LOTROCommunity
vr00mie

Sapience leaves LOTRO

Ok, I'll send out a memo to the "gay mafia" that we should just "let it go" because Doro said so.

I'll make sure that memo reaches those countries where being labelled gay comes with a death sentence or jail time.  I'm sure they would appreciate your point of view and find it easy to just let it go.

Whether you agree with it or not, the word gay as it refers to someone being a homosexual has a negative connotation throughout the world.  Its not going to change because you make a bullshit statement that all TV, Film and gaming now use the word gay as another insult that has nothing to do with homosexuality (which is idiotic in itself on so many levels).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Exactly Anglion. Their mentality here is the very reason the United States, and several of its individual states, are at an all-time historical low economically, socially, intellectually, professionally, ethically and lastly morally.

Citation needed.

No citation needed. Do your own homework.  I'm tired of hand leading people to reality.  That, in and of itself, is yet ANOTHER sign of these bleak times.

How much more should a country endure before its population is able to function on its own without government assistance?

No citation needed. Do your own homework.  I'm tired of hand leading people to reality.  That, in and of itself, is yet ANOTHER sign of these bleak times.

How much more should a country endure before its population is able to function on its own without government assistance?

You make a bogus claim with nothing to back it up beyond your own retarded subjective speculations, and then tell other people they need to do their own homework? Does your routine end with 'thank you, I'll be here all week'?

Exactly Anglion. Their mentality here is the very reason the United States, and several of its individual states, are at an all-time historical low economically, socially, intellectually, professionally, ethically and lastly morally.

Who decides what is moral and  what is ethical, you?

You make a bogus claim with nothing to back it up beyond your own retarded subjective speculations, and then tell other people they need to do their own homework? Does your routine end with 'thank you, I'll be here all week'?

It's come to this...I'm on Team Doro on this one.

Worsret, I'm having a hard time taking you seriously...you go from celebrating the idea of staying young forever by spouting childish insults in game chat, to talking about how we are all on the journey to love and be loved....to how the United States is pretty much the equivalent of Sodom and Gomorrah.  So I just have one question to ask--can I get some of that shit you are smoking?

I should point out all the flaws in American society, in its contemporary government, in its domestic policies... in its foreign policies... in the dumbing down of its population... its obsession and reliance upon welfare...  in its erosion of the U.S. Constitution/individual rights and state rights... all because some people refuse to pay attention to what is going on in America/the World?

Mmmkay.

I see what you all are doing now.  Sitting on your haunches watching the once great Republic falter and fall.

I should point out all the flaws in American society, in its contemporary government, in its domestic policies... in its foreign policies... in the dumbing down of its population... its obsession and reliance upon welfare...  in its erosion of the U.S. Constitution/individual rights and state rights... all because some people refuse to pay attention to what is going on in America/the World?

Mmmkay.

I see what you all are doing now.  Sitting on your haunches watching the once great Republic falter and fall.

why the fuck are you discussing America (which some people on this site don't live in and thus couldn't give less of half a rotting shit about) on a forum like this

and for the record, you shouldn't. go point out all the flaws somewhere else.

• Upvote 3

Mmmkay.

How do flaws in anything validate your claim that the US is 'at an all time low'?

Economically, they're much stronger than a number of points in its short history and is currently the richest country in the world (though 7th compared to population size).

Socially, they're the strongest they've ever been with more rights for their citizens than any decade previous, and less discrimination than ever before.

Intellectually, the majority are morons but the minority are still building bigger and better things. It's the land of tech firms that dominate the global market. And fuck it, they put a damn robot on another planet!

Professionally, I don't even know what the fuck you mean and you likely just threw it in for the sake of words. What the fuck is an 'all time low' professionally? Less people in a profession than ever? Less jobs than ever? You're throwing out blanket statements without backing it up in the slightest.

Ethically and morally are basically the same thing and are entirely subjective, meaning there is no generic 'high or low'.

I'm genuinely starting to think that you were raised as an experiment, to see if a human really could spend their entire life communicating only through their anus.

(note to everyone else: my defending of the US will NOT be a regular thing)

• Upvote 2

why the fuck are you discussing America (which some people on this site don't live in and thus couldn't give less of half a rotting shit about) on a forum like this

and for the record, you shouldn't. go point out all the flaws somewhere else.

Indeed...

Mmmkay.

Can't you just open a new thread and keep all this stuff about what's right and wrong about the USA today etc in there?

It would do us all a favour, especially those of us who believe that for those of us on the other side of the pond, that our liberal Western European society with it's long history of culture, decency & modesty, democracy, social security, racial tollerance and an ability not to have to walk around with a firearm in public from the age of three is perhaps just a tad more superior than that which spawned McDonalds, herpies, friedchickentakeawaysoneverystreetcorner, subprime mortgages, GoergeDubyaBush and stupic fucking interbred rednecks...

(Apologies to anyone else from the USA but I get sick and tired  of hearing about how "republican" politics on forums have saved the world....)

• Upvote 1

(note to everyone else: my defending of the US will NOT be a regular thing)

Whew! For a moment there I was worried I'd found myself in some strange parallel universe. ;)

Can't you just open a new thread and keep all this stuff about what's right and wrong about the USA today etc in there?

It would do us all a favour, especially those of us who believe that for those of us on the other side of the pond, that our liberal Western European society with it's long history of culture, decency & modesty, democracy, social security, racial tollerance and an ability not to have to walk around with a firearm in public from the age of three is perhaps just a tad more superior than that which spawned McDonalds, herpies, friedchickentakeawaysoneverystreetcorner, subprime mortgages, GoergeDubyaBush and stupic fucking interbred rednecks...

(Apologies to anyone else from the USA but I get sick and tired  of hearing about how "republican" politics on forums have saved the world....)

Whoa whoa whoa... are you trying to say that imperialism and rampant consumerism aren't the highest ideals, given to Americans, God's chosen people, from His very hands? ;)

(I didn't realize we were responsible for herpes, though.  We really are bastards.)

I responded to someone's inquiry... my deepest apologies for throwing America around in here.  That better now?  No, it won't be... because far too many people here are just like those in the LotRO forum... hyper-insecure individuals who, for some inexplicable reason, project their insecurities upon everyone around them and attack anyone who says anything not liked (by those same hyper-insecure individuals).

Quit projecting.

I responded to someone's inquiry... my deepest apologies for throwing America around in here.  That better now?  No, it won't be... because far too many people here are just like those in the LotRO forum... hyper-insecure individuals who, for some inexplicable reason, project their insecurities upon everyone around them and attack anyone who says anything not liked (by those same hyper-insecure individuals).

Quit projecting.

as far as I can tell you started talking about the use of the word gay then started giving off a rant about America these days

get back on your meds

• Upvote 1

Wow, what an eye opener this thread has been. Frankly, the incredibly judgmental attitudes , outrageous stereotypes and generalizations are fucking disgusting. It’s absolutely mind boggling to me how any of you can claim superiority for yourself or your country, when you make these ridiculous and baseless statements.

Personally, I don’t look at any country as superior over another. I look at people on an individual basis. I look at my friends, my family, my acquaintances and coworkers. None of them seem to fit inside this narrow viewpoint you have. I come from a family that emigrated from Italy. They came here, worked their god damned asses off to make something of themselves. They were offered opportunities here that they couldn't dream of back home.  None of the bullshit you post in your comments relate to them in any way. Welfare? Ha, go ahead and tell my 65 year old father, who built his own construction company and yet still does the labor of a 20 year old effortlessly simply because he loves to, he relied on public assistance. Or tell my mother who didn't even speak English when she came here and somehow ended up working her way up as a managing director with an Ivy League education. 

If you can look at whatever country you are from, and seriously claim its people are just perfect in every way, you are seriously living in a fantasy world. I've been all over Europe. Decency and Modesty? Racial Tolerance? You going to honestly say that this is how EVERYONE is there?  What fucking planet do you live on? Every country has its share of flaws. You are flat out wrong to single out America as the worst and claim that all, or even most, people are of a certain fashion that your deluded mind has created.

I, and those I surround myself with, are direct contradictions to every single one of your stupid claims. Get off your high horses. 

Wow, what an eye opener this thread has been. Frankly, the incredibly judgmental attitudes , outrageous stereotypes and generalizations are fucking disgusting. It’s absolutely mind boggling to me how any of you can claim superiority for yourself or your country, when you make these ridiculous and baseless statements.

Personally, I don’t look at any country as superior over another. I look at people on an individual basis. I look at my friends, my family, my acquaintances and coworkers. None of them seem to fit inside this narrow viewpoint you have. I come from a family that emigrated from Italy. They came here, worked their god damned asses off to make something of themselves. They were offered opportunities here that they couldn't dream of back home.  None of the bullshit you post in your comments relate to them in any way. Welfare? Ha, go ahead and tell my 65 year old father, who built his own construction company and yet still does the labor of a 20 year old effortlessly simply because he loves to, he relied on public assistance. Or tell my mother who didn't even speak English when she came here and somehow ended up working her way up as a managing director with an Ivy League education. 

If you can look at whatever country you are from, and seriously claim its people are just perfect in every way, you are seriously living in a fantasy world. I've been all over Europe. Decency and Modesty? Racial Tolerance? You going to honestly say that this is how EVERYONE is there?  What fucking planet do you live on? Every country has its share of flaws. You are flat out wrong to single out America as the worst and claim that all, or even most, people are of a certain fashion that your deluded mind has created.

I, and those I surround myself with, are direct contradictions to every single one of your stupid claims. Get off your high horses. 

Who the fuck are you responding to?

No-one here is making any claim that Europe is a bastion of Decency/Racial Tolerance or Modesty.

How about you stop huffing whatever it is you're huffing on.

I was using a little irony and sarcasm in my rant and thought it would be fun to present a contrary though similar "pro European liberal" view. Sometimes it's best not to take what I post at face value :)

This is the funniest thing I've read on the internet in a long time.

It is almost as if the author is entirely unfamiliar with the history of Europe.

I know when I think of racial tolerance that 'Europe' immediately springs to mind.

As for inbreds - yeah, we have those but they're in the woods and not in tax payer funded palaces.

Europe... LOL... I mean, it's okay to love your land but there is absolutely nothing 'superior' about it.