LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

Molag Bal nerfed?

I just beat Molag Bal on my NB last night and it sure seemed a hell of a lot easier than when I had to beat him twice (yes twice) on my DK.

What  I did/see that's different. Oh yeah, spoilers, blah blah blah, if you haven't reached Molag Bal by now you probably won't be reading this thread any ways.

I let Manimarco live and had Sai sacrificed. NB Siphon skill heals you back to 100% since the size of the heal is based on damage that you do and all your damage is buffed. Still this fight was a joke, way too easy. Any NB's that did this fight a month or 2 ago?

When I beat MB on my DK twice (first time the server hiccuped and reset the whole instance right after the cut scene of me killing him) it was a freaking, hard, annoying fight. I let Manimarco die and sacrificed Varen (wish I could kill off Tharn!) Only heal I had was Green Dragon Blood and I just kited with a bow, did the same on my NB.

I felt accomplishment afterwards, as I should after beating the main boss of the game. After beating him on my NB I felt cheated.

What I'm trying to figure out is, was there a huge nerf, or is Siphon just that OP when damage is buffed?

A couple guild mates that have alts did mention this fight being very easy to do now, so perhaps you are right in noting the difference.  I haven't been back to this quest with any alts yet myself.  What I do know is that the overall damage output of most all bosses as gone down quite a bit since the last nerf that was supposed to "fix" things being "too difficult." *sigh*

I quit playing because the bosses were too hard for my Templar.  I kept dying and dying.  On the exit poll (which was very good btw), I put that the solo play was too difficult.

J/K I just really wanted to troll Spidey.

Hoping to re-sub to ESO when I get to 100 in LotRO.

I found him very easy to kill recently(but then again I didn't find him particularly riough even the first time round, provided one stay out of the red telegraphs and manage magicka efficiently)

Then again, I was playing a DK, so I suppose that was to be expected ;)

I do also believe he has been nerfed somewhat.

I did it both in the first month and then a week ago. Recent try was with stage 4 vamp sorcerer, I was expecting to have some problems, but I didn't even had to switch to restoration staff (died couple of times because got stuck and got burned, and another time missed to ping-pong one titan, which was hitting me from behind). It seemed, that Molag Bal is doing less damage and its health drains faster, so I suspect it is nerfed at least a bit (like everything else, it seems? I played during first month and returned to ESO just recently).

In general this fight looks like interactive cutscene really in any case (maybe just took longer and required more caution before nerf), as Amulet of Kings buff is really godly. By the way, the problem I had in this solo instance was in the torture room with Faolchu. When I freed him, my 4 companion NPCs were just standing and watching me getting slaughtered. As it seemed to be completely undoable solo with my current build, after couple of tries I did let him be. :)