LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
stege99

Frelorn vs Sapience, a better forum policy?

It might just be temporary, but at least it's nice to see the usual Turbine apologists not getting their will through at once.

Mar-Whatever seems really upset that threads which (presumably) contains something critical against Lotro or Turbine don't get locked or deleted  right away. :Y

Extra fun to see that she even disputes whether or not Frelorn has the same right to lock threads the way that her wet dream Rick had (and did).

I have a slight hope in that this is an indication of the OF slowly turning around to something more than a mere poster board for a handful of nutcases in servitude of Turbine.

Looks good indeed.

Read a bit of that poster's history, and he's indeed fitting the "Turbine Apologist" description perfectly.

The more that kind of people are pissed, the more it's a sign the official forums are getting better.

Archeage? I thought everone said wildstar was the FOTM game now.

I'm still sceptical this will remain up past monday, since certain people like to troll the OF on the weekends since mods are not availible.

Looks good indeed.

Read a bit of that poster's history, and he's indeed fitting the "Turbine Apologist" description perfectly.

The more that kind of people are pissed, the more it's a sign the official forums are getting better.

My fervent hope is that someone gave Frelorn a list of "forum whackjobs" to watch out for, and that she's in the top 5. 

It might just be temporary, but at least it's nice to see the usual Turbine apologists not getting their will through at once.

Mar-Whatever seems really upset that threads which (presumably) contains something critical against Lotro or Turbine don't get locked or deleted  right away. :Y

Extra fun to see that she even disputes whether or not Frelorn has the same right to lock threads the way that her wet dream Rick had (and did).

I have a slight hope in that this is an indication of the OF slowly turning around to something more than a mere poster board for a handful of nutcases in servitude of Turbine.

The entire thread is full of them (the apologists).  It's THEIR forum now.  Any talk of other games or any talk of Lotro not being up to par with other games is met by their immediate rebuttals that the poster is wrong.  

Most won't even mention the names of other games because they are so blinded.  Instead of seeing them use the words World of Warcraft they use alternate words which many times paint the game they are speaking about as evil or bad. 

You read that thread and most are actually admitting that it's only the IP keeping them there.  Thank god that wasn't the case for E.T. back in the early 80's or you'd see many slews of poorly made games with IP slapped on them.   I suppose if I slapped a few trees on a map and stuck in the prancing pony that would suffice for a Middle Earth MMO?

And really we are talking about the same 5 people who always respond to every thread.  They don't even have valid opinions anymore.  It's just their way to assert superiority over other players.  Being forum policemen. 

One wonders what's more exciting to them, advancing in level in game or hitting the refresh button in order to respond to a new thread. 

And the ones that even remotely speak badly of the game are the ones they spend the most time in.  Some of these folks ended up on the player council.  Not sure what kind of input they have on the actual game but their forum outlook is more than up to date.

I have a message for them if they ever decide to lurk here.

Shut the fuck up and play the game.  If it is so good why waste time on a forum discrediting others opinions, building up Turbine as a can do no wrong developer?  If you are that afraid that the game may shutdown due to a few posters complaining about in game items then the game is in more trouble then you let on.   Also stop trying to be a forum policeman.  Turbine hired a staff of moderators for that very job.  And finally stop the god damn trolling.  Seriously, at this point, that's all that's going on on the Lotro forums.  Threads created and responded to only to create an argument. 

Man it's really hard to believe that this community still gets recognition as being one of the more friendly and dedicated ones.   I'm sure there are still some really great people in game but their forum is a cesspool of uselessness.   It's surprising any changes happen for the good of game when there are several there, that it is their full time job to defend every poorly made change to the game.

Maybe Richard Heaton created a monster with these morons, letting them continue on trolling most of playerbase away from the game.  It's up to the new CM to put them out of their misery.  Will he do it?  Highly doubtful!  Seriously if he put them in their place there would be cries to bring back Richard Heaton.  They simply can not live with out his

S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sycophant

Hating

Idiotism

Educators

Love

Defending

It's Sunday.

Since Sapience is gone, that thread will be deleted at 9:30 AM on Monday, instead of 11:30 am.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?554819-So-much-truth-in-this-article

Another fun one.

There's some good counterpoints in the thread, although Damojo kinda seems like he has a bug up his ass about raiders.

Edit: here's Damojo's post in question

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?554819-So-much-truth-in-this-article&p=7225063#post7225063

Agreed. Bucko is the island in a sea of madness.

Mar-whatever IMO isn't crazy. He's just a poor backseat mod cowering in fear since his "protector" is long gone. He's already made a few posts saying how he thinks "trolls" are getting away and their posts not getting locked/deleted

Apparently the new community manager didn't read Ricks memo to feed his band on bootlickers with some extra attention.

I do agree what people said about ArcheAge ... Hype and promises are one thing, open beta tests and ingame footage are another. Could be wrong but whatever happend to ESO? (The mmo which many people thought would be the greatest thing since the invention of bacon)

I guess "new MMO hype" degrades faster these days. At my university, the students are still hyped about Wildstar, Destiny, and Blade & Soul.

Don't let him bait you, Bucko. He's already invalidated most of his arguments by having a chip on his shoulder toward raiders in general.

You read that thread and most are actually admitting that it's only the IP keeping them there.  Thank god that wasn't the case for E.T. back in the early 80's or you'd see many slews of poorly made games with IP slapped on them.   I suppose if I slapped a few trees on a map and stuck in the prancing pony that would suffice for a Middle Earth MMO?

29063-26285.gifAnd some fjords.  Yes, that would be very nice.  I got an award for some of mine, you know.

1hitchrobot.jpgShut up, you!

Yes, sir ...

font=georgia, serif]And some fjords.  Yes, that would be very nice.  I got an award for some of mine, you know.

Shut up, you!

Yes, sir ...

tve17638-00000004-155.gif

Slartibartfast imposter!!!

I can imagine that the usual Turbine arse kissers on the OF have already spammed

Frelorn with 'pleeeease let me help you mod the forum' posts.

It's good to see the new manager isn't falling for it.

Hope it continues.

It's good to see the new manager isn't falling for it.

Hope it continues.

He's probably not even there. Pretty easy to do nothing.

Of course doing nothing will make him be a much better CM than the last one.

i honestly don't think Frelorn's doing anything at all haha

CM of the year no sarcasm, anything is better than Sapience.

Either way it's good that these OF pests are not having their silencing campaign acknowledged.

Maybe people will be able to bite back when they get trolled, without fear of biased moderation.

It made me laugh when MAR whatever said that her complaints that usually get threads locked and posts removed

were ignored.

AAaaawww  poor likkle thing  :)

Yeah - but with all the negative posts from Mar-whatever and the other usual suspects the thread was locked of course so they got their wish - although it is surprising it staid up as long as it did

Ol' Mar-whiner is probably having fits it didn't get locked down first thing this morning