LOTROCommunity

how will you spend your last day(s) with CM?

Maowin

I myself am full of nostalgia today. I am recreating the first character I ever made (though on a different server than original and with a different name...) as my way of honouring Codemasters and remembering how far the players, the GMs, the company, and everyone involved has some in just a few years

gonna miss you Codemasters it's been a wild and fun ride. _O_ if it wasn't for you I don't think I would have met some of the people I have and wouldn't have had the friends I have now

I'm not playing until after transition, I had a bit of a burnout levelling alts, too many Shire quests.

Playing AoC atm, as it's free to the end of the month with the 3 year anniversary.

After transition, I will be back, but I need to learn linux in the next 3 weeks, so I won't use too much of my free time for LOTRO!

To be honest I don't really feel like logging in at the moment - we knew this was coming but it's come far faster than expected - and I'm not chancing it tomorrow. I've left my key characters in 'safe' places and taken screenshots of everything - don't suppose it'll do much good but it made me feel better :)

Only other game I have at present is CO and that just got my character killed through a stupid bug so I'm not best pleased with that either frown.gif

To be honest I don't really feel like logging in at the moment - we knew this was coming but it's come far faster than expected - and I'm not chancing it tomorrow. I've left my key characters in 'safe' places and taken screenshots of everything - don't suppose it'll do much good but it made me feel better :)

another reason why I'm honouring codies with going back and recreating my first ever character - I don't care what I lose on her lol every other char is in a safe spot

I was doing my daily Tasks, as I do every day I can manage (i.e. I was playing like on any other day). Then saw something being said in GlobalLFF about Prancing Pony, turned out it was the fairwell party with Zzeno. Peeked to Laurelin and saw Satine. Then back to Evernight for last goodbyes until connection died. Rez pleas!

I spent the last day only smiting some players, not all.

I made a last walk through all the places, having a last chat with Glorfindel and Gandalf near the Last Homely House, watching the Hobbits in Michel-delving, oblivious of the impending doom on their doorsteps, and then sat down on the stone in front of the Prancing Pony and had some small fireworks until the world ended.

Then I made a last tour through the office, shaking some hands.

And then I left.

I spent the last day only smiting some players, not all.

I made a last walk through all the places, having a last chat with Glorfindel and Gandalf near the Last Homely House, watching the Hobbits in Michel-delving, oblivious of the impending doom on their doorsteps, and then sat down on the stone in front of the Prancing Pony and had some small fireworks until the world ended.

Then I made a last tour through the office, shaking some hands.

And then I left.

That however, was a sorry tale. Good luck in whatever you are doing next.

Good luck Faenbas in your future endeavours!!

Myself and a couple of kinnies pulled an all nighter. I spent the night getting my new Hunter to level 45, still undefeated, been a goal of mine for a while, and I finally got it done. I then had to log at 11am, just in time to miss the trolls attacking Ost Galadh :(

I logged onto my minstrel and stood outside my house in Falathorn staring at the waterfall while playing a lament for Gand...sorry, wrong one. Anyway, when I got fed up with moping around I logged my hunter on and watched the fun and frolics in the 21st Hall.

I had a really good time last night climbing on Bree rooftops with several others Laurelians, listening to music and dancing (or actually floating- if you were there you know what i mean :P) in front of the Prancing Pony.

Second to Lord Vorontur, I spent my time mostly in Hyboria...

As I did all the preparations yesterday (screenshots, etc), there were only the fun stuff left.

Yesterday evening conga from the Prancing Pony, then the ride to the Inn and Weathertop. (my 'festival' alt is not qualified to Moria yet, so I missed the 21st Lemmings show...)

Today I spent more than half hour to screenshot/photo through the last sunrise in the Shire under CM's reign, from my favourite spot in Scary. Ok, maybe it's lame, but i love the Shire :)

After that I just joined the crowd at the Prancing Pony stairs. I hope someone made shots about it, because my client went nuts, and my last pictures turned out to be the same...

Yeah, that was a nice crowd outside PP and a nice event - must have been 100+ people that skipped their jobs/schools to take a stroll with +Satine. will be interesting to see if there's a price to pay for not having logged out properly :)