LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
PJ.

Jumpgate Evolution, how complete was it?

Watching television and suddenly remembered JGE, was really looking forward to it, especially as Codies were going to be invloved as a partner in Europe. Did it ever get announced how close it was to being finished? I am sure I heard rumours of an Asian company buying the IP and the game and finishing it. Could that still happen or will it never be released? People thoughts Duke was dead forever but came out eventually.

PJ

The last I heard about it was it was scrapped and some of the devs who worked on it started a kickstart for an mmo called Squad Wars, however it never got funded.https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1065318294/squad-wars

Interesting. Seems a waste of dev time as I am sure they got to F&F alpha stage

PJ

Interesting. Seems a waste of dev time as I am sure they got to F&F alpha stage

PJ

From what I understand the company creating JGE closed down and these devs started a company off their own back to create various mobile/app games and Squad Wars, I have a feeling Squad Wars was basically what they had done on KGE under a different name because of IP rights, unfortunately they didn't get off the ground and it looks like the new company has closed down too.

Interesting, thanks. Does that mean somewhere there is all the code or would it have been wiped? Felt bad for Codies, loosing DDO and LOTRO then JGW not happening.