LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Laurinaohtar

U14 Release Notes

Didn't update 14 get downloaded by a new piece of software that we can un install after? What was the name I can't find anything on CCleaner I can't remember, DOH

Didn't update 14 get downloaded by a new piece of software that we can un install after? What was the name I can't find anything on CCleaner I can't remember, DOH

No, it didn't. If you didn't have Akamai Netsessions installed already, it didn't install it when Patching.

It's for downloading/install of the Client, not for patching.

Yeah perhaps, though it remains to be seen what LotrOs world builders could make with a good engine.

Imagine LOTRO with MERP's maps and a brandspanking new graphical engine(not saying LOTRO's graphics are not good, I do realize there are newer engines that are capable of delivering more stunning graphics though).

• Upvote 1

No, it didn't. If you didn't have Akamai Netsessions installed already, it didn't install it when Patching.

It's for downloading/install of the Client, not for patching.

I didn't have Akamai before the update, and it installed on my computer with this patch. I had to uninstall it after the patch.

I didn't have Akamai before the update, and it installed on my computer with this patch. I had to uninstall it after the patch.

beta client or regular?

Did you get that "levelqualitywatcher64" thing?

beta client or regular?

Did you get that "levelqualitywatcher64" thing?

Regular. I only had the beta client on my previous computer. Your posts about the malware caused me to look for the levelquality thing, but I don't see it, and nothing is coming up on av or malwarebytes scans.

I've left in Riders of Rohan and i've tried to come back at HD release, in both cases the game failed to catch my attention. This time, i've saw some improvements, so i'm back.

I'm waiting for update 15 to have a more accurate point of view.

I've had three characters at level cap so far, with the next highest characters in the early 60s.

With U14, the first character who went through the content normally got to mid-98 and ran out of new things to do.   I've been turning in tasks for rep and today ran a skirmish to try to get more XP, still only 99.5.  I'll keep turning in tasks over the weekend to try to get her to kindred and 100.

Now with the 100% bonus XP on, the second character hit 100 today while only halfway through both the epic and side quest content. My third will hit 100 the same way over the weekend, then all three will be parked indefinitely.

I'm annoyed but not surprised that the quest content in U14 was so skimpy that doing everything with no rest XP (I'm not VIP, I'm premium) I couldn't even make it to level cap to unlock the "end game" stuff (not that I intend to do any of it, it's the principle of the thing).