LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
mtones

Quakecon 7/18 ESO Panel

Well, make of it what we will... the updated info from Quakecon is in.  I watched most of the broadcast over at TF and I just kept wondering "why the hell did they not implement some of this from the get go?"  It just really makes them seem clueless about what needs to happen with the game.

My sub is not up until November, having initially dove in at a 6month try.  I suppose I will hang in for a bit and see until then what some of this is really going to look like, but I don't think it will go over as well as is promised - what is ever? lol

Main thing I see is that given the existing balancing problems in game and and with characters, spellcrafting will no dount lead to a boat load of QQ from some quadrants.  On the other hand, if they really do for once address the stamina builds problem, then I can dust off my old theorycrafted Templar map from beta and revisit my plans for her, along with my Nightblade who has also been gathering dust... but I confess I am not holding my breath.

Seems pretty obvious that the game was launched way too early, and that the changes to come are simply fixing issues already noted, and adding or improving systems. Still not enough to make me buy the game.

Seems pretty obvious that the game was launched way too early, and that the changes to come are simply fixing issues already noted, and adding or improving systems. Still not enough to make me buy the game.

Smart move.  At this point I am not recommending that to anyone unless they are just a diehard TES fan and even then, they would likely not enjoy it unless they get that this is not TES but an MMO based around it.

What is definitely troublesome to me is the general vagery in their responses to direct questions, something coming up more and more often lately.  Given the latest faux pas with the Steam announcement and people's QQ to no end, we will see even more backpeddling on that issue alone...

Over dramatic...

Whilst I will agree with you there are issues, I am glad they are making an effort to fix/improve things.

Still enjoying my time in Tamriel.

Over dramatic...

Whilst I will agree with you there are issues, I am glad they are making an effort to fix/improve things.

Still enjoying my time in Tamriel.

Overdramatic is all the pissing and moaning about a stupid set of pixels in the shape of a dog - and their silly promises now to appease those bitching about it :P

They are not making "efforst to fix/improve things."  They are making changes to a heavily laid out plan (by their own words) which now is being touted as a mistake.  As far as I am concered, I'll believe things improved when I see them in game - not through goofy presentations like the above.

Overdramatic is all the pissing and moaning about a stupid set of pixels in the shape of a dog - and their silly promises now to appease those bitching about it :P

I'll agree with you on that element of moaning.

Perhaps take a break from the game(maybe one of the other myriad of titles thrown around on here is more to your liking?) ;)

It's supposed to be fun, but you do not seem to be having much at present. I do not see the point in playing/doing anything in your spare time if it isn't enjoyable or making you happy.

EDIT: Grammar(again)

I am still having fun with what we do - mostly dungeons only and trials at this point.  I have a few alts I am looking at as well but I am not leveling them too much as I do play other games, lol

Just because I am clear on what I don't appreciate about what ZoS has done, does not mean I am going to bail asap.  That whole line of argument sounds a little too much like what I heard/saw/did with Lotro.  It's not like that ---- yet.    I am curious to see how the spellcrafting addition plays out.  If they do it right then I think it will put in the game what should have been there from the get go, though as I mentioned, I think there will be a lot of people still demanding the difficulty in the game continue to drop in which case, yes I will likely stop playing because they cannot continue to trivialize that and maintain a fun environment in the game for me, and most of my guild feel the same on this issue.   If on the other hand things really do balance out better, then I will be only too happy to recommend the game again to any friend who asks :)

• Upvote 1

It just really makes them seem clueless about what needs to happen with the game.

They are clueless, they never launched an MMO before.

So when is the console version launching? All the concessions made to the PC version for consoles and they are delaying another 6 months. Kind of makes me think we are just beta testing. The sad thing is the console version is doomed to failure.

They are clueless, they never launched an MMO before.

So when is the console version launching? All the concessions made to the PC version for consoles and they are delaying another 6 months. Kind of makes me think we are just beta testing. The sad thing is the console version is doomed to failure.

Hehe.  I think that since they are basically scrapping a huge part of the current system and rolling the new stuff out in phases, there is likely going to be a long delay with the roll out of the console version.  I couldn't find any official statements about it on the usual sites.  Likely until we see the champion system fully in live, I wouldn't expect to find the console ready to go.  I am downloading the PTS this weekend to check out some of what they are talking about.

Another example of Zenimax ineptitude: http://roleplaydomain.com/well-that-was-odd/

TL;DR version: Zenimax sent me - and many others - a link to a special poll they were doing for TESO beta participants who did not buy into the game. The idea was to pick our brains on why we didn't choose to play TESO, so they could improve the game, and - one must assume - perhaps get some of us to eventually buy in.

Unfortunately, all we found, upon clicking the link, was a closed survey. Either they set up the survey wrong (for example, so it could only be done by one person), or they sent us a bad link. In either case, they never rectified the problem and sent us a new survey link, which only tells old beta participants like me one thing: Zenimax really doesn't care about our feedback.

Way to alienate players you were hoping to sell your game to, Zenimax!

One can still enjoy playing a game while being critical of it. Isn't that why most of us ended up on these forums?

Yeah, but just look at Taffy's avatar... blatant fanboy :P