LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Woeg

Skyrim Question

With all the talk of Skyrim elsewhere - is there a decent mod that removes the twitch factor (no offense to the console gamers - just not for me) that makes it  more   pausable like say Baldurs Gate or Fallout 1&2 ?

I did a quick search but didn't see anything - but it was very quick search

Thanks !

There are combat mods, but I haven't saw one that make Skyrim combat hmm turn based or something like that.   I have not been looking for something like that though.

PS. Off-topic: Divinity Original Sin is a new game that in many ways is similar to old crpgs like Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate, etc    Just saying if you haven't heard about this one.

I don't know of any mod that changes the combat mechanics completely. If you just want to play Skyrim for the exploration and story you could use the console to give yourself god mode stats so that you just one shot everything.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_%28Skyrim%29

Note that console use does come with a risk, save your game first.

Not too sure what you mean by 'twitch factor', but if you mean hectic combat you could always try going the stealth assassin route with a good bow. You just need to be able to aim.

Not too sure what you mean by 'twitch factor', but if you mean hectic combat you could always try going the stealth assassin route with a good bow. You just need to be able to aim.

That's basically what I did, although not out of any attempt to avoid the action combat.

Fair warning, though: with enough points in some key skills, at a certain point you'll basically be one-shotting everything from stealth, and those few mobs that you can't one-shot, you'll be able to re-stealth right in front of them and take another OP stealth attack.

That's basically what I did, although not out of any attempt to avoid the action combat.

Fair warning, though: with enough points in some key skills, at a certain point you'll basically be one-shotting everything from stealth, and those few mobs that you can't one-shot, you'll be able to re-stealth right in front of them and take another OP stealth attack.

Best bit is when you've just fired an arrow into their leader, they all draw swords and say 'is someone there?', then give up in a few seconds saying 'it must have been my imagination'.

Thanks for the info everyone - I am not sure why I dislike the combat model so much - but it just doesn't work for me even though I find the rest of the game very enjoyable