LOTROCommunity
vr00mie

Sapience leaves LOTRO

and the world heaved a sigh of relief, i wish him the best of luck but i cannot help but feel relieved.

Heh.

Going on to fuck up Extra life. Good for him. Since LotRO's Extra life event thingie was buggered up.

I can't say if it'll be great for the remains of LotRO OF just because so much permanent damage was already done over there, and whether the new/remaining CMs will just continue the reign of idiocy.

and the world heaved a sigh of relief, i wish him the best of luck but i cannot help but feel relieved.

The world? No, the world doesn't give a crap. And I don't wish him luck since he had way too much good luck in staying in Turbine as it was.

Heh.

Going on to fuck up Extra life. Good for him. Since LotRO's Extra life event thingie was buggered up.

I can't say if it'll be great for the remains of LotRO OF just because so much permanent damage was already done over there, and whether the new/remaining CMs will just continue the reign of idiocy.

The world? No, the world doesn't give a crap. And I don't wish him luck since he had way too much good luck in staying in Turbine as it was.

I can only imagine the heat is responsible for your vitirol.

FINALLY.  I really hope that things start to get to a more sane environment on the official forums.

Make T2/T2C content more difficult: check

Make landscape content a little less faceroll: check  (Needs more work though..)

Get rid of Sapience: check

Now all we need are real raids and instances and return skills and mechanics that were removed with the class de-vamp of Helm's Derp.  I'd like a new game engine, too.

He was a real ass at managing that community, but considering what he's trying to do for children, if that's true of course and if that organisation is not a scam, I wish him good luck.

I just hope he won't manage that community the same way...

EDIT: and Frelorn is/was the community manager for Asheron's Call, he's not a bad guy. Definitely much better than Rick.

I wish him luck, the Extra Life thing is obviously something he cares about and it's a good thing when you can find a job like that.

FINALLY. I really hope that things start to get to a more sane environment on the official forums.

Make T2/T2C content more difficult: check

Make landscape content a little less faceroll: check (Needs more work though..)

Get rid of Sapience: check

Now all we need are real raids and instances and return skills and mechanics that were removed with the class de-vamp of Helm's Derp. I'd like a new game engine, too.

LOL, and pigs may fly also my old friend :P

However should the above come to pass, and they also remove the god awful RNG loot RockX introduced, I also would return.

Now let's get back to reality shall we :D

Serious note, best of luck Rick, you wont be overly missed.

Late edit: whilst we are at it let's reverse F2P also, or am I going to far? *snicker*

• Upvote 1

EDIT: and Frelorn is/was the community manager for Asheron's Call, he's not a bad guy. Definitely much better than Rick.

This sounds great.

Had no idea who this guy is, so glad the first thing I hear about him is good

Well, he will be community manager for that children's project.

Am I the only one who raises the question whether that is good for that project?

He's really bad at being a community manager, and he causes really bad blood with the userbase. That might be OK if the userbase is paying (or then-formerly paying) customers, but it sounds like a really bad idea to piss off people in a community that holds the volunteers and donors for a children in need project.

• Upvote 1

Look, the guy isn't a Complete and Utter Nasty Type. If someone leaves any job to go work for what's essentially a charity, you have to have something deep down inside that makes you a decent human being.

You might not like the way he had performed doing his job, but seriously, there has been way too much personal crap flung his way.

Criticize him on what you consider poor job performance and leave the personal shit behind.

Personally, I think most of us can agree that there have been cases on the OF's where the moderation has been too heavy handed.

I contested the infraction I got last year, which of course didn't do anything.

In any case, it's a clean slate, in my book. We have a new Community Manager.

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what I'm wondering, Darmokk. People are congratulating HIM, but I'm only thinking if that can really be good for the donors and donees.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, if I read that OF post correctly, they're effectively combining all the CM roles into one?

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what I'm wondering, Darmokk. People are congratulating HIM, but I'm only thinking if that can really be good for the donors and donees.

Their website has been slashdotted now, can't check.

In a way that reinforced the view that the game isn't dead. Enough people follow Sapience's announcement to have a look to bring down their website.

Also, maybe he got the boot for his behavior from the recently new executive producer?

Well, he will be community manager for that children's project.

Am I the only one who raises the question whether that is good for that project?

He's really bad at being a community manager, and he causes really bad blood with the userbase. That might be OK if the userbase is paying (or then-formerly paying) customers, but it sounds like a really bad idea to piss off people in a community that holds the volunteers and donors for a children in need project.

One would hope that because it's something that is obviously really important to him, he will step up to the plate.

Also, one would think it would be completely different managing a Gaming community and a Charity one.

Their website is back. They say "forum coming soon".

I really, really hope that those guys didn't invite a cuckoo's egg.

Good riddance. I also hope he changes his ways when working at his new job. Hopefully he'll be happier and not have to deal with anything contentious as he's proved that is very much not his strong point.

Can someone please post what the link says please? The OF is banned at work..... :P

There are a lot going on with LOTRO this year. Update 14 is here and we’re in Gondor! Our Executive Producer Aaron Campbell laid out the rest of 2014 and gave some insights into 2015 and beyond in his most recent post.

Now I would like to update you all on some changes happening on the Community team. Frelorn, whom I’m sure many of you already know , will be returning to manage the LOTRO community. He’s going to be taking over all the projects currently in the works for community in addition to bringing in his own ideas and programs. Frelorn will be making his own post and re-introducing himself to you very soon.

I’ll be taking on something very different. I’ll be joining Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals as their new Community Manager for Extra life. I think anyone who has been around the past three years knows this is a cause I’m deeply passionate about. It was not an easy decision as you guys are the most passionate community in gaming (we have an award to prove it!) and being your Community Manager for the past six years has been a tremendous honor. Frelorn is a lucky guy to be able to join you on your journey to the Black Gate and the destruction of the Ring.

I’m more than happy to answer any questions, as I’m sure Frelorn is, but I’ll start with two I think most people will have.

What about the SHIELD live Streams?

We’ll finish what we started. I will need to change some of the dates and will try to speed things up. Maybe we can even sneak in some weekend runs, but we’ll get it done! Yes, the fastest time will still get a Festival of their choice for a week.

What about Extra Life 2014?

Everything promised will happen. From the titles, to the cloaks, to mounts, and the pets. Even that tattoo will happen if we make it to $100k. I still encourage everyone to participate, donate, join Team Turbine, and show the Extra Life Community that the LOTRO Community is the gold standard when it comes to gamers helping kids.

While Sap had minimal direct impact on the game I hope it results in a more open / accepting / valued community for all views and play styles.

Wish him every success in all efforts towards helping sick kids,

Good luck Richard Heaton. 

This will have zero affect on the O board.  Threads will be moved, posts will be deleted, people will be banned, positive players will still be allowed to troll.   The guy running the DDO forum runs his site the same way Richard did.  Possibly a company mandate.

He received a lot of grief from the posters on this site.  I still believe he was doing his job as dictated to him by Turbine/WB.  Keep the forum positive and take reasonable feedback.  I begged the guy to ban me and he just wouldn't.  My most memorable moments were when he quoted my troll posts and took them seriously.  After all that trolling I subjected his forum to he only deleted 1 post.  I will truly miss him.  

Marines21gunsalute01.jpg

I wouldn't worry though because a week from now the Lotro Elite will be sucking up to the new guy as if he is some great improvement. 

I wouldn't worry though because a week from now the Lotro Elite will be sucking up to the new guy as if he is some great improvement. 

Indeed. Looking forward to see how Frickinuck etc al desperately try to recover their position as teacher's pet. Also hoping that the likes of Damojo and RKL lose their top cover.

• Upvote 2

Good luck Richard Heaton. 

This will have zero affect on the O board.  Threads will be moved, posts will be deleted, people will be banned, positive players will still be allowed to troll.   The guy running the DDO forum runs his site the same way Richard did.  Possibly a company mandate.

Well, let's see. I completely agree that the persons on DDO and LOTRO were not sole responsible, although Sapience really was extra assful.

However, don't forget there is a new Executive Producer and some game changes that are to the benefit of the player, such at least some sanity for LIs >= level 100.

We really can't rule out that things get a little better. And/or that Sapience was fired.