LOTROCommunity

LOTRO Music Chosen For Utah Symphony

Leafblade

http://lotroplayers.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/16/lotro-music-to-be-performed-by-utah-symphony/?utm_content=buffer53f0c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Good for Chance.  He gave a lot of people some good music to listen to while they played.  Amusing final paragraph though:

In a related note, during today’s executive producers live stream, Sapience and Rowan were asked if Chance Thomas would again be contributing music to LOTRO in the future. While no commitments were made, both Sapience and Rowan indicated that they have been in recent communication with Mr. Thomas. Hopefully we’ll be treated to more Chance Thomas classics in the near future!

Tranlation: "Uh, we like the guy, but can't afford him anymore."

I don't know. In terms of any future with LotRO, being a good composer with your name tied to a dying, third-rate, and extremely mismanaged game title may not be a great thing on one's resume.

• Upvote 1

What possible reason could Sapience have to talk to him.

"Im in charge of HR."

No you're not.

"Uh yea... hes my best mate."

Try again.

"Im.. im a very imp...important person"

Good for you.

My guess was because he is the CM and it would be his job to relay that LOTRO music will be played live.

Ah so hes doing the livestream and so therefore would make decisions regarding who will and will not be working for the company in the future, got it.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant he was in contact with Thomas regarding relaying information about the symphony to the player base. He has no say whatsoever in Thomas' future projects with Turbine. That's what Rowan (Executive Producer) was talking about.