LOTROCommunity

Eve Online under DDOS Attack

I hate people like this. They give the CS field a bad name, even though most of them aren't qualified to be a part of the field. I bet most haven't even written one line of code in their life. And I can't stand the intentional harming of others just to laugh at their misery. Whether that be something more physical, or in this case digital. I know police militarization can be a sore spot for debate, but I'd love nothing more than a SWAT/heavy FBI response to one of these situations. All with the intention of scaring the shit out of these people. Might not be too inclined to do it again and could discourage others as well.

I hate people like this. They give the CS field a bad name, even though most of them aren't qualified to be a part of the field. I bet most haven't even written one line of code in their life. 

Hence the term "script kiddy" ... "I daonlodid a haxxorz progrum imma ddos fur lulz!!!111oneone" 

Couple steps below lamer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

I hate people like this. They give the CS field a bad name, even though most of them aren't qualified to be a part of the field. I bet most haven't even written one line of code in their life. And I can't stand the intentional harming of others just to laugh at their misery. Whether that be something more physical, or in this case digital. I know police militarization can be a sore spot for debate, but I'd love nothing more than a SWAT/heavy FBI response to one of these situations. All with the intention of scaring the shit out of these people. Might not be too inclined to do it again and could discourage others as well.

It should be obvious as to why they do it: they aren't satisfied with their complete lack of presence in real life, so they take to the internet where they can cause a problem for others. Makes them feel powerful. Hence, DDOSers tend to be kids, basement-dwellers and outcasts.

Hence the term "script kiddy" ... "I daonlodid a haxxorz progrum imma ddos fur lulz!!!111oneone" 

Couple steps below lamer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Script_kiddie

I know what they are, but the public doesn't. That's the problem.

It should be obvious as to why they do it: they aren't satisfied with their complete lack of presence in real life, so they take to the internet where they can cause a problem for others. Makes them feel powerful. Hence, DDOSers tend to be kids, basement-dwellers and outcasts.

I still think it would be great if a group of them got raided by SWAT. They'd feel real powerful then. 

The worst group would be the kids. Do parents really have no idea what their kids are up to?

The worst group would be the kids. Do parents really have no idea what their kids are up to?

Why would they? Most parents don't even know what DDOSing is. Nor would they consider it even an issue if they did. In their eyes, an online game or a website isn't important (which, to be fair, they aren't in a wider sense).

Why would they? Most parents don't even know what DDOSing is. Nor would they consider it even an issue if they did. In their eyes, an online game or a website isn't important (which, to be fair, they aren't in a wider sense).

DDoS can be used as cover to breach secure data such as CC info.  Also, we're all basically paying bandwidth that those fuckin' script kiddies burn.  Put an end to global DDoS'ing and you'll see your internet speeds start acting all fast and 21st centuryey.