LOTROCommunity

Sorry, Guys ...

Dalthalion

I want to move to Canada, but I don't know how to get a job there. :(

Become fluent in Canadian and teach?

Well, most countries just snoop.  They don't even try to do it legally.  Watch this and then decide who you are ticked off by.

http://map.ipviking.com/?_ga=1.106938115.1477390587.1388686673#

Well, most countries just snoop. They don't even try to do it legally. Watch this and then decide who you are ticked off by.

http://map.ipviking.com/?_ga=1.106938115.1477390587.1388686673#

Fluent in Canadian, ha! I'm actually in the upper Midwest now, so we get a fair number of Canadians to our fair state.

I'm far less worried about the U.S. than what Communist China is doing to everyone, though.

• Upvote 1

I want to move to Canada, but I don't know how to get a job there. :(

If you are a Professional in a 'wanted' skill, you will have no problem getting a job in Canada I would think. Same with Australia. ... be quick though.

I predict Canada will close all its US borders and perhaps even slap Visa requirements on USA "tourists"  for a finite time period over the next few years. USA tourists, alternatively known as medical refugees, will be be processed as criminals, forced back to USA, never to be allowed back to Canada again.

NAFTA be damned.

As with all Western Countries, Canada can barely afford its own Health Welfare. It most certainly cannot afford poor people flooding over her southern borders to get purchase medical supplies.

... but it appears that the country I inhabit still wants to tick off other countries.

I thought Cloud computing was one of those amazing rare ideas to make life simpler and easier until someone simplified the process for me... you are storing your stuff on someone else's computer...

... I thought "Fuck that"!

CrankyCat

Those middlemen banking on abusing Canadian government-subsidized drugs to Americans... yeah, damn. :/

It would help a lot if the US healthcare system wasn't so fucked up to begin with. And shit like this:

Http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/29/us/costs-can-go-up-fast-when-er-is-in-network-but-the-doctors-are-not.html

I'm doubly scared of any family member going to the ER now, talk about total crapshoot.

And I never understood the 3rd party cloud storage of confidential medical and legal data. The companies hold your data hostage by way of proprietary formats and data structures (making it extremely hard to switch) and charge ongoing file storage fees that are always worse over time because data only increases... Private clouds are at least better that way.

as a west coast Canuckstanian...  i can barely make out what half the country is saying...  and that isn't even mentioning the French.

those Toronto folk all sound so weird.  "tor-raun-nah"

hell, i though Sara Palin might be from one of Toronotos outlier burbs, like Oshawa...

& then there is the maritime & they have at least 3 unique dialects, or was that just Newfoundland?

"Lord Tunderin Jesus Bye!"

when that varied half attempts to say my home town, "Vancouver"  i have to fight back the urge to smack them.

I thought Cloud computing was one of those amazing rare ideas to make life simpler and easier until someone simplified the process for me... you are storing your stuff on someone else's computer...

When Steve Wozniak stated that it "could be a disaster," I became skeptical of using the cloud right away.  After all, on the cloud, the idea of ownership of data is incredibly murky on a legal level.

Do you keep your money in bank notes stuffed in your mattress? Or is it stored in someone else's vault ?

Cloud computing has a lot of advantages and inconvenience, but you can take steps to mitigate the inconveniences. First don't take nude selfies ever. Secondly crypt everything and only store away crypted stuff. Third, don't use it if you don't need it.

If you are a Professional in a 'wanted' skill, you will have no problem getting a job in Canada I would think. Same with Australia. ... be quick though.

I predict Canada will close all its US borders and perhaps even slap Visa requirements on USA "tourists"  for a finite time period over the next few years. USA tourists, alternatively known as medical refugees, will be be processed as criminals, forced back to USA, never to be allowed back to Canada again.

NAFTA be damned.

As with all Western Countries, Canada can barely afford its own Health Welfare. It most certainly cannot afford poor people flooding over her southern borders to get purchase medical supplies.

... I thought "Fuck that"!

CrankyCat

1.000 % agree on your opinion towards 'the Cloud'.

The question is whether your own computer is any better protected against the NSA.

And I thought the UK government snoops and censors even more (on their own population), they just don't have to justify it. Maybe I'm not up to date.

Considering a move to Beijing next year... US govt' has its grubby paws way to deep into Latin America's business.

Can't say I trust the Chinese govt' but, its come down to who I distrust less.

As for nudies and the cloud, I may take a few and upload them now with jihadist-like titles just to really ruin a few agents' days.

The reason Europe recently dominates the Ryder Cup is that Tiger Woods got his ass kicked by his (now-ex) wife, and hasn't been the same since.

Bah. 8 out of the last 10 suggest that is not a good enough excuse, considering European domination was there before Tiger Woods let his libido fuck with his Golf Career ;)

The reason Europe recently dominates the Ryder Cup is that Tiger Woods got his ass kicked by his (now-ex) wife, and hasn't been the same since.

Technically, he kicked his own rear end, and license to the boot was adjudicated to his ex-wife's custody.

Maybe in longer term this will be an motivation for creation / further expansion of Europe centric companies and technologies in IT, with infrastructure, data and work places in Europe.  

Sure that sort of thing might have many downsides, but sooner or later all world powers which are powerful enough (China, India, EU, Russia, maybe Brasil and others) will not want to rely on US made tech and companies for net techs.    It is becoming simply too important.