LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Bango

#gamergate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC21NF5rbSk&list=UUzS3-65Y91JhOxFiM7j6grg

Please donate money to end this sickening problem of male street harassment. I'm literally in tears after watching this video of a defenseless young man who was viciously objectified by a bunch of creepy females (and men) on the street.

• Upvote 2

This is a fascinating field study in how social structures devolve once the caveman percentage reaches a critical mass.

Christina Hoff Sommers has a different take on it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-WAR-AGAINST-BOYS-Misguided/dp/0684849577

Also, Huffington Post has a moment in clarity...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vander-caballero/its-time-to-stop-the-hate_b_6095374.html

Christina Hoff Sommers has a different take on it.

http://www.amazon.com/The-WAR-AGAINST-BOYS-Misguided/dp/0684849577

Also, Huffington Post has a moment in clarity...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/vander-caballero/its-time-to-stop-the-hate_b_6095374.html

I thought Silverangel was referring to this site, but I could be wrong.

This is a fascinating field study in how social structures devolve once the caveman percentage reaches a critical mass.

Now look who's being sexist.

I thought Silverangel was referring to this site, but I could be wrong.

Possibly. I was simply showing a rebuttal to the whole "gender wars" that seems to be developing. The subject of male dominance in society being a myth or fact is a facinating subject. I tend to like Christina Sommers because she is an equality feminist who gets alot of hate because she doesn't share the popular opinion of many feminists. She takes a more rational approach and that tends to push her work into the background, unlike some of her more....vocal constituents.

I posted the Huffington Post link to show that not everyone hates gamergate.

I posted the Huffington Post link to show that not everyone hates gamergate.

I may have misread that link, then, because what I saw was the writer showing exactly how much they hate Gamergate.

I may have misread that link, then, because what I saw was the writer showing exactly how much they hate Gamergate.

Well, I read it more as a "Can't we all just get along? rather than outright hate toward gg, unlike some who merely condemn it and gamers in general.

I would be more sympathetic to either side if they didn't use the same tactics on each other. Look up #notyourshield and you'll see some surprisingly shady shit.

Well, I read it more as a "Can't we all just get along? rather than outright hate toward gg, unlike some who merely condemn it and gamers in general.

They don't even know what Gamergate is. They've portrayed it as a bunch of vicious and nasty white males, who don't want women to play games, attacking a bunch of helpless, rational women who only wish to see equality in gaming. Not only do they skew the tone in favour of feminazis (who DON'T want equality in gaming, or they'd see it already exists), they also completely miss that it's about corruption and ethics in the games industry, both the media side and the developer side.

This seems to be the biggest concern of feminazis currently. Completely twist what this is about (once again, managing to make it about themselves and how evil men are) and hope that enough people ignorant of this will only hear their version.

Doro does have a point.... 

Men NEVER get death threats, threats of dead parents/spouses/children, I've NEVER seen a man threatening to have all sorts of fun with another man's anus as part of the "text pvp", NEVER seen a guy get jumped by half the game's playerbase for taking the rant against a female too far, and I have NEVER... EVER... seen a woman overreact, SPECIALLY never seen women still not being able to tell the difference between actual men and fags.

EMPATHY GAMES?   Oooooh boy hadn't had the need to say it before but NOW I find myself hoping that the feminazis DO get silenced on this specific one before they DO ruin gaming.

EMPATHY GAMES?   Oooooh boy hadn't had the need to say it before but NOW I find myself hoping that the feminazis DO get silenced on this specific one before they DO ruin gaming.

With the rise of "casual/tourist" gamers, I see the issue of oversimplfying gameplay and toning down the degree of difficulty being a more prevalent problem now. Mainstreamers just want the quick, dirty, and cheap. So I see developers erring on the side of simplicity to boost sales rather than develop a more "gentle" story with a deep sympathetic character.

Look at it this way: back in the 80's and 90's mainstream media was decrying how movies and music were too violent and there needed to be more posititvity. More sunshine and lolipops. Nowadays, the state of music and movies is oversatuated with crap, with a few diamonds out there. Just like games ;)

• Upvote 1

With the rise of "casual/tourist" gamers, I see the issue of oversimplfying gameplay and toning down the degree of difficulty being a more prevalent problem now. Mainstreamers just want the quick, dirty, and cheap. So I see developers erring on the side of simplicity to boost sales rather than develop a more "gentle" story with a deep sympathetic character.

This is exactly it. Why the hell would they think we give two shits about adding more female characters to games? Most games I play have a choice anyway.

We've got the problem of developers releasing half-assed, lazy content just for the sake of making money. And the biggest consumers are brain-dead invalids who don't mind throwing money at it if they see enough fireworks about it. Hence, companies controlling games media to make themselves look better. A shitty direction that needs to be overturned, currently being distracted from by the incessant whining of irrelevant feminazis (from what I've seen, devs and 'journalists' who benefit from this are promoting this misdirection, too).

What the heck is a feminazi? 

SchymanSchyman.jpg

"All men are talibans"

Edit:

Pictured is Gudrun Schyman, who I cannot call anything but a feminazi, and the people in her party are not feminists, they are feminazis.

Vroomie will back me up on this.

People (of either sex) who make big fusses out of nothing/things they've imagined/things they've set up to happen themselves, all while hiding behind the shield of 'feminism'. They tend to benefit from their whines or use it just to further their belief that all men are evil (which is ironic itself). They ignore any issue that affects both sexes, instead only ever complaining about the female side of the issue and will refuse to acknowledge the equivalent male side. And, what annoys me the most, they like to make themselves victims wherever they can, even if it's about something that doesn't involve them or even their sex ('you just attack and threaten me because I'm a woman!' when someone has criticised them for saying something stupid).

Also called SJWs (social justice warriors), harpies, betas, misandrists and professional victims.

Not to be confused with actual feminists.

How many games have females as lead characters? I can think of a few I've played. Tomb Raider series, Bloodrayne, Resident Evil has several female leads, one of the Silent Hills.

How many have black lead characters, male or female? Shadowman is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

How many have black lead characters, male or female? Shadowman is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Depends.

Black main characters: Prototype 2, True Crime: NYC, GTA: San Andreas, The Walking Dead (hold back the feels).

Black selectable characters: Street Fighter series, Tekken series, Mortal Kombat series, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Gears of War (can you be Cole?), SoulCalibur something.

Black main characters from customisation: Any game that allows customisation.

Black main NPCs: Half-Life 2, FF XIII, RE 5.

Can't really think of many more.

From Wikipedia: Feminazi

Feminazi is a term popularized by radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh and in use since the early 1990s. It is a portmanteau of the nouns feminist and Nazi. The online version of the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the term as used in a "usually disparaging" manner, to describe "an extreme or militant feminist".[1]

The term is used pejoratively to attack feminists who are perceived as extreme.

Doro is just channeling his inner conservative right winger.

In his 1992 book The Way Things Ought to Be, Limbaugh credited his friend Tom Hazlett, professor of economics at the University of California at Davis, with coining the term.[6] In the book, Limbaugh also stated that the word refers to unspecified women whose goal is to allow as many abortions as possible, saying at one point that there were fewer than 25 "true feminazis" in the U.S.[7][8][9] Limbaugh has used the term to refer to members of the National Center for Women and Policing, the Feminist Majority Foundation, the National Organization for Women, and other organizations at the March for Women's Lives, a large pro-choice demonstration.

Maybe this is why:

In 2012, Limbaugh blamed "feminazis" as the cause of a decades-long trend of penis shrinking.

Doro is just channeling his inner conservative right winger.

Sure. Because use of a very apt word automatically means your political opinions have to change. /facepalm

Maybe this is why:

Oh I get it. It's fine to try to make fun of a man's sexual organs, but I bet you'd curl up in a ball and cry if even I called you a cunt. Go fuck yourself.

Sure. Because use of a very apt word automatically means your political opinions have to change. /facepalm

Oh I get it. It's fine to try to make fun of a man's sexual organs, but I bet you'd curl up in a ball and cry if even I called you a cunt. Go fuck yourself.

Since I'm an American guy, I rarely get the chance to be called a cunt, so thanks! :)