LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Bango

#gamergate

Noooo ...

Spartacus was actually a Roman who was actually a Thracian which is actually a mix of Bulgarian, Turk, and Greek. =P

Noooo ...

Spartacus was actually a Roman who was actually a Thracian which is actually a mix of Bulgarian, Turk, and Greek. =P

.....with a dimpled chin?

the commentary and thought process in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRnDvUo9bYk

will likely cause the Neo-Marxist identity poison that has currently infected both the Democratic Left & Liberation Feminism to collectively "trigger" a hissy fit on an epic scale.  it should be no time at all before the demonization of Helena Cronin goes into full swing.

even Bill Clinton has warned the Democratic Left of this troubling infiltration of identity politics:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/bill-clinton-gender-and-racial-politics-greatest-threat-to-countrys-future/

the recent Senate elections no doubt factored into this view.

but the ideological schisms that occurred on the Right, paraded in full view for the general public, is now coming of age on the Left in just as garish a display of conflicting ideologies.

and here i am at the center, shaking my head.

also #gamergate.

#still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWn5noD53SI

the commentary and thought process in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRnDvUo9bYk

People like her make me have hope that the world isn't entirely backwards retarded.

Also, that song was amazing.

• Upvote 1

People like her make me have hope that the world isn't entirely backwards retarded.

Also, that song was amazing.

and you just know these Neo-Marxist nutjobs will line up to call her a fake feminist, gender traiter, sister hater & every other "shaming" name-sake they are notorious for employing...  including misogynist.

because preserving "the narrative" trumps all else.

& it is this vomitous level of dishonesty, that has me sporting a new icon.  cluster-fucker, or no...  the fence is no longer palatable.

• Upvote 1

To steer it back into sleazy games companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30212921

PlayStation completely misled customers with an advert that made it seem the Vita and PS3 are more linked than they actually are. They made it seem like you could start a game on your PS3, pause it and then continue on your Vita, without mentioning that it's only for a few games (and not even the one they advertised), under specific circumstances and if you buy the game for BOTH the PS3 and Vita. They also made it seem like you could play multiplayer using the Vita and the PS3 combined, when this is actually impossible.

I was very close to buying a Vita for my girlfriend just for this sort of thing. Fuck that noise.

To steer it back into sleazy games companies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30212921

PlayStation completely misled customers with an advert that made it seem the Vita and PS3 are more linked than they actually are. They made it seem like you could start a game on your PS3, pause it and then continue on your Vita, without mentioning that it's only for a few games (and not even the one they advertised), under specific circumstances and if you buy the game for BOTH the PS3 and Vita. They also made it seem like you could play multiplayer using the Vita and the PS3 combined, when this is actually impossible.

I was very close to buying a Vita for my girlfriend just for this sort of thing. Fuck that noise.

Shame the refund is US only

Shame the refund is US only

Definitely. With the internet being what it is, that advert could have easily influenced a purchase in another country. But, once more, the 'justice' system of the world can't figure out how to keep up with the times.

Steam Sale is on and once again Steam are either being incompetent or outright dishonest. These are problems I've seen so far.

When you go to the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 page, there are two options right next to each other on the same page.

Buy Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Digital Bundle or Buy Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition.

Spotted the problem? For those that didn't, the second option is just for the 1st game only.

And there are many who have already been caught out by this, buying the latter one thinking it was the full second game. So Steam are advertising the option to buy the first game on the second game's page.

There are also issues of games offering a Season Pass and a DLC option, but when you click 'add all DLC', they put the Season Pass in there as well. They're effectively charging you twice for the same content.

For example, I just bought the Max Payne collection. It came with all the DLC in the form of the Season Pass. To double check, I looked at each DLC item to see if I owned it and I did. But the option to 'add all DLC' was still available as if I didn't own it, because it only counted the Season Pass not the individual DLC. So for £2.99 you get the Season Pass, or for £18.80 you get all the DLC that the Season Pass already gives. Even better yet, they put the Season Pass in with it too.

Edit: They now alert you at the point of purchase if you already own the DLC through the Season Pass, but not vice versa.

And another issue that's caught people is different 'versions' of the game. People are getting caught out buying one version of a game and thinking it's different to another version they already have, when most of the time it's the worse version being advertised.

For example, I bought Fallout 3 Ultimate Edition. But they still advertise the base Fallout 3 option to me as if I don't own it. I own it and more to boot, so why have they not just marked it like all the others?

Remember, there's no possible chance of a refund with these bellends either, so be very careful when you buy something.

You know what..... there's plenty of videos of Sarkeesian clips where she says some notable things like.. clip A: "IIIII FUCKIN LOOOOVE GAAAAAMES GAMES BE MAH LIFE!!!!111ONEONE" and clip B she's saying "Until my thesis games were nothing I'd ever looked into, had to really sit down and read and research" .... 

Another one where she basically says "games are too male-oriented, we should have empathy games that are more about social issues and not being fun"... 

Now... of course I'm biased so I decided to subject myself to this:

You draw your own conclusions but as far as I'm concerned, the bitch don't know gaming.

I'll back my statement:

-  She forgot Samus Aran.

-  My friends HATED me in Street Fighter II and its variations, Killer Instinct, and to a lesser degree (more balanced) Mortal Kombat.... I always used the chick characters (Chun-li FTW, Kami, Jade, Kitana, and Killer Instinct was such a friggin sensory overload overkill I don't remember the names tbh lol) because they were OP as fuck.  More recent one, and this weird boxing one on PS2 I'll look up after work, Kiriko, the character.

- Diddy Kong had the helicopter ponytail, 'nuff said.

- Final Fantasy (SNES again), RYDIA, TERRA, CELES.  And only noobs don't love their female healer counterparts..

- Couple decades later, as in now, in any raid you protect the healers before the DPS because everyone's ass depends on it, not because damsel.  Guys just tend to suck at healing, while the lasses teeend to tank less (trends i've seen for years), chicks can do badass dps maiinly on mage classes but I've seen the whole lot of classes, when they do they're vicious as fuck.

- Even a chauvinist pig like me, a proper gamer white male sterotype all the way, has lots of praise for female players he's met along the way, LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of them leading strong guilds btw... 

- She doesn't seem to notice that while some males can be really abusive toward women, yes... She should see the kind of filth and threats men throw at each other in the exact same context, mostly involving PvP situations in pretty much all genres =P

You know what..... there's plenty of videos of Sarkeesian clips where she says some notable things like.. clip A: "IIIII FUCKIN LOOOOVE GAAAAAMES GAMES BE MAH LIFE!!!!111ONEONE" and clip B she's saying "Until my thesis games were nothing I'd ever looked into, had to really sit down and read and research" .... 

Another one where she basically says "games are too male-oriented, we should have empathy games that are more about social issues and not being fun"... 

Now... of course I'm biased so I decided to subject myself to this:

You draw your own conclusions but as far as I'm concerned, the bitch don't know gaming.

I'll back my statement:

-  She forgot Samus Aran.

-  My friends HATED me in Street Fighter II and its variations, Killer Instinct, and to a lesser degree (more balanced) Mortal Kombat.... I always used the chick characters (Chun-li FTW, Kami, Jade, Kitana, and Killer Instinct was such a friggin sensory overload overkill I don't remember the names tbh lol) because they were OP as fuck.  More recent one, and this weird boxing one on PS2 I'll look up after work, Kiriko, the character.

- Diddy Kong had the helicopter ponytail, 'nuff said.

- Final Fantasy (SNES again), RYDIA, TERRA, CELES.  And only noobs don't love their female healer counterparts..

- Couple decades later, as in now, in any raid you protect the healers before the DPS because everyone's ass depends on it, not because damsel.  Guys just tend to suck at healing, while the lasses teeend to tank less (trends i've seen for years), chicks can do badass dps maiinly on mage classes but I've seen the whole lot of classes, when they do they're vicious as fuck.

- Even a chauvinist pig like me, a proper gamer white male sterotype all the way, has lots of praise for female players he's met along the way, LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of them leading strong guilds btw... 

- She doesn't seem to notice that while some males can be really abusive toward women, yes... She should see the kind of filth and threats men throw at each other in the exact same context, mostly involving PvP situations in pretty much all genres =P

She knows fuck all about reality in general. Her only 'talent' is making a drama where there isn't one. She thinks because she's obsessed with gender that everyone else has to be as well, so her brilliant solution is to make more shitty games about having a period.

Her skills would be much better suited in an orchard. She could be top cherry-picker in less than a week.

Her only 'talent' is making a drama where there isn't one.

actually Anita Sarkeesian sees herself as a "culture hacker'  or "remixing the message" to tell a narrative, she herself admits, doesn't currently exist.

skip ahead to the 4 minute 15 second mark to see the start of her Santa Monica College presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2OqlGcfIbo

so yeah, Anita literally does make stuff up...  intentionally.

just like her buddy Jonathan McIntosh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOxLBGz9WF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4noZRsVV30

also plaid flannel shirts seem to be the go too fashion for these white upper middle class city folk.

also, also contemptible dirt-bags, who are more concerned with the message, than truth.

so yes, they will make stuff up wholesale, using other peoples work.

• Upvote 1

While kudoes are due to those who saw and voiced in on the gamergate business while remaining at least relatively rational...... 

As for gamergate and its little sibling, shirtgate .. the whole sordid business viewed as a whole.... 

AWARD TIME!!!! 

tumblr_mktpgb3JWS1ry10fwo1_500.gif

... its little sibling, shirtgate.

have you heard about metal-gate?

i'll let you look that one up yourself, i just popped by to share this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAF2UmyXe-4

Merry Chrimbus!

• Upvote 1

I'd make her a sandwich....

OK I can't watch this... she needs ice and redbull for that vodka.

metalgate... metalgate..... METALGATE!!????

In case a feminazi reads this... 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO JUST FUCKIN NO DON'T DRAG METAL INTO THE BULLSHIT.

WANNA CHAMPION A CAUSE, JOIN THE GODDAMN MILITARY AND ASK TO BE SENT TO THE FRONT LINES AGAINST ISIL AND THE TALIBAN.

Another shady tactic used by Steam.

For some games during the sale, they raise the base price and then give the discount. So, for example, DayZ used to be £29.99 base price. It's now £34.99 base price with 15% off at £29.74.

They're intentionally misleading customers into thinking they're getting deals when they're not.

Another shady tactic used by Steam.

For some games during the sale, they raise the base price and then give the discount. So, for example, DayZ used to be £29.99 base price. It's now £34.99 base price with 15% off at £29.74.

They're intentionally misleading customers into thinking they're getting deals when they're not.

Old Black Frauday trick... nothing new here =P

It's the same trick used by these sofa companies everytime they've got a sale on.

When do they NOT have a sale on in those places? :P