LOTROCommunity

oculus rift is going to play a huge part in the next 5 years of LOTRO

Ifreborn

• 1 year later...
On October 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Ifreborn said:

If they play their cards right and devote a small amount of time and effort into making the game Rift friendly LOTRO will have a bright future.

that is is my prediction.

I'm never sure how people can be so negative (re: the many comments). I have the rift and fully support this! It would be nice to see some sort of official acknowledgement of the idea one way or another. 

Why would someone acquire brand new technology to play an aging game with below average graphics by today's standards, and stiff animations since day one?

No significant amount of people.

The landscape graphic's repetitive textures and the character animations already look ugly on a normal screen... I think you'd poke your eyes out if you had to see them on a VR headset.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Palpatine said:

Why would someone acquire brand new technology to play an aging game with below average graphics by today's standards, and stiff animations since day one?

No significant amount of people.

The landscape graphic's repetitive textures and the character animations already look ugly on a normal screen... I think you'd poke your eyes out if you had to see them on a VR headset.

Would have to try and see. The rift is the only way I'd play some games nowadays. I decide to fire up lotro every time I read through the books again, but if there's something better out there to satisfy, I'd love to know! 

with turbine's inability to do more than the minimum, with the minimum staff. how does the OP have any other point except to troll?

there is no way this is happening.  even if some how, someone, at WB got drunk enough to open the purse strings to make something like this happen....turbine STILL cant get a handle on DX11 so it can preform half way decently in lotro. there is no way any sane fan of lotro could buy into this.