LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Bango

#gamergate

I'm always glad when I get shit like that thrown at me.

Means I'm good enough to piss them off.

Being called a cheater or hacker is the absolute top!

I was once told by what must have been a 12 year old that he fucked my mother often. I was so proud to hear it, because it means one day my dad grows up to be a time traveller!!!

It is funny as hell having a kid cuss at you on mic.

Ah, those glorious Xbox Live days of yore. I made many "friends" on Halo 2/3

Just more of the same, really. People I have no idea about and who I don't even care about existing posting shit that's either retarded or intentionally incendiary, then complaining about whatever backlash as though EVERYONE has done it. Another post that reads as trollbait.

Did anyone read her post? She said she now treats any guy with a gamer shirt as potentially violent misogynists, so much so that she'll now cross the street when seeing them when she said she used to greet them. That is retarded. A few people are busy trolling and making threats, and now all male gamers that exist are treated like it. Then she goes home and gets depressed... by her own labelling of every male gamer as a potential threat.

The whole thing reads like a victim before she's even had anything happen. She sets it up. She's apparently so scared of the entire 'movement' because, instead of pointing out the legitimacy of its point, she acts as if the only purpose is to post threats. An act perpetrated by the minority is now apparently the sole focus of everyone. So she lists everything she's afraid of so these trolls know exactly what to do to upset her, like one child telling another they don't like spiders only to find one thrown in their face.

And after all of this, as if to save face and act like she didn't mean this applies to everyone, she says it's because of the minority that she treats the majority like that even though they probably aren't like that. She says she encourages people not to do what she did (a fair point I didn't expect to see from the self-pitying that came before it). But it's a little too late when the entire tone leads the reader to believe that the only choice of 'side' is reasonable, vulnerable victim or psychotic, emotionless misogynist.

The problem is focusing on trolls and feminazis as if they have a point. Anyone who read her post would have no idea that gamergate is primarily about corruption and journalism in the gaming industry. They would think it is entirely about attacking women. But, because of the efforts of both trolls hiding amongst gamers and feminazis playing the professional victim, the point is lost.

Even if people abandoned gamergate and tried to start up anew with the same point but without the hang ons, there would still be trolls and feminazis usurping it and devolving it for their own purpose: to troll and to cry 'misogynist' at every opportunity.

In the end this has nothing to do with gaming and everything to do with the structure of the internet and the free flow of information on it.  

It is about censorship and gate keeping.

i will point you all back to this

http://popdust.com/2014/09/24/emma-watson-nude-photos-hoax-4chan-rantic-fake-website-gender-equality/

same thing different tact 

You should try playing online more often. Here's a quick list of things you're likely to hear:

'Faggot'

'I fucked your mum'

'Go fuck your dad'

'Fucking retard, l2p'

'Suck my dick'

'You got fucking raped, noob'

'You're a fat ugly virgin, get a life'

'Like being my bitch?'

'So fucking stupid, why are you on my team?'

'Kill yourself, you suck'

Etc.

Online 'abuse' exists for both sides.

And when was the last time you got messaged on Xbox live with a photo of someone's dick? Online live chat is a cesspool for everyone but my Xbox messages have never had the content in them that many women have demonstrated happens on a regular basis. This isn't about having different standards in live chat for women in gaming it's about being left alone outside of that environment without having to put up with an inbox full of messages from tossers who think its OK to harass a women once a game has finished. That's what (as a man) in general I don't have to put up with..

Bipeds who make a point of harassing anyone, but specially those who target women... 

The good news is that they're HIGHLY likely to eventually forget themselves irl, or get tracked down, and injured severely for their insolence.

Let me tell y'all something.. when you manage to track down one of those and realize you got physical access to that person.... 

Vigilantism should be legalized and regulated... highly therapeutic when done with a measured dose of the ol' violence ^_^

I have very little opinion on this whole issue, the whole thing from both sides of the issue has become a fucked up mess that is deviating away from the original issue and becoming trolled into pointlessness.

To be really honest, I couldn't care less if some dev fucked her way to good reviews, if that's what she wanted to do then she can do what she wants, it makes no difference to me because I don't listen to journalism when I choose a game to play, heck I don't even take advice from close friends and family when it comes to games, I try it and if it's good I play it, if it's not good I don't play it, as simple as that.

Except it turns out that she didn't fuck her way to any reviews, good or bad.  The gaming journalist she slept with never reviewed her game.

The questions involve Nathan Grayson, who began writing for us part-time in March and joined us full-time in July.

The allegations have been extreme. Nathan has been accused of in some way trading positive coverage of a developer for the opportunity to sleep with her, of failing to disclose that he was in a romantic relationship with a developer he had written about, and that he'd given said developer's game a favorable review. All of those are troubling claims that we take seriously. All would be violations of the standards we maintain. Having spoken to Nathan several times, having looked closely at the numerous messages sent our way by concerned readers and, having compared published timelines, our leadership team finds no compelling evidence that any of that is true.

On March 31, Nathan published the only Kotaku article he's written involving Zoe Quinn. It was about Game Jam, a failed reality show that Zoe and other developers were upset about being on. At the time, Nathan and Zoe were professional acquaintances. He quoted blog posts written by Zoe and others involved in the show. Shortly after that, in early April, Nathan and Zoe began a romantic relationship. He has not written about her since. Nathan never reviewed Zoe Quinn's game Depression Quest, let alone gave it a favorable review.

The "original issue" was an angry ex-boyfriend who ranted online about her alleged sexual exploits (oh no, a woman had sex with other people!  Slut!), and then got some 4channers to agree to try to ruin her life.  That's pretty much it.  "Ethics in gaming journalism" has been a bullshit facade from the start.  If it actually ever does become about ethics in gaming journalism rather than trolling, stalking, threatening, doxxing, and harrassing women in gaming (and the tech industry in general), then it will have finally deviated from the orginal issue.

And when was the last time you got messaged on Xbox live with a photo of someone's dick? Online live chat is a cesspool for everyone but my Xbox messages have never had the content in them that many women have demonstrated happens on a regular basis. This isn't about having different standards in live chat for women in gaming it's about being left alone outside of that environment without having to put up with an inbox full of messages from tossers who think its OK to harass a women once a game has finished. That's what (as a man) in general I don't have to put up with..

If a dick pic is as much harassment as women get that's different, I just can't see the issue. I've had times when I've logged off of a game and had people constantly trying to bug me elsewhere because I beat them in-game. I've had people follow me from game to game just to be annoying. But I've never had to deal with getting an easy-to-ignore dick pic after a game (I'll take a tit pic any day of the week!). Tends to just be bile.

Except it turns out that she didn't fuck her way to any reviews, good or bad.  The gaming journalist she slept with never reviewed her game.

The "original issue" was an angry ex-boyfriend who ranted online about her alleged sexual exploits (oh no, a woman had sex with other people!  Slut!), and then got some 4channers to agree to try to ruin her life.  That's pretty much it.  "Ethics in gaming journalism" has been a bullshit facade from the start.  If it actually ever does become about ethics in gaming journalism rather than trolling, stalking, threatening, doxxing, and harrassing women in gaming (and the tech industry in general), then it will have finally deviated from the orginal issue.

Don't you hate it when small things start big things?

Like that harmless little robbery in the Watergate building that even to this day is the name sake for most corruption scandals.

It is about corruption and abuse of power and position and its effects on the industry and the public that use it.  If you are in the industry these days you most likely have huge contempt for the public that makes your industry possible.  You may even hate them so much that you want to ditch them and find a new base. See turbine and their failure.  

But lets get back to the dick.

I have a question if some one sends some one a random dick in an email what should happen to that person?

should you send a swat team to their house and execute them?

should you ban them from the internet?

should you ban them from that service on the internet?  If they come back do you send the swat team? Or if they as the market choose to go else where do you take their civil liberties away all soviet style because you want to now play in the place they fled too because you killed the other place?

Do you push for a government regulated internet ID? (I think this is what this is all about in the end)

But when the government ID does come into place you will still get your Dick pic's the only difference is no one is going to care because the objective was accomplished and you were just a tool so suck on the dick and enjoy the tax and the repression of things that are actually important.

• Upvote 2

The gaming journalist she slept with never reviewed her game.

an angry ex-boyfriend who ranted online about her alleged sexual exploits.

ok, lets focus on this, since you seem to want to soo badly...

so they weren't dating when she was sleeping around?

and it isn't like they were married anyway...  they probably even had an open relationship agreement...  right?

they broke up & then the boyfriend started slurring her?

just want to get the events clear & since you seem to be the resident expert on the timeline.

she dumped him & then he started acting like a complete jerk?

why did they break up again?

and to why i will not be distracted by a sideshow & will continue to focus on the actual issues on both sides?

when the right tries to stir folk into hysterics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1080189/Young-Republican-claimed-Obama-supporter-carved-letter-B-face-robbery-story-police-say.html

McCain-Supporter-Ashley-Todd-Attacked.jp

& the left tries the same tactic:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/03/meg-lanker-simons-hoax-university-wisconsin_n_3210326.html

meg-03.jpg

i will not be pulled off issues, by sensationalists.

when both sides stop focusing on demonizing the other...  then perhaps we can get back to focusing on the issues?

&

dear Felicia Day,

i've watched & thoroughly enjoyed every (yes i have watched it all) vlog-episode of The Guild (Robin Thorsin is my fav...  sorry everyone else.)  & have watched you since your initiate days on "Buffy" , (Tom Lenk was my fav...  again sorry to the rest.) to your more recent stuff on supernatural...  (#team Jared )

it is a pity, you should now think a vast group of people are now something to fear, because of a few.

it is a shame that efforts to polarize folk onto sides, has any relevance whatsoever.  the issues on each side are all that matter.

why shifting focus onto boogy-persons, or efforts to demonize entire demographics, because of the actions of some very small people.

i hope you do continue to create & participate. & i will continue to support that...  especially if it includes Robin Thorsin & Tom Lenk.  :Y

signed,

some random gamer.

PS:  i also liked Spooked

PSS:  does Julian Curtis seem like a modern day Aussie, Timothy Hutton?  ... just me then?  OK.

PPSS:  you totally went here for that coffee, right?

caff-artigiano-7.jpg

well played!

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't usually bother spreading the stupid shit of feminazis around here, but this was just too insane not to. A 'famous' feminazi on Twitter decided to some how find away to blame men as a whole for these mass shootings in the US. Here they are.

'Mass shootings are one tragic consequence of a culture that perpetuates toxic ideas of masculinity. This is how patriarchy can harm men too.'

'Not a coincidence it’s always men and boys committing mass shootings. The pattern is connected to ideas of toxic masculinity in our culture.'

'We need to seriously address connections between violence, sexism and toxic ideas of manhood before boys and men commit more mass shootings.'

After these three retarded comments, she then decided to try to play the victim when people reproached her for it by saying this:

'Last night I tweeted about how toxic forms of violent masculinity can be harmful to men and boys. #gamergate is still harassing me for it.'

'Our culture is deeply sick when simply asking questions about how toxic forms of masculinity may harm men leads to hours of hate on Twitter.'

You seriously cannot make this shit up.

Did anyone read her post? She said she now treats any guy with a gamer shirt as potentially violent misogynists, so much so that she'll now cross the street when seeing them when she said she used to greet them. That is retarded. A few people are busy trolling and making threats, and now all male gamers that exist are treated like it. Then she goes home and gets depressed... by her own labelling of every male gamer as a potential threat.

Clearly you didn't but what's new? Reading fail.

I have allowed a handful of anonymous people censor me. They have forced me, out of fear, into seeing myself a potential victim.

And that makes me loathe not THEM, but MYSELF.

So I write this to urge any person, male or female, who now has the impulse to do what I did, to walk away from something they loved before, to NOT.

<snip>

A small minority are putting up barbed wire walls between us who love games. And that is sad. Because odds are 99% certain that those guys on the street who I avoided would have been awesome to talk to. I realize that letting the actions of a few hateful people influence my behavior is the absolutely worst thing I could do in life. And not an example I want to set, ever.

Man it's pretty sad what this board had devolved into. Mainly people who act like horrible human beings online (a few reasonable people left, but most have been driven off.) It's become an echo chamber of shit. Pity.

Yes I agree, anyone who posts something that digs a little too deep and cast doubt on hollow narrative that cant sand under its own weight is clearly a troll and should be banned from the internet or better yet burned at the stake. 

Man it's pretty sad what this board had devolved into. Mainly people who act like horrible human beings online (a few reasonable people left, but most have been driven off.) It's become an echo chamber of shit. Pity.

The board is OK talking about games, but there are some conservative men here who tend to dominate threads, and some angry men (angry about men being blamed), and some who are vigilant in denying that sexism against women exists or is important. The amount of denial is huge on these board - and it's all men who are denying that women face sexism. I guess this board is a pretty accurate reflection of society. I agree it has gotten worse here than a few years ago.

I was talking to my 75-year old mother about gamergate and right away she said: "it is always under the surface" meaning men's bad treatment and negative feelings towards women. I thought her statement cut to the point. She is studied history for her work, focusing on women rights in American history (like women fighting for the right to vote). She also worked and was very successful in a male dominated industry.

Anyway, now let the denial/dismissal of sexism by male posters begin:

Nosam, you're really going to have to prove that the Male Posters in this thread has denied that there is any sexism towards women ever, otherwise, you're just shooting your mouth off again without backing it up with evidence.

• Upvote 1

Nosam, you're really going to have to prove that the Male Posters in this thread has denied that there is any sexism towards women ever, otherwise, you're just shooting your mouth off again without backing it up with evidence.

That is pretty easy to do - to point out denial and minimizing. However, of course no one has "denied there is ANY sexism" towards women. I don't think it is everyone - people have diverse views here. But I am pretty sure Doro and several others have minimized or dismissed the impact of sexism on women. I will look for a few quotes.

EDIT:  Sorry Doro to pick on you. I am not trying to target you in this post.

Doro pretty much saying there is less harassment in the game industry than some women have reported. This is somewhat denial of harassment of women.

There was a story recently on the BBC about some feminist game dev complaining about 'targeted harassment' after she decided to post an image intended to troll the extreme side of gamergate. She then used that to say that all women in the games industry want to leave it because they're all getting harassed.

Doro 1) saying sexism is "very minor problems". Saying women are over reacting. Saying sexism, harassment, or gender bias are not "important issues". 2) dismissing issues raised about portrayal of women in games.

Nah, it's used for people who exaggerate or imagine very minor problems they see in society and overreact to them, without much concern focused on actually important issues.

For example, portrayal of women in video games becoming this whole imagined 'misogynist' thing

Kind of speaks for itself: Doro speaking about transgender people wanting to be treated certain ways. Note the overly sensitive - meaning these people do not have legitimate concerns. This is not about women, but people often use this tactic, saying women who speak up about sexism are just being over-sensitive. It's denial.

... pandering to the delusions of these overly sensitive special snowflakes

SIlverangel's comment after Doro's post, commenting on what other people have said in this thread:

It's dismissive to banish treatment of women issues to a far off place like the Middle East and say it's only imagined here in the U.S. where ongoing misogyny, at the very least in the form of rape threats and violence, are documented and happening right now.

Doro dismissing and minimizing sexism:

The issue resides in how prevalent it is. The ones who tend to broadcast it, those who literally make a living out of pointing out misogyny, real or imagined

Then it is mostly a bunch of posts with a few men arguing (with women?) that women don't get treated worse, that everyone get's bad treatment on the internet.  I am not saying all of these comments are untrue. I think both sides have points, but in general the common theme is minimizing the existence and impact of sexism. Basically saying some women are over-sensitive or imagining things. Lasrael and I think a few others in this thread are arguing that women speaking about sexism are just extremists. Again, dismissing what women say is their experience (daily treatment and bias against them as women). I am sure in other threads I could find similar comments.

• Upvote 1

The board is OK talking about games, but there are some conservative men here who tend to dominate threads, and some angry men (angry about men being blamed), and some who are vigilant in denying that sexism against women exists or is important. The amount of denial is huge on these board - and it's all men who are denying that women face sexism. I guess this board is a pretty accurate reflection of society. I agree it has gotten worse here than a few years ago.

I was talking to my 75-year old mother about gamergate and right away she said: "it is always under the surface" meaning men's bad treatment and negative feelings towards women. I thought her statement cut to the point. She is studied history for her work, focusing on women rights in American history (like women fighting for the right to vote). She also worked and was very successful in a male dominated industry.

Anyway, now let the denial/dismissal of sexism by male posters begin:

That is pretty easy to do - to point out denial and minimizing. However, of course no one has "denied there is ANY sexism" towards women. I don't think it is everyone - people have diverse views here. But I am pretty sure Doro and several others have minimized or dismissed the impact of sexism on women. I will look for a few quotes.

Do you think there is sexism towards men in our present day society?

I think it is getting bad on college campuses or maybe women are far superior to men and men are just irrelevant and will be made redundant with medical advances. 2015 will see 60% female grads vs 40% male.  

Real Estate Sales is another industry now dominated by women.  look how men are portrayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QIvSdbU878 

sexists? 

another thing name a positive white male role model on primetime TV.  use a family show exclude adult dramas.

Sad how posting the above and not just pandering to a bad out of control cause makes me a woman hater.  I probably beat my wife too....  So sad when that's the come back all the time.

Do you think there is sexism towards men in our present day society?

Ifreborn, my point is, women are treated differently - at least in the US (the only place I know well). They get harassed. They get treated worse on jobs or in schools because they are women. It is just the way our society evolved. If you look at history - you can see women were not treated fairly or respected - such as 100 years ago. That legacy lives on - and also is getting better. Women are treated worse than men, in general. Think about male dominated businesses - women don't always get the same respect as men do.

The problem is much worse because men deny that this happens. 

Can there be sexism against men - sure. Is it widespread in the US. I don't think so. I believe it is a fact - a reality that women get treated worse in many places in society. Does that mean we should blame all men? No. Does it mean all men - anything? No. People are individuals. Can women treat men badly? Yes. But that doesn't make sexism something imagined. With all the complex situations, and different people in US society - it is still a fact women often get treated badly for being women. Treated as a sex object, not respected for their intelligence or opinions. Subtly treated worse, or passed over for a promotion, etc. And there are a lot of countries where it is even worse than the US.  It is just an unhappy fact of the world - but denying it doesn't help. Anyway, that is what I think.

The people who would know - who experience it - are women. And if you bother to listen or ask them, a lot of women will say, yes, sexism and bias exists. And it is not extreme people saying this, and their message also is not extreme, or blaming all men.

As far as pay there is some good data out there but it is not used

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/12/11/on-pay-gap-millennial-women-near-parity-for-now/

then strip out the 1%  of the wealthy.

not everyone is a top executive or CEO 50% of Americans make less than $28k per year.  I'm sure if you are a greater at Walmart or a cashier pay inequality of the sex is the last thing on your mind.

I think it is getting bad on college campuses or maybe women are far superior to men and men are just irrelevant and will be made redundant with medical advances. 2015 will see 60% female grads vs 40% male.  

We have universal education in the US, and more and more people are getting college degrees. But it will be a very long time before women hold equal positions and power in business and the government.  In the US, more and more women are in business and in top positions, but you still have almost all the top US government positions and top business positions held by men.

Women are only 18 percent of the US congress. In 1991 they were only about 6 percent. A few years before that it was 3 or less % women in the body of US leaders.  In business: women are only 14.6 percent of executive officers, 8.1 percent of top earners, and 4.6 percent of Fortune 500 CEOs.  Look down to the second paragraph of this page I link and you can see how few women are high level leaders in many industries. In social services, most employees are women, and yet vastly more CEOs and managers are men.

This is a really good article:

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/women/report/2014/03/07/85457/fact-sheet-the-womens-leadership-gap/

Ifreborn, my point is, women are treated differently - at least in the US (the only place I know well). They get harassed. They get treated worse on jobs or in schools because they are women. It is just the way our society evolved. If you look at history - you can see women were not treated fairly or respected - such as 100 years ago. That legacy lives on - and also is getting better. Women are treated worse than men, in general. Think about male dominated businesses - women don't always get the same respect as men do.

The problem is much worse because men deny that this happens. 

Can there be sexism against men - sure. Is it widespread in the US. I don't think so. I believe it is a fact - a reality that women get treated worse in many places in society. Does that mean we should blame all men? No. Does it mean all men - anything? No. People are individuals. Can women treat men badly? Yes. But that doesn't make sexism something imagined. With all the complex situations, and different people in US society - it is still a fact women often get treated badly for being women. Treated as a sex object, not respected for their intelligence or opinions. Subtly treated worse, or passed over for a promotion, etc. And there are a lot of countries where it is even worse than the US.  It is just an unhappy fact of the world - but denying it doesn't help. Anyway, that is what I think.

The people who would know - who experience it - are women. And if you bother to listen or ask them, a lot of women will say, yes, sexism and bias exists. And it is not extreme people saying this, and their message also is not extreme, or blaming all men.

men get harassed too.  

Liars poker is a good read 

the wolf of wall street was a great movie

It is lonely at the top and it's a cold world.  Anyone who makes money or power their end most of the time is an ass.

I went to an all boys prep school, you learn to cope and those that do succeed. Most woman are told its wrong it shouldn't be done. That world is a bad place and they just shut down.  they can't cope.  You need to learn when to just not open the email or take the insult personally.  They are trying to knock you down not because you are a woman but because they want the raise they want the promotion.  It not because you are a female, it's just how it is.  This whole movement in its current state is having the opposite effect on women and an adverse effect on the economy.  the jungle spirits are not pleased and they always win in the end.

Making money and being at the top is dog eat dog.  That is the way it is.  It not polite it is by no means civil and anyone who thinks it is or trys to make it that way will be broken by the machine or break the machine.

By the way, if you manage to break the machine, pay inequality will be the last thing on your mind.

Those assholes in the end do serve a purpose,  you just cant get in the way of them self destructing and rolling over each other.  The systems needs to flush out the old crap regularly and let the new crap come in.

right now  we have a very bad case of constipation.

I would classify the real in your face feminists like Anita Sarkeesian as women that have learned to cope and are in the true asshole alpha 1% types.  They are going to use anything and everything to get their way.  She even manipulates gender roles and paints woman as helpless and in need of rescue to accomplish her goal, which is empowerment????? what? I had a professor who always would say "you are what you mock"  Took me years to come to a full appreciation of its meaning.  

But, If you cant see that or even consider that I don't know what to say.

• Upvote 2

Clearly you didn't but what's new? Reading fail.

The irony of telling other people they made a 'reading fail' when being unable to even read what I wrote. I already pointed out she said that further in my post.

• Upvote 1

EDIT:  Sorry Doro to pick on you. I am not trying to target you in this post.

It's all good. Bit weird you'd pick me to prove your point about misogynists, though.

Doro pretty much saying there is less harassment in the game industry than some women have reported. This is somewhat denial of harassment of women.

No, I'm saying this one particular person decided to do something incendiary and then used the expected fallout to say ALL women in the games industry suffered what she did because of it. It was limited to just her.

Doro 1) saying sexism is "very minor problems". Saying women are over reacting. Saying sexism, harassment, or gender bias are not "important issues". 2) dismissing issues raised about portrayal of women in games.

Not in the slightest. I'm saying the concerns of feminazis, the 'SJWs', as being minor problems. I'm saying feminazis overreact, and usually for a reason. And I'm saying the imagined slights they come up with are not important issues.

But yes, I do dismiss the issues of the portrayal of women in games. I get the whole 'bikini-clad warrior' thing being bullshit, but women aren't the only ones to get that treatment. It seems that while it's bad for women to be sexualised, it's fine for men to be shown as in the running for the next Mr Olympia.

Kind of speaks for itself: Doro speaking about transgender people wanting to be treated certain ways. Note the overly sensitive - meaning these people do not have legitimate concerns. This is not about women, but people often use this tactic, saying women who speak up about sexism are just being over-sensitive. It's denial.

Again, false. It's not about 'legitimate concerns', it's about people wanting to be referred to as 'xe/xer' or any other weird word. Like those who think they're otherkin or such bollocks, they're being overly sensitive when people don't refer to them in their specially chosen way.

Doro dismissing and minimizing sexism:

Again, wrong. I'm not dismissing or minimising LEGITIMATE sexism concerns. I'm dismissing those created by feminazis who do so solely to make money or push their agenda. The imaginary issues they cry about. The times when they say something stupid, get rebuked for it and then cry it's because they're a woman that people criticised them. Those people.

Then it is mostly a bunch of posts with a few men arguing (with women?) that women don't get treated worse, that everyone get's bad treatment on the internet.  I am not saying all of these comments are untrue. I think both sides have points, but in general the common theme is minimizing the existence and impact of sexism. Basically saying some women are over-sensitive or imagining things. Lasrael and I think a few others in this thread are arguing that women speaking about sexism are just extremists. Again, dismissing what women say is their experience (daily treatment and bias against them as women). I am sure in other threads I could find similar comments.

I've pretty much covered this already in this post, but as a sort of TL;DR: It's not feminism that's the issue. It's feminazis.

Though I will say it's odd how much you read into my posts, considering the majority of what you thought I've said has been entirely wrong.

Edit: I thought I'd make a list of the types of people I mean, so that it's perfectly clear. These aren't feminists, these are feminazis.

Anita Sarkeesian: Made $160,000 on Kickstarter to make some videos about feminist issues in video games. Lied in her video saying she was a gamer and that she loved games, despite saying previously she didn't like video games at all and knew nothing about them. Made those videos with nothing proving the $160k was put to good use, and continues to this day to misrepresent games for her own cause of making money (she once claimed Hitman was just a simulation to abuse and murder women). Posted the Tweets I listed further up this thread.

Melody Hensley: Claimed she got PTSD from 'cyber-bullying' and ended up bedridden, then said people criticised her because she was a woman and a feminist. She continues to insist her suffering is as bad as war vets.

Rebecca Watson: There's so much wrong with this one I don't know where to begin. She once claimed that men who like science but don't really care about feminism are WORSE than rape threats. YouTuber Thunderf00t has done a few videos detailing what she's like.

Chanty Binx: An aggressive, foul-mouthed (even for me) feminazi... it's probably a better idea just to watch videos of her first. Her nickname's 'Big Red'. She really is a peach.

Meg Lanker Simons: Ifreborn has already posted about her. She made up her own threats to paint her opponents in a bad light.

Brianna Wu: She's potentially on this list, as there's suspicion she set up her own threats on a single account called @Gamergater 'Gamergate Supporter'. She also posted a picture saying that it was made by her abusers and it was to target one of her games. But the picture was apparently made 4 days before she got any threats. When this was pointed out, her Tweet about it was deleted. Though I'm sceptical, despite how she's behaved.