LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Thequinn

Level 60 what to do when you reach it?

I've noticed we have a bunch of new Rift players who just switched over from Lotro, myself included.   With a new Rift xpac on the horizon, I'd like to know how to build a great toon for raids and PVP.   I have the builds for my toons figured out, but I'm still not sure where to start gearing up.   I assume chronicles and then maybe 5 mans?   I'm sure we have a few endgame Rift players here that could guide us through what should be done first in these 2 aspects of the game. 

Sometimes reading a Rift wiki style site just doesn't do the trick.   What kind of insight can be offered by the veteran players?  Thanks in advance.

There are no good centralized 3rd party repositories of Rift information (Wowhead style), but there are various blogs. In fact, I'd say the forums are a pretty decent source of information.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/

And don't get attached to the technical details of your spec, especially tanking, as that's going through a major change in 3.0.

Don't understand why you want to gear up for a new Xpac.  Won't your gear by definition be obsolete soon? 

Trion explicitly stated that current top raid gear (forget the tier, and if pvp sets are included) won't become immediately obsolete in 3.0. I think they learned from their Storm Legion errors, but I'll have to find the exact quote later (I think it's in the 3.0 thread here, maybe the producer's letter).

There are no good centralized 3rd party repositories of Rift information (Wowhead style), but there are various blogs. In fact, I'd say the forums are a pretty decent source of information.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/

And don't get attached to the technical details of your spec, especially tanking, as that's going through a major change in 3.0.

Well, there is Rifthead, and Junkies Nation has a section for Rift Guides.

Yes, I think the problem with those is that they tend to be very incomplete and out of date (a common complaint I've seen on the OF, though I don't remember offhand the websites that are better). Not a bad place to start, certainly, but I've had better luck doing a Google search and finding a blog for a specific thing or just checking/asking on the forums.

There's lots to do at 60, because of the Planar Attunement system (which I doubt anyone could max out between 50 and 60). There is also dungeons, chronicles, PvP, dailies to max out notoriety with various factions, events, etc.

I think the best thing to come out of my getting an ArcheAge beta invite is that I finally got the password for my Trion account reset (I couldn't for the life of me remember it) , and can now access my Rift account again.  I wonder if my dimension is still there?

No matter, but at least I can check out the game again.  Thanks for the links here!