never [ névvər ] adverb

an indeterminate period of time until Turbine changes its mind (ref alwaysforeseeable future) Ex. "We will never sell gear with stats in the LOTRO Store."

• Upvote 4

OK... Grrr... shat my undies...

Anyone here work for the NSA? We need someone to post this over there in a delete proof, lock proof, usual suspects proof, infraction proof and CM proof sticky thread.

OK... Grrr... shat my undies...

Anyone here work for the NSA? We need someone to post this over there in a delete proof, lock proof, usual suspects proof, infraction proof and CM proof sticky thread.

Isn't Sabriel the one who always goes on rants about the NSA causing lag in LOTRO?  I wonder if she has any contacts tucked away under her tinfoil hat.

Isn't Sabriel the one who always goes on rants about the NSA causing lag in LOTRO? I wonder if she has any contacts tucked away under her tinfoil hat.

I doubt it; she'd just end up electrocuting herself with them.

Can we get a sticky on this under General Discussion for LOTRO, please?

Period [peer ee uh d] noun

The end. That's all. Asta la vista baby.

See also Geronimo, damn the torpedoes full speed ahead, into the valley of death rode the 600, I can't hear you na-na-na-na-naa-nah.

Frequently used by CM in panic mode and is feeling at his eloquent best.

Tactful response to trivial issues raised by trivial groups and preceding the departure of trivial numbers of same.

Often praised in it's usage by those who have been so blessed as to genuflect at the feet of their master in his infraction proof crypt.

Hytbold [?], name of fictive city in Rohan

I am amused that after all this time, none of us are 100% confident on how to pronounce Hytbold. :D

I am amused that after all this time, none of us are 100% confident on how to pronounce Hytbold. :D

They recently said on stream that its Hit-bold. I'm still going to call it Height-bold :P

I prefer to use adjectives when referring to it.

Grindy, boring, time sinky, confusing, theres a few others as well.

It was meant to replace Draig for that level of gear.  The only thing was it was just as buggy.  Imitating the guy on the horse.  Did that ever work properly for more than a week?  Closed instances due to exploits.  At least Draig had a lower rate of bugginess, if you can believe that!

Hi all,

First post....

I think you forgot turbined.... To screw up something that was perfectly find left alone.

ie from the Urban Dictionary

A fully functioning part of an MMORPG that is broken by inept developers upon release of new content that should otherwise have no effect on what was broken.

PS:  Your confirmation page is messed.  It asks what TWO classes are tanks....As happens in SOOO many updates wardens are not tanks atm :)

• Upvote 1

Welcome! Here are some more contributions to consider.

always [ áwl wayz ] adverb

contraction of "until we change our minds" (ref neverforeseeable future) Ex. "The epic story will always be free to all players."

never [ névvər ] adverb

contraction of "not until we change our minds" (ref alwaysforeseeable future) Ex. "We will never sell gear with stats in the LOTRO Store."

Along the same lines:

convenience [kuhn-veen-yuhns]

antonym of "advantage"; items like permanent +50 and greater stat tomes, legendary item DPS boosts, virtue and legacy upgrades, which in no way improve player performance. Synonymous with any and all products sold in the LotRO Store.

Hi all,

First post....

Welcome sweet and everyone else new.

What's that saying about "the best revenge". I feel like there are so many nice people here at these forums now (and a lot of trolls and not so nice people left on the other forums). Much nicer over here imo.

• Upvote 1

They recently said on stream that its Hit-bold. I'm still going to call it Height-bold :P

In that case, I will call it Hoot-bold, just to be annoying. :)

Hi all,

First post....

I think you forgot turbined.... To screw up something that was perfectly find left alone.

ie from the Urban Dictionary

A fully functioning part of an MMORPG that is broken by inept developers upon release of new content that should otherwise have no effect on what was broken.

PS:  Your confirmation page is messed.  It asks what TWO classes are tanks....As happens in SOOO many updates wardens are not tanks atm :)

Hi sweet49!   :w

In that case, I will call it Hoot-bold, just to be annoying. :)

How did Chris on LOTRO Reporter used to pronounce it - was it Hyute-bold?  It always sounded like he was coughing up a lung.