LOTROCommunity

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, the problem with the Internet is that it presents a public stage for anyone who feels offended by anything. Riothungry press all too happily obliges to get more pageviews on their addridden sit

I like the fact that Nosam said there are sexist men on this board and points to Doro.

I can see that your y and o key are working ok from previous posts, perhaps you are just unsure of the spelling?

Maybe I can summarize this thread:

1) OP brings up gamergate.

2) A little discussion.

2) A lot of this: male posters attacking various women.

That is a perfect response to women bringing up gender issues.

Terrible summary. More like

3) Criticism of the bullshit charades feminazis are playing to discredit the entire issue being portrayed as attacks on various women.

How about you actually start reading what people write, not what you're imagining in your SJW bubble? You can't even figure out that Gamergate is about corruption in the games industry, NOT gender issues, so far off base you are.

Doro,

Tell me that you and a few other people are not attacking some women. You posts are criticizing them and making fun of them and their views. So, yes, men attacking women is exactly what is going on in the latest part of this thread.

I am not defending what they have said, or arguing about your points, but merely pointing out what is happening.

Lastly, tell me with a straight face that in the Gamergate fiacso, men have not been attacking women.

Terrible summary. 

• Upvote 1

Doro,

Tell me that you and a few other people are not attacking some women. You posts are criticizing them and making fun of them and their views. So, yes, men attacking women is exactly what is going on in the latest part of this thread.

Oh heaven forbid that we criticise their views! How dare a woman's views ever get criticised?! How sexist of me!

Fuck sake, man, get a clue. Calling people out on bullshit isn't attacking them. You can put your whiteknight shield away, it doesn't work here.

Glad you made it clear that was a joke, because seriously comparing those two men with these feminazis would be just retarded.

Yeah, I realized later that it could be taken as putting Sarkeesian, et al. on the same level as King and Malcom X, which I didn't mean (nor think).  The joke was mostly pointing out how critics of a [white male-dominated] system often get painted as malcontents, or making a big issue out of nothing, lazy, willing victims, publicity-seeking, etc.

In other words, it's not exactly a new tactic to pathologize critics rather than actually address their criticisms, as you've mostly done in this thread.  You create a motivation for these women (money grubbing, seeking fame, whatever), then dismiss them based on the motivation that you just made up.  Their points can never be valid - nor even addressed - because you've already decided that their motives for making the points don't meet some invisible standard that you have established.

In other words, it's not exactly a new tactic to pathologize critics rather than actually address their criticisms, as you've mostly done in this thread.  You create a motivation for these women (money grubbing, seeking fame, whatever), then dismiss them based on the motivation that you just made up.  Their points can never be valid - nor even addressed - because you've already decided that their motives for making the points don't meet some invisible standard that you have established.

I think you misunderstand me. I dismiss them because I've heard their 'concerns'. That is how I know they're professional victims, because I've actually heard what they have to say. I don't dismiss actual feminists with actual concerns. I dismiss the rabid feminazis who make stupid points. The ones who twist feminism into this bizarre version in which equality isn't the goal, complaining about men and pushing misandry is. The ones that make actual feminists look bad.

To go back to your analogy, it's like lumping in MLK with Danielle Watts (a black actress who was recently asked for ID after an officer responded to reports of 'lewd behaviour', but then went into meltdown and pulled out the race card for no reason).

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/wr7hqq/gamergate---anita-sarkeesian

I would say there is a conspiracy but it is too out in the open  To label it that.

Total joke.

those death threats are fabricated or they create an environment where they first claim death threats and then you get copy cats who just follow the bread crumb trap.

Problem reaction solution.  Text book

Terrible summary. More like

3) Criticism of the bullshit charades feminazis are playing to discredit the entire issue being portrayed as attacks on various women.

How about you actually start reading what people write, not what you're imagining in your SJW bubble? You can't even figure out that Gamergate is about corruption in the games industry, NOT gender issues, so far off base you are.

I never pictured you as a Rush Limbaugh fan....... :O

malcolm_x.jpg

Can you imagine the shitstorm if Malcolm X were alive today? No fly list for sure, probably considered a terrorists by the Federal government,.

As he proved, the Islam of the Nation of Islam is far-removed from the Islam in the rest of the world.

Can you imagine the shitstorm if Malcolm X were alive today? No fly list for sure, probably considered a terrorists by the Federal government,.

Nah, he didn't even wear the get up. Plus, he was getting targeted by Muslims himself.

Nah, he didn't even wear the get up. Plus, he was getting targeted by Muslims himself.

Yes, because he left!!!

........and pointed out that the leader at the time was screwing every female member he could get his hands on, the younger the better.

I'll preface this by saying that I realize that this could just be a dozen misguided redditors (sp?), but I give you...

"In Which #Gamergaters Reminisce About How Jack Thompson, Who Wanted to Destroy Video Games Entirely, Wasn't All That Bad, At Least Not in Comparison to Anita Sarkeesian, Who Wants to See More Games Made With Female and non-White Main Characters"

http://np.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/2kr040/postcolbert_segment_discussion/clnxc75

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/wr7hqq/gamergate---anita-sarkeesian?xrs=synd_facebook_103014_cn_9   You mean this.. 

I'd like to point out a couple things.. 

Most guilds I've been in, female leaders, usually works better internally to keep order ... MEN are more respectful in general.  Con: they don't handle drama too well but usually MEN will step in and handle the brunt for her in those cases.

MEN actually make games very welcoming for women, though we may overdo it at times and make things too easy for the girls when we should let them learn the game "hard mode".

Those little trolls that hide behind their PC, safe from retaliation from either the females they pick on or the MEN they know.. don't refer to them as "men", that's offensive.  Those are fags, straight and simple, regardless of whether they're heterosexual or otherwise.

Also, the skimpy armor is slowly but surely losing ground from what I've seen, in real games at least.. Scarlet Blade and other hardcore P2W Asian games of sorts... those aren't really considered good games anyways.

Problem with female main characters... that's courtesy of feminazis... male character you can have tortured, beaten, blown up, dragged behind a van, beheaded, then revived to repeat the process and no one bats an eyelash.  Do that to a female character, you'd better be insured against pitchforks, torches, and gallows.

As long as it's "all men" being called out for a few fags' actions, the term "feminazi" will keep flying around.  I for one feel misrepresented in this whole mess.  "Please don't leave for another game, Ard" is the comment I'm used to despite all my asshole rants you've all come to know and love to hate, so my presence can't make games THAT unwelcoming for females.  That's because I'm a man, not a 4chan fag.

Problem with female main characters... that's courtesy of feminazis... male character you can have tortured, beaten, blown up, dragged behind a van, beheaded, then revived to repeat the process and no one bats an eyelash.  Do that to a female character, you'd better be insured against pitchforks, torches, and gallows.

Don't think this is true, but it's another good example of men in this thread overtly feeling defensive from feminism.  Maybe you haven't played GTA, Max Payne, or the last Tomb Raider, a game that really gets off on brutalizing Lara.

Don't think this is true, but it's another good example of men in this thread overtly feeling defensive from feminism.  Maybe you haven't played GTA, Max Payne, or the last Tomb Raider, a game that really gets off on brutalizing Lara.

[insert every single game that brutalises men here]

Uh which GTA?  Only got up to San Andreas and up til then it's 99% male cops and gang members that get shot, blown up, and set on fire.

And the last Tomb Raider took quite the backlash over Lara having a "too bad experience".

See, Tomb Raider is a good series with a female lead.... every.. single.. aspect.. has been nitpicked back and forth by both feminist and feminazi.

GTA: "Too violent!" with the odd "it's kinda racist".

Uh which GTA?  Only got up to San Andreas and up til then it's 99% male cops and gang members that get shot, blown up, and set on fire.

I think Silver's referring to the hookers in GTA. I've heard others point to that as well, though there's no real argument to it.

If the republicans take full control of the congress in a couple days TPTB in the democratic party are going to need to take a good hard look @ their strategy.  It may mean Hillary Clinton is canned and the whole war on women strategy is over.

If this is the case Anita and her poor misguided ilk would find the power structure behind them gone.  Gamer gate will disappear and we can await the next distraction.