LOTROCommunity

Ferguson, Missouri

Thunderloin

Love the cop hate in here.

Suspect A commits a strong arm (felony) robbery of a local mart with his two co-conspirators. During. Which. time Suspect A beat on the store's clerk. Suspect A, and his two robbery confederates, walk off and home counting their robbery spoils.

As the three robbery suspects enter their hood... random chance has them encounter a single man patrol vehicle (cop) who contacts them for being pedestrians in a roadway (a vehicle code violation in EVERY U.S. state). Unbeknownst to this lone cop, he just ran into three felons still pumped up from their recent store robbery.

This lone patrol cop simply tells/asks these three felons to leave the roadway. There are terse words from Suspect A in response to the cop's request/demand. At this point, Suspect A prevents the cop from exiting his patrol vehicle by pinning his driver door closed. Suspect A then repeatedly punches the cop in the face crushing the cops face. All three felons apparently walk away as the injured cop collects his wits and emerges from his patrol vehicle to YET AGAIN confront the three felons.

Suspect A, upon hearing the cop ordering him to stop, turns and bumrushes the cop. The cop, no doubt reeling in pain due to his crushed facial bones, elects to shoot Suspect A thus killing him. Suspect A who stood at least 6'3" tall and weighed roughly three hundred pounds.

Sorry, Suspect A got his just desserts.

Now the cop, who did the RIGHT THING, will forever be hunted... will forever be victimized by ignorant people... all because he did the RIGHT THING.

All the blind haters out their should take the time to educate themselves before believing the media and anarchists who both (generally) spew nothing but lies.

Support your good cops. Fry the bad ones. Oh... but wait... we don't even try/convict/impeach our crooked politicans and President.

BOA seriously bud... did you join this forum just to spew anarchistic rhetoric?

This is closer to the truth of what happened than most of the other things I've seen here. It's convenient to blame cops and scream racial hate, it lines the pockets of attorneys so what the hell right? The kid's attorney made the statement that the Police were trying to tarnish this kid's reputation by providing the security camera footage of the convenience store he just robbed, seriously?

While the cops face wasn't crushed he WAS beaten as reported by an on scene news agencies (KMOV of St Louis) and not just speculation created by a bunch of self serving right/left wing bloggers. I'm pretty sure the cop was not beaten AFTER he shot the guy and the cop WAS treated for injuries after the incident.

My own opinion of this whole fiasco is that this kid was on the wrong side of the law for many years and statistics bear out that someone following his CHOSEN path would end up in prison and/or causing harm to other individuals. While I've personally seen too much death to wish it on anyone, this kid was complicit in the end results of this incident. The cop wasn't at fault here, I would have done the same thing under those same circumstances.

The cop's face WAS CRUSHED.  He has multi-fractured/broken orbital bone(s). 

When is the last time anyone here boxed?  I boxed for over twenty years... and I, never, experienced anyone suffering a broken orbital bone.  A broken Lamina Propria yes... but not broken orbital bones.  A punch which breaks someone's orbital bone(s) is, no doubt, a CRUSHING blow.

The cop's face was crushed.  I wonder what any of these naysayers would do if they were in the same situation as this cop... probably "seeing stars" if not clinched in sheer pain... I'm actually surprised he gathered himself enough to confront Suspect A once more... 

Nice to know that you think gunning down a young unarmed man with his hands up is the right thing to do.  Maybe the cops will see a member of your family as a threat someday and your family member will get his "just desserts".

The cop's face wasn't crushed, btw.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/43751_Jim_Hofts_Unsourced_Claim_That_Officer_Darren_Wilson_Had_an_Orbital_Blowout_Fracture_of_the_Eye_Socket

Also, no ambulance was called for Wilson, and no first aid was administered by other officers, which seems odd if he had indeed suffered this type of serious injury — or any injury at all.

The article also shows that the x-ray that purported to be of Wilson's face was a doctored image of some unknown person's x-ray taken at the University of Iowa (which is not, in case you're wondering, anywhere near Ferguson).

There were also only two people - Brown and his friend - involved in the encounter with the cop, not three.

Anyway, I'll support a good cop when I hear about one.

Like this guy: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-officer-files-police-brutality-lawsuit/

...and...

He's a rarity, though, and even he only stepped forward because he was assaulted himself.

Chris Dorner may have been the only other good one in recent years, but we'll never get to hear his story at trial because other law enforcement officials burned him alive instead (but not before eight officers put 103 bullets into a blue truck with two women in it because they thought it was Dorner's grey truck!).  Plus I recall a story of a couple cop whistleblowers in New Jersey (?) that pretty much got drummed out of the force for having the audacity to question the violent, abusive, and illegal policies of their own department, although I can't remember their names.

For the most part, the #ACAB (all cops are bastards) hashtag is entirely accurate, because of the rest of the "men" in blue live up to it.

I'm going to save myself a few hours of linking and just link the Policing the Police Facebook page here.  It has a lot of stories of just the recent horrible shit cops have been up to.

You have identified yourself as anti-cop.  Congratulations.

Your arguments/claims are not accurate.  The cop involved has a broken orbital bone.  That takes the force of a crushing blow (or blows) to occur.  Thus, face crushed.  Period.

Furthermore, if you think an unarmed man can't take out a cop.  WRONG.  You have no clue what it is like being a cop then because cops must REACT to direct threats they cannot be PROACTIVE.  Thus, this multi-time felon got his just desserts for beating down a cop and then trying to yet once again when the cop re-contacted him.

Oh, and by the way, Christopher Dorner wasn't a good cop.  Not by a long shot.  He assassinated people in cold blood.  Talk about maniacal...

Good cops hold corrupt cops to task LEGALLY.  How do I know this?  I've seen it done firsthand.  Furthermore, good cops are ones you know nothing about because you don't live/work the job.  All non-cop citizens hear about are bad cops.  Thus, most citizens haven't a clue as to what being a cop is like (particularly in the United States and particular within high crime areas).

Shall I further break down the crime rates by gender and by race to prove my point(s) further?  I don't really want to because I'm sure the criminal statistics (which are EMPIRICAL DATA) would further enrage the cop haters around here.

By no means am I saying/implying all cops are good... in fact... too many of them are rotten to the core.  What I am saying is this... if a good cop does a good job... then support him... he is an uncommon breed.  In this case, we don't have all the details as of yet.... but if one pays close attention to the information out there they can piece together the story as I did.

Furthemore, one of the "citizens" claiming Suspect A was gunned down in cold blood... was the very one who robbed the store alongside Suspect A and was the very one present when Suspect A beat the cop down.

Sorry, but when responsibility and accountability are thrown out the window we have but chaos (rather than civilization).  When chaos reigns supreme we have serious problems... just ask any combat veteran/resident of a Third World nation.  Therein lies the very problem with present day United States... rarely are Americans taking responsibility for their actions/misdeeds and rarer still are miscreants/n'er do wells held accountable.

The cop's face WAS CRUSHED.  He has multi-fractured/broken orbital bone(s). 

When is the last time anyone here boxed?  I boxed for over twenty years... and I, never, experienced anyone suffering a broken orbital bone.  A broken Lamina Propria yes... but not broken orbital bones.  A punch which breaks someone's orbital bone(s) is, no doubt, a CRUSHING blow.

The cop's face was crushed.  I wonder what any of these naysayers would do if they were in the same situation as this cop... probably "seeing stars" if not clinched in sheer pain... I'm actually surprised he gathered himself enough to confront Suspect A once more... 

Not sure if English is your primary language, but crushing generally involves force from at least two sides i.e. a person between a car and a wall. It's about compression. A punch, with force coming from one side and nothing on the other side is not crushing.

To be fair I couldn't find anything authoritative on the fractured orbital bone claim, the best I could find was that the Officer was beaten and his face had substantial swelling. There are pictures that were taken at the Hospital where he was treated that shows the Officer's face which will be provided to the Grand Jury, we might see those after the Grand Jury has been dismissed.

There also appears to be a video taken by a local Ferguson resident that directly contradicts the claim that Brown had his hands up when he was shot. I've not see that either just read several claims that it existed and would be Grand Jury evidence for the Officer's defense. That Ferguson resident's video along with the security video from the robbery Brown committed might be overwhelming enough to remove the idea the Officer should be charged with a crime...

Not sure if English is your primary language, but crushing generally involves force from at least two sides i.e. a person between a car and a wall. It's about compression. A punch, with force coming from one side and nothing on the other side is not crushing.

Generally involves?  You use "generally" and then make a post trying to counter mine?

Apparently, English (nor American culture for that matter) is your forte.

A crushing blow is anything resulting in serious injury/death.  Analagous to this would be an object of mass free falling from a substantial height and crushing whatever or whomever it lands upon... with the impacted object being crushed between the free falling object of mass and the ground below.

I believe your definition of crushing needs revisiting.

Generally involves?  You use "generally" and then make a post trying to counter mine?

I used the term just to be polite. Better than outright saying 'it doesn't mean what you think it means'.

Apparently, English (nor American culture for that matter) is your forte.

Yup.

A crushing blow is anything resulting in serious injury/death.  Analagous to this would be an object of mass free falling from a substantial height and crushing whatever or whomever it lands upon... with the impacted object being crushed between the free falling object of mass and the ground below.

Thanks for countering your own point. A crushing below involves crushing. Punching, with nothing behind the head, regardless of injury/death, is not crushing.

I believe your definition of crushing needs revisiting.

Tell that to the dictionary.

• Upvote 1

How about you walk up to Mike Tyson and ask him, politely, to punch you in the eye with maximum force.

When you wake up from your E.R. stint... let me... let us... know if his blow was "crushing".

Seriously, stop with the grammar nitpicking.

"Crushing blow" has been part of the boxing vernacular for... I don't know... fifty years?

When America breaks out into a civil (race based) war... don't come cryin' for help... because that is going to be what happens due to America being a welfare state and the minority there being given control of everything in society.

How about you walk up to Mike Tyson and ask him, politely, to punch you in the eye with maximum force.

When you wake up from your E.R. stint... let me... let us... know if his blow was "crushing".

Seriously, stop with the grammar nitpicking.

"Crushing blow" has been part of the boxing vernacular for... I don't know... fifty years?

When America breaks out into a civil (race based) war... don't come cryin' for help... because that is going to be what happens due to America being a welfare state and the minority there being given control of everything in society.

Okay, I'll have to assume you aren't a native of the English language. Just know, you are massively confusing the word's meaning, probably out of ignorance more than anything (though I haven't ruled out stupidity just yet).

Crushing, as in the physical action, involves compression, not just striking. Regardless of the strength of the force, unless it is compression it is not crushing.

Crushing, as in the metaphorical meaning, is synonymous with an absolute or a serious defeat. As in, 'Wellington's crushing defeat of Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo'. It does not actually mean 'crushing' as in compression.

So no, the cop's face wasn't 'crushed'. Understand now?

• Upvote 3

So I'm ignorant and stupid now?

You dismiss routine facts instead replacing them with your panderings.

For the record, I'm more intelligent (and probably more educated) than you are.  People like you just argue to argue never gaining wisdom.

How do you like them apples?

Goodbye.

So I'm ignorant and stupid now?

Not just now, no. I suspect it's been the case for a while.

You dismiss routine facts instead replacing them with your panderings.

Facts such as the cop's face not being crushed? I've yet to see you say that.

For the record, I'm more intelligent (and probably more educated) than you are.  People like you just argue to argue never gaining wisdom.

Sure thing, lil' buddy.

How do you like them apples?

I prefer a pink lady, myself. But I suppose a red fool will do.

Goodbye.

*waves*

• Upvote 3

This is something I don't get... why are US cops allowed to patrol solo? Any time I've ever encountered a cop, they've been in pairs, or at least had a CSO (pretend police) with them. And (the vast majority of them) aren't even carrying guns. Maybe that's why? Instead of just shooting people, they just have two big blokes pin the guy down.

It just confuses me that not only do US cops carry guns, there is nothing to keep them in line. No body-mounted cameras. Dash-board cameras on only a few cars.

Tax money. More officers would mean more expenses.

Contrary to what it might look like from the outside, the US actually has very few police officers per population, not to mention by square km, compared to e.g. Germany. That was a huge problem, e.g. in the flooding of New Orleans.

FWIW there was just a case of a guy being shot dead for charging two officers with "a stone bigger than a " in Minneapolis. To me that is more questionable than the Missouri case where at least you had a somewhat convincing threat. But two fully trained officers, in open space where they can move around the attacker freely?

Don't bother with Doro... he resorts to name calling and insults when arguments/debates don't go his (or is it her?) way.

As to this matter at hand, the cop bashing is getting old.  Where is the President bashing? President after President violate our Constitutional rights... yet n'er a word is raised up in protest.  I find that interesting give so many people (or at least the vocal minority) are up in arms about everything law enforcement related.

When criminals stand up and take responsiblity for their misdeeds/actions... I'll be the first one to say, "America has finally returned to its former glory".  Until then, America is rife with anarchists, crooks, and complacents.

Doro, I have nothing against you... but your argument(s) here are not pertinent to the topic at hand.  I, for one, want nothing to do with cop work... it's a thankless job.  Cops are screwed by their Department, they are screwed by the public, they are victimized by crooks, and finally they are even screwed by the very criminal justice process they work for.

There is no justice left in America.  That is why America is on the down and out and its existance as a nation may already be teetering on disaster.  The Republic is gone... in its place sits an Oligarchy... and civil rights are vanishing seemingly by the day.

When a cop is close to losing consciousness (and/or facing imminent death/incapacitation)... they are legally (by Supreme Court/SCOTUS decision) permitted to use deadly force if they believe they are in jeopardy of losing their life/control of their firearm.

Don't bother with Doro... he resorts to name calling and insults when arguments/debates don't go his (or is it her?) way.

No, I resort to insults when dealing with people like you.

Doro, I have nothing against you... but your argument(s) here are not pertinent to the topic at hand.

Oh, well I've got something against you. You want to act like you did after I corrected you on the whole 'crushing' thing, go ahead. But you're in my sights now.

• Upvote 1

You have something against me because we agree to disagree on the word "crushing"?  You're nitpicking useless stuff.

Seriously, who is the youngster here?

You resorted to insulting me not once, not twice, not even thrice... but more times than I care to count...

We don't even know each other and yet I still give reverence and respect to all no matter their opinion(s).  I respect you for voicing yours as I do everyone else who voices theirs.  We can simply agree to disagree.

You have something against me because we agree to disagree on the word "crushing"?  You're nitpicking useless stuff.

Seriously, who is the youngster here?

You resorted to insulting me not once, not twice, not even thrice... but more times than I care to count...

We don't even know each other and yet I still give reverence and respect to all no matter their opinion(s).  I respect you for voicing yours as I do everyone else who voices theirs.  We can simply agree to disagree.

No, I have something against you because of how you behave. You don't need outright insults to act like a dick, as you've demonstrated, so don't act like you're some innocent. You were corrected, without any insults, and you threw a tantrum about it. The shit-eating way you respond to EVERYTHING since you joined has finally annoyed me. And you still act like it's an 'opinion' I corrected you on, not an objective fact.

So fuck your agree to disagree. I'm not going to 'play nice' with you.

• Upvote 1

Per Merriam-Webster:

1crush verb ˈkrəsh

: to press or squeeze (something) so hard that it breaks or loses its shape

: to break (something) into a powder or very small pieces by pressing, pounding, or grinding it

: to defeat (a person or group that opposes you) by using a lot of force

CloseStyle: MLA APA Chicago

easybib_logo.gif

Full Definition of CRUSH
transitive verb
a :  to squeeze or force by pressure so as to alter or destroy structure <crush grapes>

b :  to squeeze together into a mass
:  hug, embrace
:  to reduce to particles by pounding or grinding <crush rock>
a :  to suppress or overwhelm as if by pressure or weight

b :  to oppress or burden grievously <crushed by debt>

c :  to subdue completely
:  crowd, push <were crushed into the elevator>
archaic :  drink
intransitive verb
obsolete :  crash
:  to become crushed
:  to advance with or as if with crushing
crush·able ˈkrə-shə-bəl adjective
crush·er noun
crush·ing·ly adverb
Examples of CRUSH
  1. Unfortunately some of the flowers got crushed when we were moving them.
  2. The bicycle was crushed under the truck's tires.
  3. The machine crushes the cans so that they can be stored until they are recycled.
  4. Her arm was crushed in the accident.
  5. Crush the nuts and sprinkle them on top of the cake.
  6. The rocks were crushed into dust.
Origin of CRUSH
Middle English crusshen, from Anglo-French croissir, croistre, of Germanic origin; akin to Middle Low German krossen to crush
First Known Use: 15th century
Related to CRUSH
Synonyms mash, pulp, squash

So there you have it folks... I win this debate.  Doro... keep on being you... I like your antagonism. 

Why yes if we were writing a medical report the injury would be a blunt force trauma because yes a crushing injury is when a part of the body is caught between 2 objects.

On the other hand, general usage of phrases like "he delivered a crushing blow" etc, is generally recognized and understood by people who do things like converse 

in a casual setting.

I needz popcornz

• Upvote 1

Why yes if we were writing a medical report the injury would be a blunt force trauma because yes a crushing injury is when a part of the body is caught between 2 objects.

On the other hand, general usage of phrases like "he delivered a crushing blow" etc, is generally recognized and understood by people who do things like converse 

in a casual setting.

I needz popcornz

There's a difference between meaning a metaphorical 'crushing blow' and actually meaning the cop's face was literally crushed. And even metaphorically, it doesn't work because the cop didn't 'lose'.