LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Bango

#gamergate

Chris Kluwe agrees:

Other choice passages:

Kluwe doesn't mince words - he's a fun read. :)

He is an idiot shill.

The people on the other side of gamer gate are trying to tear it down and discredit it any way they can.  they are trying to sow discord in the movement and cause it to splinter and break apart.

they are following the text book and a good part of the people on the other side are formally educated in sociology or phycology. 

Their main problem though is their ideology is doomed.  It just will not work it is fundamentally broken.  Bunch of sick control freaks if you ask me.

Kluwe is entertaining.  This along with his lawsuit against the Vikings previously sets himself up as quite the crusader.

http://vimeo.com/109568274

DOOMDED

I'm not a princess in distress but please big corporation and government come in and save me.  

Why not give the message of self empowerment and entrepreneurial spirit.

DOOMED to fail and cause destruction in it wake.

In my very humble opinion i think women and girls are being used by bigger forces here and it saddens me.  It's like a wolf in sheeps clothing,  but we cant evoke or learn anything from fairy tales as they are all sexist backwards trash that needs to be burned....

By the way 60% of all college grads will be women in 2015

think about that for a min.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

So its like those people on Tumblr who hate the terms He or She and get offended if you use them, instead of their own made-up word XIe/Xe. Or those that equate making fun of furries as akin to the Holocaust. Bet they're fun at parties.

Fortuantely, they usually stay online. The closest real life example I've encountered is some guy at Gamestop telling me I shouldn't play Assasin's Creed 3 because it's an "insult to Native Americans". I just stared at him and walked away.

I had a trans person take issue with a tag I used when I reblogged her selfie a few days ago, so I changed it for her and apologized.  I didn't understand what the big deal was, but who am I to judge how she feels about something?  And who are you?  It seems to me that raising an eyebrow and scoffing at other people for their feelings makes you a worse person than people who overreact and imagine things.

I had a trans person take issue with a tag I used when I reblogged her selfie a few days ago, so I changed it for her and apologized.  I didn't understand what the big deal was, but who am I to judge how she feels about something?  And who are you?  It seems to me that raising an eyebrow and scoffing at other people for their feelings makes you a worse person than people who overreact and imagine things.

It seems to me that pandering to the delusions of these overly sensitive special snowflakes makes you a worse person than people who scoff at them.

Kluwe is entertaining.  This along with his lawsuit against the Vikings previously sets himself up as quite the crusader.

Sounds Biil O'Reliy-ish to me. Own that level, he does sound entertaining

But who are you to force to change the way other people think or do things? You didn't have to change your tag, but you did. Maybe you did it out of the kindness of your heart, or maybe you're just a weak-willed person. I don't know you well enough to judge you.

Story time. There is an actor named Adam Richman who hosted a US tv show called Man VS Food, where he'd go and perform bizzare eating challenges. He was a husky fellow and the butt of many jokes online. He decided to move away from his image, so he spent a year losing weight. He was so proud of his acomplishment that he posted his before and after pics on Twitter with the hashtag #thinsperation

How did his fans react? By accusing him of mysogyny and prejudice. Because, see #thinsperation is "owned" by people with anorexia and is only to be used by them........yup. By Adam using that, he's obviously trying to "belittle" them and make fun of their plight.

You can read the rest online in all its glory, which ended up with his new show being cancelled and him ending up apologizing, only to have people mock him for it.

It's ok to say if something offends you. Just don't make them out to be a villain first. All this started because one man wanted to show off how much weight he lost. And he ended up being called a bully and "evil".

It seems to me that pandering to the delusions of these overly sensitive special snowflakes makes you a worse person than people who scoff at them.

55526649.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's ok to say if something offends you. Just don't make them out to be a villain first. 

I was under the impression that "deluded, overly sensitive special snowflakes" were being villainized in this thread, but making a distinction between degrees of overreaction is a good point.  I changed the tag out of kindness.  It's probably a lot harder than most people would think being transgendered, and the same could be said for a woman constantly living under the male gaze.  It's dismissive to banish treatment of women issues to a far off place like the Middle East and say it's only imagined here in the U.S. where ongoing misogyny, at the very least in the form of rape threats and violence, are documented and happening right now.

It's dismissive to banish treatment of women issues to a far off place like the Middle East and say it's only imagined here in the U.S. where ongoing misogyny, at the very least in the form of rape threats and violence, are documented and happening right now.

The issue resides in how prevalent it is. The ones who tend to broadcast it, those who literally make a living out of pointing out misogyny, real or imagined, are those who also don't make a distinction between the acts of an individual and the acts of an entire gender. To them, a single threat is enough to prove that there's some terrible issue with misogyny and women are a poor oppressed creature. They heavily exaggerate and twist events to fit their SJW needs.

Those sorts of people are the people I dismiss, AKA the feminazis.

Edit: actually, this picture gives a good idea of what I'm saying.

a9MEzyD_460s.jpg

How about those of us female gamers who simply have been ignoring the whole damn thing? 

:)

• Upvote 1

How about those of us female gamers who simply have been ignoring the whole damn thing? 

:)

They're all gravy. My girlfriend is one of them. She just finished something called Transistor recently.

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression that "deluded, overly sensitive special snowflakes" were being villainized in this thread, but making a distinction between degrees of overreaction is a good point.  I changed the tag out of kindness.  It's probably a lot harder than most people would think being transgendered, and the same could be said for a woman constantly living under the male gaze.  It's dismissive to banish treatment of women issues to a far off place like the Middle East and say it's only imagined here in the U.S. where ongoing misogyny, at the very least in the form of rape threats and violence, are documented and happening right now.

One of my close family members is a transgender. They chose to reveal that to me in private, because they thought I was the only one who would understand. I was admittedly shocked and disturded at first, and I know it showed on my face. But never did they accuse me of being in the wrong or did they get angry at me. They knew I was uncomfortable, that I needed time to process this. I told them no matter what I'd stand by them. And I did.

Like I said, it's those who paint an issue as black and white, and have an "us vs them" mentality that I take issue with.

And even as a straight male, I know there are issues of mysogyny everywhere. But the message shouldn't be drowned out by grandstanding and chest thumping.

• Upvote 1

http://vimeo.com/109568274

DOOMDED

this is the lost video that made my other post coherent.  

Just discovered this six-week-old article, which shows some more IRC logs from the core group of #gamergaters - in fact, it's from the logs that #gamergaters themselves dumped in an effort to show that, "No, we're not misogynist or anything, this is totally about journalistic ethics."

If you do read it, I hope you enjoy conversations about how large and/or smelly someone's vagina is, how cool it would be to drive someone to kill herself, and strategic discussions of things like "who should be in charge of tweeting nude pics of Zoe Quinn to her and her supporters," - you know, typical discussions of journalism and ethics.

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2014/09/08/zoe-quinns-screenshots-of-4chans-dirty-tricks-were-just-the-appetizer-heres-the-first-course-of-the-dinner-directly-from-the-irc-log/

Oh, and Felicia Day, the creator of The Guild, finally posted about #gamergate.

http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

I'm sure she only posted because she's an attention-seeking money-grubber who likes to play the victim card or something (right, guys?), but she disguises it really well by coming across as very honest and sincere.  Must be some sort of feminist trick.

http://thisfeliciaday.tumblr.com/post/100700417809/the-only-thing-i-have-to-say-about-gamer-gate

Oh, and it took about an hour for some asshole to doxx her after she posted.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/oct/23/felicia-days-public-details-online-gamergate

Chris Kluwe's response to Day being doxxed:

“None of you fucking #gamergate tools tried to dox me, even after I tore you a new one. I’m not even a tough target,” he tweeted. “Instead, you go after a woman who wrote why your movement concerns her.”

Oh, and Felicia Day, the creator of The Guild, finally posted about #gamergate.

I'm sure she only posted because she's an attention-seeking money-grubber who likes to play the victim card or something (right, guys?), but she disguises it really well by coming across as very honest and sincere.  Must be some sort of feminist trick.

Right.  She's clearly a no-name who is just trying to get attention.  If Felicia Day stays silent out of serious fear, and then the fear is immediately clearly justified, it's sort of hard to say this doesn't really exist.

Thanks so much for linking this.  Duly signal boosted to all of my 150 Tumblr followers (lol..). And thanks for reminding me there is more of a groaner anti-hero ending than the recent Dexter final season (Felicia in Dr. Horrible).

Just more of the same, really. People I have no idea about and who I don't even care about existing posting shit that's either retarded or intentionally incendiary, then complaining about whatever backlash as though EVERYONE has done it. Another post that reads as trollbait.

Did anyone read her post? She said she now treats any guy with a gamer shirt as potentially violent misogynists, so much so that she'll now cross the street when seeing them when she said she used to greet them. That is retarded. A few people are busy trolling and making threats, and now all male gamers that exist are treated like it. Then she goes home and gets depressed... by her own labelling of every male gamer as a potential threat.

The whole thing reads like a victim before she's even had anything happen. She sets it up. She's apparently so scared of the entire 'movement' because, instead of pointing out the legitimacy of its point, she acts as if the only purpose is to post threats. An act perpetrated by the minority is now apparently the sole focus of everyone. So she lists everything she's afraid of so these trolls know exactly what to do to upset her, like one child telling another they don't like spiders only to find one thrown in their face.

And after all of this, as if to save face and act like she didn't mean this applies to everyone, she says it's because of the minority that she treats the majority like that even though they probably aren't like that. She says she encourages people not to do what she did (a fair point I didn't expect to see from the self-pitying that came before it). But it's a little too late when the entire tone leads the reader to believe that the only choice of 'side' is reasonable, vulnerable victim or psychotic, emotionless misogynist.

The problem is focusing on trolls and feminazis as if they have a point. Anyone who read her post would have no idea that gamergate is primarily about corruption and journalism in the gaming industry. They would think it is entirely about attacking women. But, because of the efforts of both trolls hiding amongst gamers and feminazis playing the professional victim, the point is lost.

Even if people abandoned gamergate and tried to start up anew with the same point but without the hang ons, there would still be trolls and feminazis usurping it and devolving it for their own purpose: to troll and to cry 'misogynist' at every opportunity.

I have very little opinion on this whole issue, the whole thing from both sides of the issue has become a fucked up mess that is deviating away from the original issue and becoming trolled into pointlessness.

To be really honest, I couldn't care less if some dev fucked her way to good reviews, if that's what she wanted to do then she can do what she wants, it makes no difference to me because I don't listen to journalism when I choose a game to play, heck I don't even take advice from close friends and family when it comes to games, I try it and if it's good I play it, if it's not good I don't play it, as simple as that.

I have very little opinion on this whole issue, the whole thing from both sides of the issue has become a fucked up mess that is deviating away from the original issue and becoming trolled into pointlessness.

To be really honest, I couldn't care less if some dev fucked her way to good reviews, if that's what she wanted to do then she can do what she wants, it makes no difference to me because I don't listen to journalism when I choose a game to play, heck I don't even take advice from close friends and family when it comes to games, I try it and if it's good I play it, if it's not good I don't play it, as simple as that.

If everyone did as you do (and I do the same), then it wouldn't be a problem. But these guys make a lot of money for being puppets for game designers. Which means companies are finding less need to make an actually good game with a good amount of content because, for all intents and purposes, they make it seem like a good game by having the 'reviewers' sing their praises for personal gain. From the outside, a game can be hyped up beyond belief and most of the time they need to be bought to experience it. So these companies make money by controlling the media surrounding what they make.

And when it comes to 'indie devs', we've got people making copies of existing games (or even things that shouldn't even be labelled as a 'game') and making money by tricking customers. They change names of titles to avoid negative associations with previous releases they've had of exactly the same game they failed with a few months ago. They leave them in 'alpha access' forever. But if they can manipulate these reviewers, that idiots seem to trust, then they benefit from it.

Even if we don't fall for their tricks, there are countless others who have and will continue to do so. And all that results in is a dilution of genuinely good games and money made by companies undeserving of it. Hence, the cesspool we currently call the games industry.

I don't think they are updated any more but here's a good insight into the daily experiences of average female gamers,

http://fatuglyorslutty.com

http://www.notinthekitchenanymore.com

I really don't see why any gamer should have to put up with regular messages and communications of the ilk contained in these websites, fortunately as a man I don't normally have to...

... fortunately as a man I don't normally have to...

You should try playing online more often. Here's a quick list of things you're likely to hear:

'Faggot'

'I fucked your mum'

'Go fuck your dad'

'Fucking retard, l2p'

'Suck my dick'

'You got fucking raped, noob'

'You're a fat ugly virgin, get a life'

'Like being my bitch?'

'So fucking stupid, why are you on my team?'

'Kill yourself, you suck'

Etc.

Online 'abuse' exists for both sides.

You should try playing online more often. Here's a quick list of things you're likely to hear:

'Faggot'

'I fucked your mum'

'Go fuck your dad'

'Fucking retard, l2p'

'Suck my dick'

'Like being my bitch?'

Etc.

That's the tame list too .. :P

• Upvote 2

I get Felicia Day mixed up with Olivia Munn. Didn't one of them say in a Maxim interview that they hated being called a geek girl and their fanbase? I know it was one of them who was supposedly rude to her fans at a con a few years back.

I know my cousin reads Maxim, so I wonder if he has the issue.

'Faggot'

'I fucked your mum'

'Go fuck your dad'

'Fucking retard, l2p'

'Suck my dick'

'Like being my bitch?'

Etc.

Ah, I love playing COD....It's the only time I've ever been threatened by someone in the Mafia (allegedly) and the Yakuza (I'm sure they consider a 10 year old a member, right ;) )

I'm always glad when I get shit like that thrown at me.

Means I'm good enough to piss them off.

Being called a cheater or hacker is the absolute top!