LOTROCommunity

Walking (slowly) away from Nexus

The MMO Troll

So I guess I made a mistake buying an annual subscription to "Wildstar", because I am quickly finding that this is not a very fun game. Sure, it has its moments. There's some good humor in the storylines, and the game plays well enough, requiring more skill than the average MMO does, but I'm just not enjoying it. I'll log in for 15 minutes or so, play a little bit, and get so bored that I just log the hell out again.

It's weird, because this is exactly the sort of game I should enjoy... I just don't. I'm going to shut down my subscription, so I don't forget and have it roll over again in 11 months, and still try to play the game here or there as I have a mind to, but unless things change significantly - and I don't see that happening - my time in "Wildstar" is effectively over.

I got my hands on one of those 7day free trials recently, buy must admit I have struggled to get into it. I just cannot get over the style, and coming from ESO, I found the combat clumsy.

I can however see how some players may find the game fun, it is just not for me.

Admittedly most of my gaming time is spent in Tamriel however.

Sorry to hear is isn't quite working out for you quite as planned Troll.

Perhaps a few months down the line they may have made it more appealing?

At the very least, time is on your side hehe :)

Smart move about cancelling your annual sub though, I'd imagine that could be quite an amount.

I've struggled to even get through introduction in Wildstar when I've tried it in beta.  

Overally it was one of worst MMORPG experiences I've had from games that are at least theoretically 'AAA' - althrough opposite to you - Wildstar 'on paper' it also a mmorpg that is definately not for me.  (WoW clone,  stupid quests, telegraphs, cartoony graphics, not my kind of humour, LFG tools, add-ons, WoW-like end-game, EVE-like official gold selling, have I mentioned cartoon graphics already?,  non-coeherent world, sc-fi, fantasy & pop-culture mash-up,  meh combat, etc)

I would've surely enjoy hard interesting difficulty later in the game I so much heard of, but since I don't like preety much everything else about Wildstar, then obviously I decided not to play it.

I start to wonder, how succesfull Wildstar is actually going to be?    It got a lot of hype, especially on US market (I've observed much less interest in EU), but I wonder how it will really fare middle&long term.

Good that you've cancelled your subscription if you don't like it, but honestly I don't understand why you would buy 1-year sub in first place.

I've struggled to even get through introduction in Wildstar when I've tried it in beta.  

Overally it was one of worst MMORPG experiences I've had from games that are at least theoretically 'AAA' - althrough opposite to you - Wildstar 'on paper' it also a mmorpg that is definately not for me.  (WoW clone,  stupid quests, telegraphs, cartoony graphics, not my kind of humour, LFG tools, add-ons, WoW-like end-game, EVE-like official gold selling, have I mentioned cartoon graphics already?,  non-coeherent world, sc-fi, fantasy & pop-culture mash-up,  meh combat, etc)

I would've surely enjoy hard interesting difficulty later in the game I so much heard of, but since I don't like preety much everything else about Wildstar, then obviously I decided not to play it.

I start to wonder, how succesfull Wildstar is actually going to be?    It got a lot of hype, especially on US market (I've observed much less interest in EU), but I wonder how it will really fare middle&long term.

Good that you've cancelled your subscription if you don't like it, but honestly I don't understand why you would buy 1-year sub in first place.

I enjoyed the hell out of it at first, but now it's just not nearly as much fun, and one can only play the first 15 levels so many times.

I already left this game. Uninstalled and not looking back.

Not going into details as to why this game doesn't suit me but there are many things. One of the main reasons is that PvP is just a ability spam, not requiring any skill.

I'm just dissapoibted with this game.

I was really hyped up for this one after the first trailer they released, however knowing the producers I was already predicting I'd prefer them to make a movie out of it, not a game. So no surprise there. My interest waned extremely quickly when they started talking details.