LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LordVorontur

New Expansion announced. Shadow Of Revan.

The SWTOR developers' views on skill trees, from the blog on Disciplines:

While Skill Trees appear on the surface to provide flexibility and choice, in practicality they give very little of either. Players of a skill tree all tend to take the same skills in roughly the same order, with only minor variations on which utility choices they pick up by the end of their leveling system.

Funny, I used to play a game that, when it switched to skill trees, had people touting how much more flexible they are and how much variety they offer...

The SWTOR developers' views on skill trees, from the blog on Disciplines:

Funny, I used to play a game that, when it switched to skill trees, had people touting how much more flexible they are and how much variety they offer...

Well, the skill trees in LotrO do give more flexibility than SWTORs IMO, though mostly when it comes to putting the last points in offspec trees. And that's the only "good" thing about LotrOs shit trees.

I lost interest in the game awhile back but the very premise of this expansion has me very excited. I'm really hoping it will be good.

7 days of early access is smarter than 2 or 3 days. Archeage messed up early access in a big way, although that was a launch so more players.

The XP boosts is only for class quests and is only available if you have an active sub.

Correct, but it's enough of a boost that it seems possible to level to cap solely from one's class story.  I had a character at 29, and have picked up one level per class quest since pre-ordering.  I read in general chat one guy claim to go from 49 to 55 on four Makeb quests (apparently the Makeb storyline counts as class quests?).

*spoilers*

So last Star Wars book I read was Revan and as I recall he was good guy again. I'm confused.

In the latest storyline of the game, that may or may not be true.

Correct, but it's enough of a boost that it seems possible to level to cap solely from one's class story.  I had a character at 29, and have picked up one level per class quest since pre-ordering.  I read in general chat one guy claim to go from 49 to 55 on four Makeb quests (apparently the Makeb storyline counts as class quests?).

I was kind of hoping that it would be for anyone that pre-ordered even if you have no sub.

I've got a madness-spec lvl 24 sorcerer that I may level to cap along with artifice. 12x xp is going to make the levels zip by.

I've got a madness-spec lvl 24 sorcerer that I may level to cap along with artifice. 12x xp is going to make the levels zip by.

yoda.jpg

"If you end your training now, if you choose the quick and easy path, ... you will become an agent of evil."

- Yoda

• Upvote 1

Apparently (unlike the Hutt Cartel expansion) they will again give each class its own story quest line:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/07/swtor-shadow-of-revan-will-include-new-class-missions/

That is a good thing, IMO. After setting expectations for this in the original game, I found it kind of inexplicable that they didn't follow through in Hutt expansion.

It would also be nice if the story in the new expansion isn't idiotic and self-contradictory like the Hutt Cartel one...

I think they didn't in the Hutt Cartel because of the money and time it takes to make class quest in swtor. However, the backlash was probably sufficient enough to show them that it's worth the investment.

Dont get your hopes to high

Each player class will be given one unique class story mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another

One mission could be 1 quest or a small quest arc

I think I'll be going back to sub in ToR instead of WoW, especially after last night. There are just too many asshats in WoW. After character creation on the very first quest, 2 walking douchebags are blocking access to the quest items. Now I do have to give credit to WoWs GM's, both morons were removed after enough of us reported them, but why is this even a thing?

I have made up my mind to unsub from ESO, I'm just bored with it, and I only had 3 capped toons in ToR so I still have a lot of storyline to explore and the new xpac looks exciting.

Qusetion: Is the Hutt Cartel even worth getting?