LOTROCommunity

Scottish Independence

Laurinaohtar

Slightly O/T but it gave me a good larf..

Well, we don’t think anyone can say she didn’t give a full and comprehensive answer on the subject of Scottish Labour’s membership figures there. _O-

We can’t explain why Sarah Smith (daughter of former Labour leader John Smith) said SNP/Green membership had “practically” trebled when in fact they’ve more than trebled (25,000 to 82,000 in the SNP’s case, and 2000 to 7000 for the Greens), or why she didn’t press the question as Curran waffled on about something else entirely.

But it’s a start, and with the subject of membership levels being so topical in the wake of the explosion in SNP, Green and SSP figures, we look forward to more interviewers quizzing Scottish Labour representatives on it, and perhaps establishing why they’ve kept their numbers a closely-guarded secret for the last half-decade.

Honest, we’re holding our breath and everything.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/hearing-a-different-question/#more-62409

What have membership numbers got to do with anything. So the SNP have more members than the Lib Dems but the Lib Dems get more votes and more seats in a General Election and are in a position to have more influence on the country.

IKR So why the refusal to answer the question?

I`m glad she did refuse though, it was most entertaining to watch her dodge  the question, waffle bullshit then proudly sate at the end " this is labour party at its best"

_O-

Johann Lamont, Scottish Labour conference, March 2014:

And here’s what that means seven months later, in terms of the submissions of the five Holyrood parties to the Smith Commission on devolved powers:

smithdevo.jpg

Labour have out-Toried the Tories.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-party-of-devolution/

was anyone ever in any doubt that this was about to happen?

BP and GDF Suez discover new North Sea oil field

_78471330_167235207.jpg

Oil firms BP and GDF Suez have announced the discovery of a new field in the UK Central North Sea.

The find, which spans adjacent blocks operated separately by the two companies, has been flow-tested at a maximum rate of 5,350 barrels per day.

The discovery has been called Marconi by GDF Suez subsidiary GDF Suez E&P UK, while BP has named it Vorlich.

GDF Suez E&P UK managing director Ruud Zoon described the discovery as "encouraging".

He said: "The discovery is our third successful well this year and demonstrates a continuing commitment by GDF Suez to an active exploration and appraisal drilling programme on the UK Continental Shelf."

'Great example'

GDF Suez has already built up more than 50 licences in the Central and Southern North Sea and West of Shetland. The company employs more than 300 staff and contractors in offices in London and Aberdeen.

BP, along with co-venturers, is undertaking a £10bn investment programme in the North Sea. It has undertaken to spend more than £7bn of that sum in the next five years.

Trevor Garlick, regional president of BP North Sea, said: "As BP marks its 50th year in the North Sea and as the industry looks to maximise economic recovery from the basin, increasing exploration activity and finding new ways to collaborate will be critical to realising remaining potential.

"This discovery is a great example of both."

Industry body Oil & Gas UK welcomed the new discovery.

Operations director Oonagh Werngren said: "At a time when exploration in the UKCS (UK Continental Shelf) is facing severe investment and cost pressures, it is heartening to see two UK explorers apply their expertise to understand the risks of the CNS (Central North Sea) and demonstrate that there are still significant economic plays to be developed within the basin.

"Going forward, the UKCS needs to secure substantial investment and increase exploration, and this will come both through an improved fiscal regime and better technical understanding of the basin."

'Serious questions'

The UK government's Business and Energy Minister Matthew Hancock said: "We are determined to have set the right fiscal and regulatory regimes to make sure we can get the maximum possible economic extraction of oil and gas from the North Sea.

"This discovery shows exactly what can be achieved in the North Sea if companies work together to maximise the considerable potential of remaining oil and gas reserves."

The SNP said the discovery raised "serious questions" over the "scaremongering on oil revenues" by pro-Union politicians ahead of last month's independence referendum.

Scottish Energy Minister Fergus Ewing said: "This discovery is another great example of the huge potential the future holds for the North Sea.

"With more effective collaboration, increased exploration activity and a commitment to maximising economic recovery, the overall value that the industry continues to generate for the wider economy can also be maximised.

"It is critical that current reforms to the regulatory and fiscal regimes applying in the North Sea are expedited and prioritised with a view to ensuring the economic viability of projects such as these, and to realising the opportunities for development of the vast remaining resources in the North Sea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-29739085

To put that find into some perspective, in 2013 the UK produced around 800000 barrels of crude oil a day. The new discovery can produce a maximum of 5350 barrels a day.

Also BP spoke out against independence and the risks to its business and know about the potential of this field as they were doing the work to discover how much they could get from it.

No matter what you might think, oil is running out. It might last 40 year 50 year or even 60 years but it will be gone before the end of the century and it takes millions of years to make more.

To put that find into some perspective, in 2013 the UK produced around 800000 barrels of crude oil a day. The new discovery can produce a maximum of 5350 barrels a day.

Also BP spoke out against independence and the risks to its business and know about the potential of this field as they were doing the work to discover how much they could get from it.

No matter what you might think, oil is running out. It might last 40 year 50 year or even 60 years but it will be gone before the end of the century and it takes millions of years to make more.

I guess you have made your mind up and no amount of new evidence is likely to change it? eh, eh? nudge, nudge.

I guess you have made your mind up and no amount of new evidence is likely to change it? eh, eh? nudge, nudge.

What new evidence, BP said there was new fields that they were working on before the referendum.

I know what you are trying to do and it wont work. I made my decision after looking at all the information that was available, not just that for oil, and since much of the information was not released by the SNP when asked, it spend time looking for it and made an informed decision. In fact much of the information contradicted things the SNP said, even showed that they lied.

What new evidence, BP said there was new fields that they were working on before the referendum.

I know what you are trying to do and it wont work. I made my decision after looking at all the information that was available, not just that for oil, and since much of the information was not released by the SNP when asked, it spend time looking for it and made an informed decision. In fact much of the information contradicted things the SNP said, even showed that they lied.

What am I trying to do,in your opinion? and why wont it work? And am I gona need a tin-foil hat?

Seriously, CossieUK, This is general banter.. so... dont read too much into it, ok? ./cheers.

No, clearly, BP are the ones who pulled the trigger on that Brown kid.

How horrible, this is the reason why Scotland needs to get independence, so they no longer have to be called british and be associated with those child-murdering British Petroleum bastards!

Obama called then British Petroleum after the rig disaster a few years back, looking to place blame of another country, but had to be corrected as BP is no longer short for British Petroleum if doesn't stand for anything anymore.

What a shame there isnt a election till next year, and by that time Jim Murphy will be leading Scottish Labour. He is well like by Labour supporters. Also that would likely lead to another Tory government which is not in the best interests on Scotland.

Meanwhile Alex Salmond opened his first super market yesterday, and one of the reasons for doing so was because Lidl is not Asda. He cant help having a go at companies that gave potential warnings about an independent Scotland, as they are bound by law to do.

Outside the Labour Gala diner there was a collection for food banks, and Jim Murphy made a donation, only for it to be handed back. Ed Miliband's donation was put aside again it was not wanted. How sad

LOL Cameron trying to act tough!

Cameron: UK won't pay £1.7bn EU bill next month

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29754168

Yeah yeah.. just pay the bill.. you know your gona.

Just Shut the Fuck Up Cameron and Print the stuff to pay the bill.. It is a tiny percentage of that valueless stuff, that used to be called "Stirling", created via QE.

All this is saying is the Cameron has forgotten about this and have not added it to forward estimates and UK truly has nothing left in its Handbag.

He is such a bull shit artist.

I wonder how much longer the average UK citizen is going to swallow this shit for, before rotten eggs and rocks start being thrown through local members windows of the their offices and at their homes of all political persuasions (and when I mean average citizen I mean grannys and parents who have realised the pensions and pension plans have deteriorated to shit and life savings are worth even less - not hard at it wanking uni students with nothing to do this afternoon so lets go and do a protest before going down the boozer and get pissed using my free and unearned going to school pension).

Bah!

It was a grave mistake you Scots not leaving, however improbable it was ever going to happen. Your fate is well and truly tied to the sinking ship, and your life raft is bolted and welded to its deck.

I am now starting to wonder if the Monarch can survive this.

President Nigel Farage the First   lol

CrankyCat

STV poll: Two thirds of Scots support second referendum within ten years

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/297867-stv-poll-third-of-scots-support-second-referendum-within-ten-years/

Edit

The numbers don`t really surprise me at all.

The main thing I took from this is that the numbers show why Nicola Sturgeon cannot rule out another referendum.

CossieUK, you should`nt wear your sash so tight, it`s cut off the blood to your brain.

Clearly Alex the devil Salmond does not decide these things..

What sash

The only person that can give another referendum is the Prime Minister, and there is no way in hell Cameron would give another one just now and neither would Miliband. So just accept that is wont happen and move on and get the SNP back to running the country.