LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Bango

#gamergate

Since we're getting into laughing at stupid things 'feminists' do, I thought I'd share this one.

A woman decided to go onto a 'Movember' post on Facebook and talk about what she'll be doing and ask for donations. Clearly she can't grow out facial hair so she said she's going to stop shaving elsewhere instead. A fair way to participate, right?

Wrong. She isn't doing this for reasons related to Movember. Of course she isn't, because that would be helping men. She's instead taking this opportunity to 'oppose beauty standards set for women' (whatever bollocks that means)! Why bother joining a good cause when you can try to divert attention away from it simply because you're upset over being unable to go full bush? How many people would even know anyway?! Her logic being that because 'society expects women to shave' (bollocks does it), but 'men can be unshaven on their face without issue'. Showing a complete lack of understanding of what acceptable facial hair involves but with a whiny tone of victimhood to boot.

She's also asking for donations. What, for Movember? No, no, silly sausage. She's going to instead donate it to a charity that's opposed to domestic violence against women. A good cause, opposing domestic violence- oh wait it's domestic violence against women only. Not against domestic violence as a whole, just against women. Rubbing salt in the wound by not only ignoring the charity this is supposed to be for, but picking a different one that implies men are the only people capable of domestic violence. Two birds with one stone.

So out with prostate cancer and in with the hurt feelings of a razorphobe. Hurrah!

• Upvote 1

Since we're getting into laughing at stupid things 'feminists' do, I thought I'd share this one.

No, you were already doing this. That is why I pointed out you are mocking and putting down some women in this thread. It is a perfect response to women who are raising legitimate issues: mock and belittle them - as opposed to debating their points. Instead of discussing concerns women have, just pick a few target women and make fun of them. That will help keep the status quo. 

And to the men posting, I don't care if you like it, or if you don't like it that I don't join in the fun of mocking women. If you are doing this in a public forum, slapping your buddies on the back as you make fun of women, I will probably post some thing that you will not like.

• Upvote 1

No, you were already doing this. That is why I pointed out you are mocking and putting down some women in this thread. It is a perfect response to women who are raising legitimate issues: mock and belittle them - as opposed to debating their points. Instead of discussing concerns women have, just pick a few target women and make fun of them. That will help keep the status quo. 

I believe you have unrealistic expectations regarding this discussion, based on who's involved and previous form :)

Her logic being that because 'society expects women to shave' (bollocks does it)

There is absolutely pressure from models, even directly from boyfriends.  Agree though that picking domestic violence against woman only is a mistake.

And to the men posting, I don't care if you like it, or if you don't like it that I don't join in the fun of mocking women. If you are doing this in a public forum, slapping your buddies on the back as you make fun of women, I will probably post some thing that you will not like.

Oh, I'm sorry, what points was I supposed to debate? Because from where I'm standing, she hasn't made any that even warrant a 'debate'. But it's a woman that I'm laughing at, so that's obviously so taboo. Get over yourself.

I think Silver's referring to the hookers in GTA. I've heard others point to that as well, though there's no real argument to it.

Except for kids who like to freak on pixels, hookers in GTA are the least used function *snickers*

Heh.. this just in .. again... on my Facebook.. (googled a copy so everyone can see the image)

Madonna.jpg

How come women don't risk arrest, social ostracizing, or even being called perverts when posting that?  Where's the goddamned equality?

If there was a "war on women" imagine how many women would be on the sexual offenders' list for that kind of post.

(You'll always have a place in our hearts, Mr. Hefner)

Wait, it is illegal to date someone 22 years old? I don't get it. And what man is getting in trouble for dating someone younger? Don't many men date younger women also? How is that unusual?

Wait, it is illegal to date someone 22 years old? I don't get it. And what man is getting in trouble for dating someone younger? Don't many men date younger women also? How is that unusual?

I think he's referring to the fact that most men that date women/married to women half(or younger)their age get branded perverts while women who do don't, but I don't know how true it is because all we go on are celebrities.

Except for kids who like to freak on pixels, hookers in GTA are the least used function *snickers*

Heh.. this just in .. again... on my Facebook.. (googled a copy so everyone can see the image)

Madonna.jpg

How come women don't risk arrest, social ostracizing, or even being called perverts when posting that?  Where's the goddamned equality?

If there was a "war on women" imagine how many women would be on the sexual offenders' list for that kind of post.

(You'll always have a place in our hearts, Mr. Hefner)

http://www.zimbio.com/The+50+Most+Infamous+Female+Teacher+Sex+Scandals

Well, there's the surprising number of female teachers having affairs with male students. Or it could be they're more "news-worthyI", taking a cue from LordVorontur's comment about celebrities. In alot of those cases, there are debates over who was "at fault" with blame being passed between the teacher and her student "She/he seduced me!"etc.

Oh, I'm sorry, what points was I supposed to debate? Because from where I'm standing, she hasn't made any that even warrant a 'debate'. But it's a woman that I'm laughing at, so that's obviously so taboo. Get over yourself.

That's it we're going to have to ban all women from comedy shows in case they take offence, can't have them being told joke it might be seen as targeting them because they're women, oh wait it would be sexist to exclude them too, what do we do what do we do! :P

• Upvote 1

This is the worst form of sexism. The "white knighting" of women in the name of not being sexist. Think about it, you're defending women because of their sex, it's sexism in all its glory. At least with Doro he mocks everybody, it doesn't matter whether they're male, female, black, white, red, green or shoot rainbows out their arses, he mocks them all.

• Upvote 2

This is the worst form of sexism. The "white knighting" of women in the name of not being sexist. Think about it, you're defending women because of their sex, it's sexism in all its glory. At least with Doro he mocks everybody, it doesn't matter whether they're male, female, black, white, red, green or shoot rainbows out their arses, he mocks them all.

Meh, he's just a guy that jumped on the PC Bandwagon. (not Doro)

The "white knighting" of women in the name of not being sexist. Think about it, you're defending women because of their sex, it's sexism in all its glory.

The phenomenon of "white knighting" is an interesting one that shares its roots with the "nice guy fallacy"; i.e. "women are only interested in jerks and ignore nice guys". There are those out there who would defend a woman in the hopes of....reciprocation. Not saying Nosam fits that criteria, but showing that there is a sort of a social stigma that comes with defending someone based on gender.

Really, observing both sides of gamergate is a facinating exercise in human nature.

http://www.zimbio.com/The+50+Most+Infamous+Female+Teacher+Sex+Scandals

Well, there's the surprising number of female teachers having affairs with male students. Or it could be they're more "news-worthyI", taking a cue from LordVorontur's comment about celebrities. In alot of those cases, there are debates over who was "at fault" with blame being passed between the teacher and her student "She/he seduced me!"etc.

I might be the only one here, but when I see a male teacher and a female student I think 'yes, terrible, he's abused his position to have sex with minors'. But if it's the other way around I can't help but think 'niiice... *high five*'. That kid who had a threesome with his teachers is just legendary.

I might be the only one here, but when I see a male teacher and a female student I think 'yes, terrible, he's abused his position to have sex with minors'. But if it's the other way around I can't help but think 'niiice... *high five*'. That kid who had a threesome with his teachers is just legendary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamela_Smart

These two cases I distinctly remember hearing about while growing up. Both of them stuck in my mind for years afterwords for a few reasons.

Regarding Mary Kay Latourneau, her victim defended her and has always insisted he was in love with her, despite psychologists telling him he was being manipulated and that he was too immature to understand the concept of love. They ended up having two kids together and were married as soon as she was released from prison. The fact he stood by her even in the face of negative publicity seems to support his feelings for her.

Pamela's case is different since it involves her husband's murder (The movie To Die For with Nicole Kidman is based on the novel about the events and trial). But like MKL's trial it became a media circus with accusations flying both ways over whether she seduced her young pupils in murdering her husband or if this was the work of a lonely teenage boy and his gulible friends. Both sides also had their own experts either painting the boys as patsies or cold-blooded murderers.

I guess you can also place partial blame over how the media potrayed both sides, with risque photos of Pamela supposedly sent to the suspects, or the "confessions" of jail house informants who "overheard" the suspects admiting to the crime while in jail awaiting trial.

In any case, if you're a teacher I don't think you should use the student body as a potential dating pool, but that's just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIZofPB8ZM

Yeah, I'd say it's inapropriate for a teacher of either sex to get involved with someone they are teaching at the time.

I agree, but only because it would effect the way that the student is treated in regards to education. The problem is sometimes you find your perfect partner in the most unlikely places, that would be a hard decision, do you give up your chance of being with the person you are meant to be with or do you give up a career. I'd hate to be a teacher, especially a teacher that teaches classes of pupils that aren't that far off your own age.

I agree, but only because it would effect the way that the student is treated in regards to education. The problem is sometimes you find your perfect partner in the most unlikely places, that would be a hard decision, do you give up your chance of being with the person you are meant to be with or do you give up a career. I'd hate to be a teacher, especially a teacher that teaches classes of pupils that aren't that far off your own age.

Plus, who can resist a school girl outfit? :P

If they are close to the same age as the teacher, then they are almost finished with school ad the teacher could wait.

There was a teacher at my school that got caught with a pupil. His wife came home early and found her hiding in the bedroom cupboard.

My grandfather was teaching a masters' course in El Salvador... while sifting through the list of his next potential group, he stumbled across my grandmother's picture and said "I want HER in my class"...

Few months later he announced to his friends that they were engaged... 

His friends said "A Panamanian woman?  Wooooah man... brave"

55 years later... he knows what they meant =P