LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Talisman

U14.2

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?555111-14-2-Bullroarer-Focus

There are no formal release notes yet, but the testing focus includes:

• The Dead Marshes: Return to the Caves of the Avorrim in West Gondor and speak to Dorthaneth to begin your adventure into the Dead Marshes. 
  • Collections: Using shift C or via the arrow menu, open the Collections menu to view and inspect Mount and Pet collections.
  • Skirmish Traits: Higher level skirmish soldier traits are now more potent. These adjustments were made to impact mitigations, armour, power, and morale. DPS and Tank typed Skirmish traits received the most attention. Threat and healing were not adjusted. You can also purchase access to more tiers of Skirmish traits via the LOTRO store.

However, Bullroarer is showing as closed, so you can't actually test anything.

• Upvote 1

Collections: Using shift C or via the arrow menu, open the Collections menu to view and inspect Mount and Pet collections.

Ha ha. Someone at Lotro has been playing WoW. This is exactly the same: pull up a panel showing both pets and mounts. Did Lotro really need pets? 

Question: are pets in Lotro little characters you summon that follow you around and do nothing? (the same as in WoW?)

Ha ha. Someone at Lotro has been playing WoW. This is exactly the same: pull up a panel showing both pets and mounts. Did Lotro really need pets? 

Question: are pets in Lotro little characters you summon that follow you around and do nothing? (the same as in WoW?)

The very same.

The very same.

Ugh. Because that is exactly what LOTRO needed. The most important thing to spend development money on.

So players have can have a baby Ent follow them around - just like in WoW you can have a baby Ent follow you around. Yeah, that will save the game. Everyone wants to be like Frodo and Sam and have little pet ghost follow them around like in the books.

I remember the time when Lotro wasn't like other MMOs. Lotro had it's own unique features, and didn't try to copy WoW to make a fast buck.

I updated BR last night, and was able to get in today. Right now, the collections consist of specific groups of mounts and cosmetic pets. When you complete a collection, you get a title. Current collections are:

Cosmetic Pets

• Foul Collection: All the chickens from Hobnanigans (6).
  • Friendly Frogs: Available by barter in Central Gondor (5). Maybe something in the next region?
  • Huorns of Fangorn: All the Huorns from the Ents (3).
  • Shrewd Companions: All the shrews from the Spring Festival (4).
  • Swans of West Gondor: All the Swans from Dol Amroth (2).
  • Treasure Hunters: All the cave-claws from the Treasure Hunt (6).

Mounts

• Spring in Your Step: All the mounts from Spring Festivals before 2013 (4).
  • Sun-Strider: All the mounts from Summer Festivals before 2013 (4).
  • Autumn Adventurer: All the mounts from Harvestmath before 2013 (4).
  • Winter-Rider: All the mounts from Yule Fest before 2013 (5).
  • Treasure Mounts: All the mounts from the Treasure Hunt (3).
  • Rider of Rohan: The Prized Eorlingas Horse & Prized Helmingas Horse from Helm's Deep (2).
  • Rider of the Free Peoples: The Eriador Horse and Elf Ambassador Horse (meta-deeds) (2).
  • Veteran of the Third Age: The class steeds (9).
  • 2013 Festival Deeds: All the steeds from the 2013 festivals (6).

One of the things that kind of bothers me is that some of the mount collections require store purchases/mithril coins to complete. For example, class mounts are available only through the store (ok, there's the pick-a-mount box that can drop in-game, but it's extremely rare). Many of the older festival mounts are available only by using MC.

The other thing is that there just doesn't seem to be any point to this new system. The collections are basically just deeds. The interface is nice (I could see it replacing the current deed log), but that's about it. I'd like to see them move beyond titles as rewards, but I'm not sure what might replace them. It's especially disappointing that they are introducing this kind of thing instead of attending to more pressing issues in the game or updating some of the tired/neglected systems.

I can report that they've changed at least some of the crafting material icons to their proper colors. Emeralds are now, in fact green. 

• Upvote 1

I can report that they've changed at least some of the crafting material icons to their proper colors. Emeralds are now, in fact green. 

Wow! The devs have really put some work in and it only took them 8 months!

Considering how neglected crafting is, I doubt anyone cares anymore.

They keep adding empty crafting tiers with, duplicate icons, and only guild recipes with weeklong cooldowns.

Anyone remember the last time when recipe drops were actually something other than hope tokens, burglar traps och crafting tools?

Why do Turbine even bother?

Is there lvl 100 crafted armor?

Not that I saw, but I didn't stay logged on too long. I only saw that the Dead Marshes are much like the 'new' Fangorn area. Seems almost the same size more or less in fact; just wetter and you cannot ride a mount there. You get inside via a horse port from the hidden Elf Cave near Dol Amroth. No other way that I saw and no vendors, milestones or campfires in the Dead Marshes, which I suppose makes some sense. Only a handful of quests, one small instance and one session play unless I somehow missed something major. Overall I'd give it a 'meh'. 

This is actually an interesting thread...I was a bit surprised when Produktion Malphunktion chimed in

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?555186-In-through-the-outdoor-and-WB-Games-Turbine

Time will tell I suppose...

I doubt anything will come of it.

I can't see Turbine reversing course on the loot system of "everyone should be able to get all the best loot with their eyes closed, as long as they don't mind grinding until the RNG gods deign to favor them".

I realize I'm an elitist dinosaur for thinking this, but I'm still stuck on this crazy idea that higher skill and coordination should earn better rewards than lower skill and poor coordination.

Well supposedly starting with update 14.2 FAs will no longer drop in T1 raids like OD, etc.  Which of course, in my opinion, is Turbine being a bit lazy and not fully addressing the loot problem.  But I'm with you, Thunderloin--those who put the time and effort into completing the challenging raids should get better rewards.  And yeah...probably not much will come out of it :(

Well supposedly starting with update 14.2 FAs will no longer drop in T1 raids like OD, etc.  Which of course, in my opinion, is Turbine being a bit lazy and not fully addressing the loot problem.  But I'm with you, Thunderloin--those who put the time and effort into completing the challenging raids should get better rewards.  And yeah...probably not much will come out of it :(

They're removing FAs from T1 yet again?  This is what, the third time?  Did they claim that it was a bug (again)? Yeesh. :)

This is actually an interesting thread...I was a bit surprised when Produktion Malphunktion chimed in

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?555186-In-through-the-outdoor-and-WB-Games-Turbine

Actually letting people voice their opinions on the forums and Turbine's new friendlier communication is a breath of fresh air, but that is all it is: air until they actually start to address players' concerns with action. 

To me I think it is all too little too late and I just can't see them changing course with anything. They be acknowledging player concerns now and not dismissing them but that doesn't mean they can do anything about it. How the hell will they be able to add or properly change anything of significance to the game when they didn't even have a music budget in the last expansion? It's quite obvious their budget is tiny. They're just doing little things to the game to give the appearance that they are still properly developing it.

Reading that thread gives me zero hope for the game. It is good to see staff post in there, I guess. Still waiting to see they have stopped doing this: the least possible for the least amount of money. When I see anything good in an MMO (like in Rift) it is always because the company decides to invest in the game. Not seeing that with Turbine at all.

All you can really say is that a few staff are still working on the game. It is not enough, and seems mainly to keep the store running so players can buy TP.