LOTROCommunity

Asking Police for Sex

ps. those guys with 'Straz Miejska' on the ir sleeve/car = City Guards = not a Police, close enough though I guess

The Straz Miejska folk are not quite city guards, not quite police. They're a local police force, as opposed to the national "Policja". However, they have limited power and may not (at the moment) carry a firearm. They also are not allowed to investigate serious crimes. Technically, they cannot arrest you, but they can take you into custody and bring you to a police officer to arrest you. The term "city guard" isn't exactly appropriate, but I suppose it is similar depending on where you're from.

For example, city guards in my area are really just overrated parking attendants. They can fine you for cycling in a pedestrian zone and parking wrong, but that's about it. Most of them don't even know when they can fine you, which is really aggravating. One tried to fine me for "parking" when I let someone out of my car in a no-parking zone. The difference between parking and stopping was a lesson this particular idiot missed. He finally decided to drop the fine when my passenger showed his police ID and asked the guy for his ID so that he could take it up with his supervisor.

The Straz Miejska folk are not quite city guards, not quite police. They're a local police force, as opposed to the national "Policja". However, they have limited power and may not (at the moment) carry a firearm. They also are not allowed to investigate serious crimes. Technically, they cannot arrest you, but they can take you into custody and bring you to a police officer to arrest you. The term "city guard" isn't exactly appropriate, but I suppose it is similar depending on where you're from.

Pretty accurate, yes although i wouldn't call them a local police either.

The reason why some people translate the name to city guard is that it is more or less a direct translation from polish "Straż Miejska".

PS: "Straż Miejska" is one of the most incompetent and useless "services" in Poland. In many cases they hire complete, uneducated idiots who couldn't find a job elsewhere. In many cases they serve as a private force of the local authorities (mayors of towns etc.). Of course not entire "Straż Miejska" is like this.

Majority of people in Poland would like this force to be disbanded i would say.

Nope, I'm Dutch (and living in NL). My girlfriend is Polish though, so I know a little about the country ;) I agree with Anglion on their competence, but incompetent people with authority often means they're more trouble than they are worth. City guards have the same problems here; the overwhelming majority is incompetent, making it impossible for the few that actually try really hard to gain a bit of respect.

In the Netherlands we have three levels really. Police officers, police volunteers and city guards. If you're ever in the Netherlands and see police officers with 2 stripes on their shoulder, but no side-arm, you're dealing with volunteers. Do not (I repeat, do not) make the mistake of putting them on the same level as city guards. They go through the same training as a professional, they just work when needed for events and large traffic-related police actions (think traps somewhere on larger roads where they check for alcohol, open fines, taxes etc). I've actually thought about joining.

• Upvote 1

Nice. You always had good posts on the evil forums too.

Not me as i have never joined OF ;) Maybe it was Jedy who is a member here? In the end there are many players from Poland playing LOTRO so could be any of them ;)

I was a member of Codies forum though.

For example, city guards in my area are really just overrated parking attendants. They can fine you for cycling in a pedestrian zone and parking wrong, but that's about it. Most of them don't even know when they can fine you, which is really aggravating. One tried to fine me for "parking" when I let someone out of my car in a no-parking zone. The difference between parking and stopping was a lesson this particular idiot missed. He finally decided to drop the fine when my passenger showed his police ID and asked the guy for his ID so that he could take it up with his supervisor.

They've increased 'power' of Straz Miejska in Poland.  I think they may carry a gun now, not 100% though. 

Yeah they are somewhat of local police-like force (althrough I have a somewhat hard time to call them 'police force' tbh), just more incompetent (and lower paid usually).   I don't see that much use of them.  Poland is not federal country so we don't really need a local force and Straz Miejska is used too often as money-makers for municipalities.

Althrough I guess in some cities they may be more competent and serve a better purpose.

Wait, Muer and Anglion are in Poland?

Is Drul? I don't remember where people are from, except for some of the UK peeps.

Yeah. I am Polish.

ehehe

ps. those guys with 'Straz Miejska' on the ir sleeve/car = City Guards = not a Police, close enough though I guess

Wow, this looked a bit scary for her, especially when she approached all those guys at once. What if they'd said, 'yes' and 'now'? Hopefully there were some bodyguards with her. Some of the men's responses were really funny though. :) Were some of them real policemen, btw? They seemed to have different uniforms sometimes. 

Not me as i have never joined OF ;) Maybe it was Jedy who is a member here? In the end there are many players from Poland playing LOTRO so could be any of them ;)

I was a member of Codies forum though.

Of, there was a forum poster whose name was something -lion and thought it was you.

Wow, this looked a bit scary for her, especially when she approached all those guys at once. What if they'd said, 'yes' and 'now'? Hopefully there were some bodyguards with her. Some of the men's responses were really funny though. :) Were some of them real policemen, btw? They seemed to have different uniforms sometimes. 

I don't think there was any danger for her.   

It was filmed, so what would they do?  Grab her in middle of a city while she screams and take her away & rape her?  

Besides what kind of bodyguards?  Bodyguards to do what exactly? Assault Police with force?

There was a cameraman and I would assume another person or two nearby, which would try to approach if something would get out of contro and say that 'hey we what you're doing and we're filming it'  & then propably video from assault would be in a news and those officers would have whole bunch of criminal problems.

Additonally I cannot be sure if some of this was not staged, but those officers seem authentic.

There seem to be a 'foot Officer',  'Road Police',  'City Guards' / local police-like force and finally propably Riot Police (those many guys near a big police car) and surely a Riot Police (last two officers with one that agreed to have sex after duty).    Just diffrent branches of Police - that's is why there are diffrent uniforms.

Besides there was change of uniforms and Police Car Color Pattern - not so long ago, and of course it was only partial (as in not 100% of police uniforms and car color patterns changed I think).

You also have Bike Police, Horse Police and SWAT Police that were not shown on video that also have diffrent uniforms and propably other 'branches' / types of Police I am forgetting now ;p