LOTROCommunity

The Dead Marshes (Update 14.2 Beta)

Moderate Peril

The-Dead-Marshes-6.jpg

I managed to quickly log on to Bullroarer and check out The Dead Marshes today. It's a functional representation of the area but the dead in the pools need new character models. Perhaps Turbine will revise these in the next build.

There's also a new panel added to the GUI where you can view your pet and steed collections.

Some screen shots for your consideration.

The-Dead-Marshes-10.jpg

The-Dead-Marshes-7.jpg

God i'm fucking dying

OATHBREAKERS just having a nap in the water. Oathbreakers, lit up like a christmas tree

2004 ME Online model oathbreakers.

Is there anyone on the real forums who says that Turbine can't create new art assets? 

Someone PLEASE tell me this is a placeholder please please please

Due to the pools in the marsh, players cannot use their mounts and will frequently find themselves swimming to locations. The boundaries of the region are “walled in” by extra large reeds; a mechanic that is also used around to fence of certain quest areas such as an Orc camp.

The-Dead-Marshes-5.jpg

The mobs comprise mainly of Orcs, Fell Spirits and Norbogs.

So we'll be swimming around in the Dead Marshes and fighting orcs. Not what I expected.

I hope it's a placeholder, bc it looks pretty bad at the moment. Not sure why there are orcs in the Dead Marshes either, since they aren't there in the books. Didn't Gollum say of the secret path, "Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go round for miles and miles."? 

I hope it's a placeholder, bc it looks pretty bad at the moment.

Since nobody complained about "Dwarfhead city" I'm sure they could get away with that as well :)

I agree with the orcs though: What are *they* doing there? Was looking forward to see some of the "candels of corpses" and lots of other nasty stuff living in those swamps.

Guess turbine once again managed to keep me away from giving their game a second chance, wow good job.

/Edit: I just read somewhere that the elf Frodo sees in the marches is Oropher, Legolas grandfather .. Anyone?

So it looks like their plan is to finish up with a Mordor thing, and call it a day?  The marshes look nice.  It seems like they are really sprinting ahead with this.  When are we going to connect back up with the Fellowship?  Lots of questions from this kitty.

If you think about it, it is pretty likely they have planned an end date for the game. If might be tentative, and it might not be exactly set what they will do after the last content is made, but I would bet they have planned the last months left in Lotro.

I would guess some time next summer we will finish Mordor and they will either shut the game down, or leave it running without development, but with the store still taking players money.

If you think about it, it is pretty likely they have planned an end date for the game. If might be tentative, and it might not be exactly set what they will do after the last content is made, but I would bet they have planned the last months left in Lotro.

I would guess some time next summer we will finish Mordor and they will either shut the game down, or leave it running without development, but with the store still taking players money.

Humbly disagree. I can't see them wasting resources and development time to introduce a new class only to shut the game down six months later. But stranger things have happened, so we'll see.

Playing on the Low graphics preset, I didn't notice any bodies in the marsh at all. So for those of you who dislike the oathbreakers, perhaps your own imaginations would be a better substitute.

are you----is he defending turbine?

what will it take for you to say anything bad about them? until they copy the entire fucking city of Bree, put Annuminas on a mountain above it, and call it Minas Tirith?

Playing on the Low graphics preset, I didn't notice any bodies in the marsh at all. So for those of you who dislike the oathbreakers, perhaps your own imaginations would be a better substitute.

In that case it's probably better to just imagine playing the game instead of logging in.

Regarding 'grabbing ghost models'..... I remember the final boss in Hall of Mirrors put a dread debuff on players which included an animation of ghost type things surrounding and grabbing at the character (albeit black/grey ghosts). Maybe they could just re-tune/colour that animation? There is also the oathbreaker debuff animation which could be modified a bit.

I don't think it would be that quick, Turbine seem happy to drag their MMOs out for years with minimal development. It probably still makes a profit and whilst that is the case they will keep it going.

So it looks like their plan is to finish up with a Mordor thing, and call it a day? The marshes look nice. It seems like they are really sprinting ahead with this. When are we going to connect back up with the Fellowship? Lots of questions from this kitty.

There is a session play in the Dead Marshes that includes Sam, Frodo and Gollum.

That's a good point. Maybe it will be a bit longer.

Anything is possible considering the the "thinness"  of current releases.  It's easy to stretch it out when 3 to 4  updates ( or 1 years time)

constitute what should be included in an expansion (and a thin one at that!).

This works for me !

It's been working for me since March.   Last month I did something I thought I'd never do........uninstall the game.   I really only kept it on the hard drive because I wanted to avoid the Akamai downloader if the game ever became good again.   I finally realized at this point, there was no point.  In the past when things like this have happened I have rolled alts to enjoy the older content.  I can't even bring myself to do that anymore. 

I hope that the remaning players fight to get the content they want instead of what I have been seeing lately:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?555186-In-through-the-outdoor-and-WB-Games-Turbine&p=7228196#post7228196

So now player created events counts as something to do in the game?   Well I guess I should have created my own fun?  It seems a little hard to do when the GLFF population is under 100 some days!

• Upvote 1

Humbly disagree. I can't see them wasting resources and development time to introduce a new class only to shut the game down six months later. But stranger things have happened, so we'll see.

Turbine has a history of doing just that. New class, big money Xpac, maybe not available to buy with TP, shut the doors 6 months later. They did the same thing with AC2 and they will do it again with LOTRO, mark my words!

I was hoping to have some underwater ghosties grabbing me at least. Heck they did that in the Lonelands, why not in the Dead Marshes? Ah well.

They should bring back those red ghosts that throw water balloons at you from Lonelands, anything would be better than Orcs and freaking norbogs.

are you----is he defending turbine?

what will it take for you to say anything bad about them? until they copy the entire fucking city of Bree, put Annuminas on a mountain above it, and call it Minas Tirith?

No, I'm not defending Turbine. I was simply offering a workaround for anyone else (like me) who is unsatisfied with Turbine's artistic choices.

• Upvote 1