LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

Archeage

True.

At least with a game like ArcheAge, you have a huge sandbox to play in as well.

I love it. I have a really good time in ArcheAge actually. But I stay far away from endgame gear and all the gambling around it. I'm the guy that has a great time in Las Vegas without gambling a dime.

​On which server do you play on chap?

I'm on Nui, and hence am one of the unlucky sods that faces 'evolution' :)

Like you, I do tend to avoid the end-game gear chase, and have a blast exploring the various aspects this game provides; all the time mindful of the potential cash-grabs that these SOB's are trying to pull.

My main is on Dahuta. He's safe from merge for now.

I have a labor/loyalty points alt on Ezi. I play her to get apex's only. She'll be merged, but only really needs one 16x16.

I haven't spent real money on AA since October 2014. The 'alt on other side of ocean' trick really works well for me.

Aaaaaaaand..

We have a new Community Manager for ArcheAge, someone familiar to folks here: Celestrata.

I like her.

Good luck to her, I read the AA forums occasionally and they can get a little... salty.

Just a little. LMAO. What a salty bunch.

Aaaaaaaand..

We have a new Community Manager for ArcheAge, someone familiar to folks here: Celestrata.

I like her.

​So another turbine employee flees the sinking ship.

Apparently some of the AA viewiers went a tad ballistic after seeing Celestrata and her 'uniqueness' in her first Twitch stream.

Hehe, suppose Trion could've done a lot worse with their choice of CM.

Agree with you guys WRT the AA forums... makes the old Turbine/LOTRO boards seem rather placid in nature.

I'm trying this game for the first time. Not the Archeage Unchained but the original Archeage. It seems this game has gone through a variety of iterations since its first launch. This game is 5 or 6 years old, but it well out performs that lagged existence of LotRO. I'm in the mid 30s level atm, so I haven't seen nearly all what it is about. Things I like about it. Its a brand new world to me. It isn't seemingly based on psycho-fucked manipulations for revenue. My account is F2P, but I have learned I can continue to play for free, if I choose to and gain all the perks of being VIP. I like it is sandbox or should I say sandboxy. I haven't learned much about how gear upgrades work or even how all the features with skills interact. There is a lot to retain on character builds I have yet to include in my overall picture.

The community seems decent. At least from observing the public chats. Players offer help and info when ask to some degree when a question is ask in the chat. I'm still learning the social structure which will ultimately decide how I want to exist in Archeage. Choices, its all about choices. Learning those choices opens up that world.

Landscape: Houses of assorted variations and in lots of places. Land purchasing. Land holding. Conflict whether it be pve of pvp is kind of nice. Especially after lingering on to the carebear existence of LotRO.

Crafting: Whoa lol it's a lot. In content, depth, and choice. Nearly to the point of overwhelming compared to LotRO's shit crafting. I look forward to expanding on this beyond my beginner status.

I have yet to encounter an adversarial situation verses another player. I'll no doubt receive an ass kicking cause I majorly suck, but its ok cause conflict is partly why I chose this game.

I found a good site with recent info on every part of the game. The guy has the whole game broken down and makes vid clips combined with his websites text info. I'm sure I'll be back there many times for referencing.

https://www.paradoxgaming.net/aa101

Overall I think so far it is a decent game. How long I stay depends on if I find an active guild and or make some friends. I chose the original Archeage because I knew  from reading gaming reviews most of the aggressive pvpers would have migrated to the newer Archeage Unchained. Doing this gives me time to learn and not be pwned right out of the starting blocks.

I tried several other MMO games since leaving LotRO. None of them kept any interest for more than a few days. One notable refer from a LotRO player was Guild Wars2. After about 50 hours, I decided I didn't like it.

I realized I don't care for linear theme park MMOs. I don't see me ever playing another one again. So, for now at least, I'll keep on with this game until something new in development releases.